Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Addicks v's Colchester FAC 3rd round - Match thread

Afternoon folks, welcome to another Saturday and another match thread. Its FA cup 3rd day, something every football fan looks forward to, question is do we Addicks fans look forward to it or dread it??
Last Saturdays match thread, had an amazing 75.6k views and nearly a thousand comments thanks to all who contributed, before, during and after the game.

Over the last few days we have recruited 3 extra players, Poyet, Jonno and Williams, will they play today as KF may wish to rest some of the squad.

Sources are saying that the following traveled-:

Hendo, Pope, Sarr, Fox, Lennon, Jonno, Williams, Cuz, Ceballos, Charles-Cook, Lapslie, Moussa, Poyet, Vaz Te, Big Mac, Reza, Igor and Umerah.

My thoughts, for what they are worth, is we could see Pope go in goal, a starting berth for Jonno, Poyet and maybe Ceballos. I think it will be touch and go for Williams, as he is not match fit, but could come on for a run out later on.

As for the full line-up, I'll bring you that as soon as I get it, but today we don't want to be slayed like a giant, so I'm hoping for a narrow win, but should we lose I guess that could be curtains for KF.

Does today kick start our season? Lets bloody hope so!!! COYR's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• Options
    Afternoon Red. I will search out the Colchester United coverage and update from there.
  • Options
    seth plum said:

Afternoon Red. I will search out the Colchester United coverage and update from there.

Thanks mate and good afternoon to you as well
  • Options
    Pope, Charles-Cook, Johnson, Lennon, Fox, Poyet, Cousins, Ceballos, Moussa, Reza, Vaz Te

Henderson, Lapslie, Sarr, Williams, Makienok, Vetokele, Umerah based on the 18 above
  • Options
    sam3110 said:

Pope, Charles-Cook, Johnson, Lennon, Fox, Poyet, Cousins, Ceballos, Moussa, Reza, Vaz Te

Henderson, Lapslie, Sarr, Williams, Makienok, Vetokele, Umerah based on the 18 above

could be, I'm not fully sure who did travel but a good shout @sam3110 if my sources are correct.
  • Options
    sam3110 said:

For confused viewers (like me) this is not the actual team, yet, but might be.
  • Options
    Interesting to see Lapslie in the squad. Could be up against his brother Tom who plays for Colchester.
  • Options
    Team news actual-:
    Pope, Charles-Cook, Johnson, Sarr, Fox, Poyet, Cousins (c), Moussa, Ceballos, Reza, Makienok
  • Options
    Subs-: SUBS | Henderson, Konsa, Lennon, Williams, Vetokele, Vaz Te, Umerah #cafc
  • Options
    got the squad right except Konsa and Lapslie i think
  • Options
    Close but no cigar
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    That team should have enough to beat a struggling League 1 club who have just recently lost one of their best players(Harriott).
  • Options

That team should have enough to beat a struggling League 1 club who have just recently lost one of their best players(Harriott).

Indeed it should
  • Options
    Interesting selection
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    4 2 3 1 with Moussa in the middle of the 3, DP and JC holding I guess.

Igor back on the bench very quickly.

Would be good to see him back and for Konsa and Umerah to make their debuts.
  • Options
    Got us in a two team accy so I certainly hope that team is good enough to beat a struggling League One side but I am not that confident having seen it. Certainly think that Pope, Fox and Sarr will probably spend a lot of their career playing at a lower level than Colchester are now.

• Options
    45 mins till ko...........COYR's
  • Options
    2-1 to charlton.
  • Options
    Team sheet-:
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 2016
    Pleased to see JJ and Solly rested. I like this team, including the youngsters on the bench. I think now is the time to give a couple of them a run out. Hopeful for Ceballos making it through unscathed, and RCC having a decent match at RB.

On top of everything else, it looks daft that for the X match in a row we have a team sheet with "Interim Manager."
  • Options
    Chance to have a look at Moncur
  • Options
    Pope shouldn't play. Why no Harriot?! I fear we're going to lose.
  • Options
    Wonder why no start for Williams? And is Vetokele's injury sorted now?
  • Options
    Team looks a bit iffy to me. But Karel Roly knows best. "I'm confident that the team we put out tomorrow will be the team to beat Colchester."
  • Options
    supaclive said:

Harriott cup tied as we let them play him in the previous round.
  • Options
    supaclive said:

He is cup-tied played for Colchester in last round and scored to beat Millwall
  • Options
    supaclive said:

Harriot is cup tied.
  • Options
    supaclive said:

Played for colchester earlier round..
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!