Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Family Hospitality Package - Attempt to fill the West with kids?

Anyone else get this today:

Charlton are offering a fantastic, family hospitality package for when Blackburn Rovers and Bristol City visit The Valley, on Saturday 23rd January and Saturday 6th February respectively.

The offer, which caters for two adults and two juniors, is priced at just £150 and provides the ideal hospitality experience in our brand new Vista Restaurant.

What's more, supporters that take up the offer can watch the action from some of the best seats in the house - in the West Stand's padded seating on the halfway line.

The package also includes:
• Two-course meal
• Matchday programmes and teamsheets
• Entertainment throughout the day
• Hostess to support your matchday experience
• Private table
• A visit from a Charlton legend

Other hospitality packages also remain available, from our 10-guest Executive Boxes to our fantastic dining areas.

For more information please call Ravi Patel on 020 8333 4017 or email sales@cafc.co.uk

Am I being cynical or is this another way for Katrien to avoid confrontational fans and instead fill the lower west with kids?

Comments

• Options
    I think these seats are in the upper tier.

• Options
    Ahem Hostess.
  • Options
    Entertainment?
  • Options
    You win nothing with kids,
    Plus the Chaperones don't come cheap.
  • Options
    They cannot do anything right, can they?
  • Options
    Private table? How does this work for season ticket holders? Surely if non season ticket holders pay the same, the value of the match tickets should be offset for the former. Maybe a statement could be issued to explain...
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    What! Haven't you unsubscribed yet @Addickforlife? :wink:
  • Options
    If it is in the padded seats then they are just trying to put enough human shield between the Directors and the rampaging mob!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    seth plum said:

Ahem Hostess.

Trolley surely....
  • Options
    Putting aside the motivation behind the offer. That's a good price.
  • Options
    I received it today. Prompted me to unsubscribe. I don't want to know about any of their propaganda.
  • Options
    Fans going to protest. KM comes up with idea to put kids in the way. Once was careless, second time is foolish.
  • Options

Probably because there are few takers.
  • Options
    I'm pretty certain that anyone taking up this offer would be seated in the Upper West.
  • Options

Fans going to protest. KM comes up with idea to put kids in the way. Once was careless, second time is foolish.

The directors sit immediately behind fans in the Lower West so there is no way there would be seats for younger fans. Presumably you are suggesting they would be human shields?
  • Options

Very good price. Seems a little desperate in my opinion as previous take up has been so poor.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Rob said:

I received it today. Prompted me to unsubscribe. I don't want to know about any of their propaganda.

I did exactly the same
  • Options

These seats are Upper West which has direct access to the Vista Lounge. Even a view of the "directors' box" is unavailable unless you lean over the press balcony.
    I suspect it's all to do with the fact that having refurbed the lounge, it failed to sell in the numbers hoped for and they are desperately thinking of ways to minimise losses.
  • Options
    cafcfan said:

These seats are Upper West which has direct access to the Vista Lounge. Even a view of the "directors' box" is unavailable unless you lean over the press balcony.
    I suspect it's all to do with the fact that having refurbed the lounge, it failed to sell in the numbers hoped for and they are desperately thinking of ways to minimise losses.
    This is what it's about. The take-up won't be significant, IMO, so it's of no importance except as a further illustration that they don't know what they are doing.
  • Options
    The original marketing of the Vista Lounge was pretty poor (that's not a dig due to current circumstances, it was noted by many when it was first promoted back in the summer) and presumably this is the result.
  • Options

cafcfan said:

This is what it's about. The take-up won't be significant, IMO, so it's of no importance except as a further illustration that they don't know what they are doing.
    If only eh Airman....
  • Options
    It's another indicator that any ideas on how to embarrass the owner and km needs to be taken off line, the idea of filling the west and giving them pelters was a great one, but it would be awkward with the children human shield they are trying to form
  • Options

I'm pretty certain that anyone taking up this offer would be seated in the Upper West.

Didn't think there were any padded seats in the UW....definately not in the end 2 blocks at either end (thats where I sit when I go).
  • Options
    I wonder if you can upgrade this to 4 adults at an extra price?

Prolly not. Me and Ian then AFKA you can come as child one, just keep you cap low. Just need another...
  • Options

Didn't think there were any padded seats in the UW....definately not in the end 2 blocks at either end (thats where I sit when I go).
    There are some padded seats in the centre just behind the press area. We used to sit there.
  • Options
    Stig said:

Okay, so is there really much to see here other than what sounds like a very competitively priced deal for a hospitality package? Fine if you don't feel you'd like to take it up at this time, for whatever reason, but I don't think there are any monsters hiding under the bed with this one.

The fan's campaign has gained good traction in the last week, lets not lose sympathy by sounding like crackpots.

Oh, I wouldn't be so sure ;-)

Monsters Inc
    What the fuck is that! thats enough to scare me, let alone children