Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

U21 today.

Comments

• Options
    dickplumb said:

It was a all Ansah's fault.

Sshh, you will upset Henry
  • Options
    ross1 said:

dickplumb said:

It was a all Ansah's fault.

Sshh, you will upset Henry
    If he had started we would have won FACT
  • Options
    When did Ansah last score?
  • Options

When did Ansah last score?

Marlow Rooms - last Saturday
  • Options
    Yes it certainly wasn't on the pitch unless it was in the centre circle
  • Options

GET OUT OF OUR CLUB
    GET OUT OF OUR CLU U UB
    YOU PERSON FROM A SMALL COUNTRY ABOVE FRANCE QUITE NEAR THE NETHERLANDS WANKER GET OUT OF OUR CLUB....

How could you forget Luxembourg? I'm fairly sure it's reasonably adjacent.
  • Options
    We have seemed to stop scoring goals since Euell took his job back and replaced Clark... Did we look better under the latter?
  • Options

We have seemed to stop scoring goals since Euell took his job back and replaced Clark... Did we look better under the latter?

You ask that, however and I dont know, doesnt the club all work under the same coaching plan?
    I remember hearing the Arsenal U9s, 10s,11s, etc etc work to the same plan as the first team, i.e pass pass pass.
  • Options

iamdan said:

You ask that, however and I dont know, doesnt the club all work under the same coaching plan?
    I remember hearing the Arsenal U9s, 10s,11s, etc etc work to the same plan as the first team, i.e pass pass pass.
    That clearly does not go on at Charlton as the U19s and U21s are top of their respective leagues.

Really not sure why I asked such a sensible question on here..
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    *Sigh*
  • Options
    iamdan said:

I doubt the club has a consistent coaching plan, seeing that we've had 3 first team Head Coaches already this season,and none of them would have the influence that a Wenger (or Pep) would have on the club.

The Academy set up is much more consistent, I imagine they've played in a fairly constant system throughout the last 2 years of RD...
  • Options
    iamdan said:

If they do then the U21s must be brilliant. It takes a special team to be running away with the league and running the ball out of play every 2 minutes.
  • Options
    iamdan said:

I'm pretty sure I've heard soundbites from someone, probably Simon Clark, saying something to that effect. Even if our manager isn't a figurehead like Wenger, and almost no one is these days, the academies within themselves usually try to have consistent set-ups across all age groups.

As an aside, do we have an Academy Director? This is something that would fall squarely on them.
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    SDAddick said:

iamdan said:

I'm pretty sure I've heard soundbites from someone, probably Simon Clark, saying something to that effect. Even if our manager isn't a figurehead like Wenger, and almost no one is these days, the academies within themselves usually try to have consistent set-ups across all age groups.

As an aside, do we have an Academy Director? This is something that would fall squarely on them.
    That would be Steve Avery wouldn't it?
  • Options

SDAddick said:

iamdan said:

Yes, correct, I thought we did. It should be said it's Steve Avory, which, even with the different spelling is a somewhat unfortunate name at the moment.
  • Options
    SDAddick said:

SDAddick said:

iamdan said:

Yes, correct, I thought we did. It should be said it's Steve Avory, which, even with the different spelling is a somewhat unfortunate name at the moment.
    Oh balls... Spelt it Steve Avory before editing it to my current spelling as didnt think it looked right!!
  • Options

SDAddick said:

SDAddick said:

iamdan said:

Oh balls... Spelt it Steve Avory before editing it to my current spelling as didnt think it looked right!!
    Are you sure it's not Mick Avory, drummer with The Kinks?

• Options
    U21S in action at Nottingham Forest this afternoon.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

CHARLTON U21S SUBS | Prall, Yao, Kelly, Ansah, Ahearne-Grant #cafc

— Charlton Athletic FC (@CAFCofficial) April 4, 2016
  • Options

U21S | 43' GOOOAALLLL! Brandon Hanlan has given us the lead on the stroke of half time at @Official_NFFC #cafc

• Options
    Suggests Bauer won't feature tomorrow
  • Options

U21S | Hanlan's strike separates the two sides at the interval. 1-0 we lead in Nottingham #cafc

• Options

I'm sure he'll need a couple of weeks at least before being considered, especially with Fanni and Tex playing pretty well.

Interesting that KAG is on the bench, as it's not as if he'll be needed tomorrow (with Sanago back)
  • Options

I'm sure he'll need a couple of weeks at least before being considered, especially with Fanni and Tex playing pretty well.

Interesting that KAG is on the bench, as it's not as if he'll be needed tomorrow (with Sanago back)
    It seems to me that we have three good center forwards at U21 level, Umerah, Hanlan, and KAG (four with Kennedy). I think that it should be expected for there to be some rotation just as a normal course of action. I wonder if he was part of the team for Saturday (I believe a team will bring/dress ~20 players in case someone drops out in warm-ups).

So pleased to have Bauer back. Would love to have him tomorrow from the bench, but it's probably a big ask at this stage.

For those who regularly watch the U-21s, how does Dijksteel look? Sounded like a bit of a coup when we signed him, and seems to have slotted straight in, but curious to know what his potential looks like.
  • Options
    SDAddick said:

It seems to me that we have three good center forwards at U21 level, Umerah, Hanlan, and KAG (four with Kennedy). I think that it should be expected for there to be some rotation just as a normal course of action. I wonder if he was part of the team for Saturday (I believe a team will bring/dress ~20 players in case someone drops out in warm-ups).

So pleased to have Bauer back. Would love to have him tomorrow from the bench, but it's probably a big ask at this stage.

For those who regularly watch the U-21s, how does Dijksteel look? Sounded like a bit of a coup when we signed him, and seems to have slotted straight in, but curious to know what his potential looks like.
    What about Ansah?
  • Options
    U21S | 70' GOOOOAAALLL! Half-time substitute Kenneth Yao makes it 2-0 to @jasoneuell's side! #cafc
  • Options
    SDAddick said:

In better shape than Tata Steel...
  • Options
    Dijksteel is a very understated player as he plays the holding role. Very physically strong, good in the tackle and can also play a long pass, but usually just breaks up play and passes short to more alleged creative players. I rate him highly.

Striker wise, not sure Kennedy is good enough and Umerah is very raw still, but a good finisher who never hides. Hanlan has the best all round game ie hard working, quick, strong and direct. Really hoping Grant gets back on track in pre season as this time last year I thought he was the real deal.