Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Carol and His Weird and Wonderful Subs

Bearing in mind we have also been managed by Curbs, Parky and Powell, to be easily the worst ever Charlton manager at understanding how to use subs is quite some achievement.

Comments

• Options
    He must just pull the numbers out of a hat. I really don't see any logic in anything he does.

Maybe km is waiting until he knows where all the players should be playing before getting rid of the 'interim' tag!
  • Options
    Do you have to have had the dressing room before it can be said you have lost it?
  • Options
    He's a f@cking clown!
  • Options

He's a f@cking clown!

No, clowns are funny
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    I take more care and am more sensible when playing Football Manager.
  • Options
    mogodon said:

He's a f@cking clown!

No, clowns are funny

Never liked clowns myself, never found them funny.
  • Options
    Chris81 said:

He must just pull the numbers out of a hat. I really don't see any logic in anything he does.

Maybe km is waiting until he knows where all the players should be playing before getting rid of the 'interim' tag!

This worked for him in the Belgian third division ... oh hang on a minute - it didn't did it?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    At least if KF does go today or tomorrow we know KM can interview a lot of candidates really fast and we'll have someone in place by Monday morning :smile:
  • Options
    There are 1800 fans who had to take that down there. Karel ought to apologise to each one individually.

He will though, be full of excuses, or even worse say something like 'this time folks I hold my hand up, I got it wrong'.
    This time.
  • Options
    seth plum said:

There are 1800 fans who had to take that down there. Karel ought to apologise to each one individually.

He will though, be full of excuses, or even worse say something like 'this time folks I hold my hand up, I got it wrong'.
    This time.

It will be more like "It was a game and it had to be played. And the board know and I know. And we played it. We made the decisions we knew had to be made, and we made them, and it was made."
  • Options
    seth plum said:

This time.

Good point... Not once have I heard one of these guys just admit they've got it wrong... Powell used to do it as did Curbs but never these Belgians!!
  • Options
    Can one of the interviewers please ask him what he thinks he's playing at with these subs? I'd love to see an explanation
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    This is Karel's own brand of total football - but he hasn't realised that the Dutch were a class act in the early 70s!
  • Options

This is Karel's own brand of total shite!

Fixed!!
  • Options
    mogodon said:

He's a f@cking clown!

No, clowns are funny
    Clowns ain't funny, they're either crass or downright scary - KF manages to be both
  • Options
    Swapping full backs was my high point.
  • Options
    seth plum said:

This time.

I reckon he will have around 1800 reasons/ excuses for why it did not work out as he pipe dreamed in his little brain, the utter knob.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    HandG said:

Right!

Wtf was that?
  • Options
    You could easily get the impression he hasn't got a clue what he is doing!
  • Options
    mogodon said:

He's a f@cking clown!

No, clowns are funny
    More scary than funny, ask any child
  • Options

HandG said:

Right!

Wtf was that?
    seems to me like it's more of some bizarre coaching excercise, or, worse, able to say players can play in more than one position and bump their asking prices up
  • Options
    he has not got a clue and I honestly believe the players do not have a clue what they are suppose to be doing, the guy switched Regan Cooke around the pitch so much it was laughable.
  • Options
    Watching his teams play is like watching what would happen down goals on a Wednesday night if it was eleven a side
  • Options
    Vaz Te had no idea where he was playing. Charles-Cook was moved 4-5 times. No idea where Reza ended up.

Towards the end it honestly looked like 2-2-2-4

Player mutiny and self organisation would probably help.
  • Options

Vaz Te had no idea where he was playing. Charles-Cook was moved 4-5 times. No idea where Reza ended up.

Spot on and Makinoke playing as a winger was the icing on the cake.
  • Options

That's well spread out. What you complaining about.

• Options
    So who played in central midfield when Jordan came off for Igor? Was it Poyet and Moussa? Was it a 4-1-3-2 with Moussa, Reza, and CC as the three? I don't understand.

Also, how many matches in a row have we had to make a forced substitution due to injuries? I'm not one who thinks that injuries are down to the manager necessarily, but it seems to happen every match for us, particularly in the first half.