Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Brick Lane

2»

Comments

• Options

Taayabs has been better than Lahore for a while now.

Went Lahore Kebab House last month and was really disappointed (apart from the take your own drink making it a cheaper night)
    Bring your own booze is common for most of the places along Brick lane.

For the initial poster- If you want to stay on Brick lane then I'd recommend 'Aladdin' or their sister restaurant which is directly next door.

Dishoom, Incredible would recommend to anyone but bookings are only open to groups of 6+.
  • Options
    Yep Dishoom is brilliant.
  • Options

Dishroom end of discussion best Indian food I have eaten

I agree the food in Dishoom is fantastic, having been half a dozen times in the last 18 months or so but I wouldn't necessarily call that a curry house. Dishoom is a proper restaurant with a price tag to match. Think the last time I went in Dishoom, the bill for 2 of us came to just over £100 with a couple of drinks. Taayabs and Needoo would be nearer £50-60 max.
  • Options
    JohnBoyUK said:

I agree the food in Dishoom is fantastic, having been half a dozen times in the last 18 months or so but I wouldn't necessarily call that a curry house. Dishoom is a proper restaurant with a price tag to match. Think the last time I went in Dishoom, the bill for 2 of us came to just over £100 with a couple of drinks. Taayabs and Needoo would be nearer £50-60 max.
    You must have stuffed yourselves to get up to £50 pp at Dishoom. Their curries are about £8. Add rice, naan and a side dish and you may be looking at £20. Taayabs is cheaper but not my much, except you save a lot because you can bring your own booze.
  • Options
    Rice and naan? You animal.
  • Options
    Jints said:

JohnBoyUK said:

You must have stuffed yourselves to get up to £50 pp at Dishoom. Their curries are about £8. Add rice, naan and a side dish and you may be looking at £20. Taayabs is cheaper but not my much, except you save a lot because you can bring your own booze.
    Hmm, you're probably right actually. Lamb chops to share, Lamb Raan to share, most of our bill must have been made up by more booze than I thought once the rice and Naan were accounted for. Her and her bloody G&Ts and Red Wine.

The black dahl is awesome if anyone hasnt tried it.
  • Options
    JohnBoyUK said:

The black dahl is awesome if anyone hasnt tried it.

It really is. One of my favourite dishes ever.

• Options
    mickc said:

The Lahore in Umberstone Street, excellent.

Agreed - the lamb chops are great and there's a reasonably priced shop on the corner for BYO.
  • Options
    There is an excellent French restaurant called chez elles on brick lane.