Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

U21 today.

Comments

• Options
    edited March 2016
    One nil down. Time to get Hanlan on for Grant
  • Options
    lookman carried off on a stretcher subbed off for Kennady
  • Options
    harlton Athletic FC ‏@CAFCofficial 1m1 minute ago
    69' GOOOOALLLLLL!
    0 retweets 1 like
    Reply Retweet
    Like 1
    More
    Charlton Athletic FC ‏@CAFCofficial 48s48 seconds ago
    Karlan Ahearne-Grant hammers a 25-yard free-kick into the top corner. A lovely strike from the 18-year-old! #cafc
  • Options
    Top left hand corner from 25 yards
  • Options

harlton Athletic FC ‏@CAFCofficial 1m1 minute ago
    69' GOOOOALLLLLL!
    0 retweets 1 like
    Reply Retweet
    Like 1
    More
    Charlton Athletic FC ‏@CAFCofficial 48s48 seconds ago
    Karlan Ahearne-Grant hammers a 25-yard free-kick into the top corner. A lovely strike from the 18-year-old! #cafc

sell him now, sell him now, sell him now...

• Options
    1-1 final score
  • Options

Our team is in a huge relegation battle, and we are not playing Lookman (except on a tv game funnily enough) in the first team - yet we are for U21's to advertise him further. Really just not acceptable. Taking the piss out of fanscustomers.

Don't be weird.
  • Options
    Fair result will probably play against each other in the play offs
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited March 2016

Terrific equaliser from grant from direct free kick. Really pleased for him.

I feel sorry for him, he might get a call up for the first team now. Maybe he'll get a chance in a position he's never played before.
  • Options

Our team is in a huge relegation battle, and we are not playing Lookman (except on a tv game funnily enough) in the first team - yet we are for U21's to advertise him further. Really just not acceptable. Taking the piss out of fans.

Given he's played ~15 times for the senior team, I highly doubt scouts are there to see him. It's more likely he was given time for fitness, given he seemed to be lacking it in that TV game.

More likely the scouts are there for Konsa, RCC, maybe Edwards, maybe Umerah plus some Hudds players. Hudds seem to have a solid team and I'm guessing it's easier for a lot of scouts to get to the Valley than it is to get up to Huddersfield
  • Options
    great clip of the goal on @CAFCOfficial twitter
  • Options
    SDAddick said:

Our team is in a huge relegation battle, and we are not playing Lookman (except on a tv game funnily enough) in the first team - yet we are for U21's to advertise him further. Really just not acceptable. Taking the piss out of fans.

Given he's played ~15 times for the senior team, I highly doubt scouts are there to see him. It's more likely he was given time for fitness, given he seemed to be lacking it in that TV game.

More likely the scouts are there for Konsa, RCC, maybe Edwards, maybe Umerah plus some Hudds players. Hudds seem to have a solid team and I'm guessing it's easier for a lot of scouts to get to the Valley than it is to get up to Huddersfield
    He's 18 years old I highly doubt he's lacking fitness, if he does need fitness then he's not training properly with the first team.

22 scouts is an awful lot, that's no coincidence, an average U21 match probably has 2/3.
  • Options

0-0 at the half. Very even game reckon one goal either way will nick it. Cook running the show. One great save each by both keepers . Grant totally lost all his confidence .

loss of confidence or nerves knowing scouts are there looking at him?
  • Options
    SDAddick said:

Totally wrong on every count there SD. Lookman didn't have a good game I am happy to say.

• Options
    dickplumb said:

SDAddick said:

Totally wrong on every count there SD. Lookman didn't have a good game I am happy to say.

Fair dos, glad he was rubbish, but I'd imagine scouts these days have access to the tape of every game he's played. It feels quite old fashion to have 20-odd scouts turn up to a U21 game to watch a player with so many first team appearance, but then again what do I know (and maybe it's a slow international week).
  • Options
    SDAddick said:

dickplumb said:

SDAddick said:

Fair dos, glad he was rubbish, but I'd imagine scouts these days have access to the tape of every game he's played. It feels quite old fashion to have 20-odd scouts turn up to a U21 game to watch a player with so many first team appearance, but then again what do I know (and maybe it's a slow international week).
    Every U21 or U18 game I have been to has had scouts from various Clubs. It got so bad at the training ground that as a Charlton fan you had to show ID. Before you just used to walk into the Training ground.
  • Options
    Totally joke that Lookman plays in this game but not in our bid to stay up and RD talks about fans wanting the club to fail. Does he want that as well?
  • Options
    I hope I don't come across in previous posts as dismissing you or your opinions, it's quite the opposite, I find this all very interesting. I'm curious to know why you think that is? Do you think it's the influx of money in the game, scarcity of homegrown English talent, and a desire/drive by the big clubs to hoover up as many talented youngsters as possible? One or all of the above? A general improvement in Charlton's youth development?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Totally joke that Lookman plays in this game but not in our bid to stay up and RD talks about fans wanting the club to fail. Does he want that as well?

Giving the benefit of the doubt, perhaps he is fit enough for an hour of under 21, but not more than about 20 minutes for the first team, although it would be nice to see him for more than 8 minutes
  • Options
    edited March 2016

harlton Athletic FC

Those bast@rds...they've gone and bloody renamed us already!!! :neutral:
  • Options
    Charlton Athletic FC ‏@CAFCofficial 28m28 minutes ago
    We'll have team news for today's U21s fixture against @CardiffCityFC in the next 20 minutes or so... #cafc

Charlton Athletic FC ‏@CAFCofficial 4m4 minutes ago
    CHARLTON U21S | Beeney, Barnes, Edwards, Konsa, Thomas, Obileye, Kelly, Aribo, Ahearne-Grant, Kennedy, Hanlan. #cafc

CHARLTON U21S SUBS | Maynard-Brewer, Staunton, Charles-Cook, Umerah, Ansah #cafc
  • Options
    No Lookman
  • Options
    Scouts must be off for Easter weekend....
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    Surprised that Lookman isnt being played today...

In what would be a week off it would be good to see him get some more minutes surely?
  • Options

Surprised that Lookman isnt being played today...

In what would be a week off it would be good to see him get some more minutes surely?

Maybe we couldn't find the scissors to get all that bubble wrap off of him.
  • Options
    Charlton Athletic FC ‏@CAFCofficial 10m10 minutes ago
    The U21s will wear black armbands today to pay their respects to the family of Joshua Daniels - a close friend of @MikhailKennedy #cafc

Charlton Athletic FC ‏@CAFCofficial 9m9 minutes ago
    Daniels' family were tragically involved in the Buncrana tragedy in Northern Ireland earlier this week #cafc

• Options

Charlton Athletic FC ‏@CAFCofficial 10m10 minutes ago
    The U21s will wear black armbands today to pay their respects to the family of Joshua Daniels - a close friend of @MikhailKennedy #cafc

Charlton Athletic FC ‏@CAFCofficial 9m9 minutes ago
    Daniels' family were tragically involved in the Buncrana tragedy in Northern Ireland earlier this week #cafc

Is that the family who's car slipped on algae on the pier and went into the sea?