Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Evening Standard Article

As Airman says, the ES got this interview/statement early and we all know that this is an attempt to convince the media so who has written the comments in their website, the club or the ES? The ES might be trying to manipulate the situation to get a debate going or the club might be continuing to twist things and fog the arguments. Either way the comments are clearly not real. If it is the ES I would expect little more from some journalists, if it is the club I think that I have now reached a totally new level of anger at them.

3 Comments
SubscribeRSS

23 minutes ago
charlton4ever
One of the main complaints of the Charlton angry brigade is that the club’s smart and savvy CEO used the word ‘customers’. Cue dozens of keyboard warriors who never attend games posting abusive comments on web sites, screaming that they are ‘fans’ not ‘customers’. And they are right, of course. A customer is someone who pays money to watch matches. Those who spend their sad Saturday afternoons following the score on the radio may be ‘supporters’; but they have not joined the ranks of ‘customers’. Unsurprisingly , and quite rightly, the club places its customers - and improving their match day experience - first.
ReplyShare0

53 minutes ago
charlton4ever
Very honest and encouraging remarks from Richard Murray which should put an end to the silly and futile protests, which - as the vast majority of Charlton fans recognise - will never work and are merely making matters worse. Only a week into the transfer window and Charlton have already signed three new players and there are more to come, apparently. With other players of proven Championship calibre such as Vetokele returning from injury and the recall from loan of young Harriott, who was superb in his first match back last weekend, Charlton should stay up comfortably. Then, with lessons learnt, the squad can be further strengthened in the summer. There will always be a hardcore xenophobic and misogynist element who will never accept a 'foreign' owner or, heaven help our manly game, a woman running the club; they've made that very clear with some hateful and potentially defamatory vitriol on the fans forums. But if lessons are learnt and the improvements Murray describes in recruitment and other matters are implemented, Charlton are not that far away from achieving great things with a mould-breaking and visionary modus operandi which, if it works, will mean that the whole of English football outside the pampered Premier League will owe CAFC a huge debt of gratitude.
ReplyShare0

3 hours ago
mogodonman
Unfortunately, Mr Murray has failed to address the two areas of most concern to fans - the manager and the CEO. Karel Fraeye was appointed interim manager in October, has a woeful record since than and is not liked or respect. Katrien Meire, the chief executive, has made some PR blunders which have left supporters with no faith in her abilities or what she says. This appears to be a statement aimed at the media and not the thousands of supporters who protested after Saturday's game.
ReplyShare0

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/charlton-finally-admit-mistakes-but-roland-duchatelet-s-determined-to-stay-longterm-a3150691.html

Comments

• Options
    Charlton4ever has got to be Roland hasn't it?

'A mould-breaking and visionary modus operandi'.
  • Options

@PL54 has found a loophole so he can LOL his own posts, by posting on the Evening Standard website and waiting for someone to copy and past here... well organised.

I think you're mistaken - but you could have put it into your first post rather than writing another.
  • Options
    Everyone register and let rip! Lots of non charlton fans will read these comments
  • Options
    "the club’s smart and savvy CEO" Oh dear oh dear oh dear, surely only pinocchio could have written that surely ? Unless it's the thicko from the club shop who was featured at the "fans" meeting ?
  • Options
    There is a member on here called @mogodonman, maybe it's the same guy?
  • Options
    Charlton4ever's statements are utter b*ll*cks. Attempting to claim that the protests are xenophobic are misoygnist are trying to discredit the protests. My bet is that this rubbish comment was from someone at the club.

Just tried to create an Evening Standard account, but their bloody account creation thing is not working or their account sign thing is not working.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Leuth said:

I didn't write any of these, before fingers start pointing

Your posts are nowhere near so sycophantic as those. It's obviously a club set up.
  • Options
    My feelings on the matter are still more lenient than most of yours, but I am wondering htf Fraeye still has the job even if he is a Wilmots placeholder, and why it wasn't brought up today.
  • Options
    Hazard a good guess I know who that is. Sad.
  • Options

Go for it, go on spill the beans. Do you think that it might be a lone wolf or official?
  • Options

Charlton4ever has got to be Roland hasn't it?

'A mould-breaking and visionary modus operandi'.

No normal person uses such phrases, it's more likely to be an educated person, who speaks very good English, but as a second language.

And even the term modus operandi is hardly common outside of police detectives and, ahem, lawyers
  • Options

Go for it, go on spill the beans. Do you think that it might be a lone wolf or official?
    Supporter not club
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Surely not Viewfinder?
  • Options
    What's the betting that Charlton4ever is actually Murray himself?
  • Options
    Gotta be that Palace tool Shat Himself.
  • Options

Nigel Williamson?
  • Options

Way too eloquent for a Nigel.
  • Options

Can I point out that is not this charlton4ever.:)

After supporting the protests at the Forest game you would have to be suffering from a severe case of split personality :wink:
  • Options

Too many fancy words for him, unless he had it ghost written :wink:
  • Options
    Nick Grey? I seem to recall him talking down to everyone else at every opportunity. What's his stance on the protests?