Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Varney on BBC Radio London

Comments

• Options
    Well that's the end of any hope then.
  • Options
    All platitudes in the same way that we get them from Murray - he'd be back to us in a shot given the right conditions. Remember, Ebbsfleet currently pay his wages !
  • Options

Sounds like he genuinely cares about what's happening to us. Let's hope he can get the board to leave

fixed it for you
  • Options

To me it sounds like has come under pressure from Ebbslfeet fans and maybe their investment company as to why he was trying to get involved with Charlton again and he wanted to clear up that he was committed to them and not us.

If it was that he would be on bbc Kent, not bbc London. This was so cafc fans and employees would hear.
  • Options
    PV is helping to create something special at Ebbsfleet with Kuwaiti backers and multi million pound investment in the clubs infrastructure and developments in the local area (largest Water Park in Europe). He is sincere in his concern for our club and still attends games at the Valley when he can as a season ticket holder. I'm sure he's as devastated as all of us to see the way the club is being managed by people who haven't a clue how to go about it!
  • Options
    Still cafc at heart just wants to see the best for the club. I know if it was possible for him to bring the new investors in it would have been people who treated the fans properly.I didn't realise when Dad took us as kids what a lengthy up and down journey it would be.
  • Options

To me it sounds like has come under pressure from Ebbslfeet fans and maybe their investment company as to why he was trying to get involved with Charlton again and he wanted to clear up that he was committed to them and not us.

If it was that he would be on bbc Kent, not bbc London. This was so cafc fans and employees would hear.
    It sounded like a Radio Kent interviewer and PV referred to "here" ie Ebbsfleet.
  • Options
    Looks like Radio Kent did it for both them and Radio London - sensible.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    JohnnyH2 said:

After watching the performance, listening to this in the car rounded the day off perfectly.

It's clear these clowns won't sell so instead of getting investing that might have got us back to the Premier League we are heading for league 1 and a total meltdown.

Shows what we had in Varney. Clearly gave the interview to BBC Kent to deal with any concerns Ebsfleeet fans have (as well as putting in the boot to our clowns) and put fears to rest. Our clowns lets issues get totally out of hand and eventually wheel out Murray to give us a load of waffle

Classy touch from Varney for both sets of fans.

In contrast to our own Katrien who has been silent for over a week since the protests.
  • Options
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/35273975

Peter Varney, same as above. Talking about Kuwati owners at Ebbsfleet. Now on main BBC Charlton Athletic page. A good man Peter Varney. Agree with @FolkestoneAddick above, that Peter Varney cares what's happening at Charlton.
  • Options
    Well that is depressing to hear, not that Varney does not want to come back, as that has always been clear and I respect that but it seems from that interview that his investor saving us from the current lot is not going to happen, the chance has been and gone.

Hopefully I am wrong though & Airman will appear with some insider info that they are still interested, as we need that small sliver of hope at this moment.
  • Options
    I still don't fully believe any deal is 100% dead. I appreciate PV has said Charlton are not for sale but is he basing this on any further communication since the email chain?

I might be clutching at straws here but to me I think PV has made the 'not for sale' comments based around the email chain which to be fair to RD he had actually delogated the task of meeting PV to KM which didn't happen in the end.

This might sound daft but KM could have spun RD any old story possibly assisted by RM as to why the meeting didn't take place and with this news now reaching national level here and abroad, who knows maybe RD will pick up on PV's side of events and re-apply pressure on KM to make a meeting with PV happen. After all, didn't RM recently say he would meet with PV himself and report to RD?

A long shot admittedly but I wouldn't 100% rule a deal out yet.
  • Options
    A little whitewash from PV on the last investors he brought to the club.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 2016
    The interviewer gave him a golden opportunity to apologise when he asked Karel if he had anything to say to the fans, all Karel could muster was 'it was bad'.
  • Options
    Too depressing to read I'm afraid.
  • Options
    Just read that Inspector, surely impotent enough to be given a thread of it's own.

Absolutely gut wrenching stuff from PV.
  • Options
    importent
  • Options
    No, worth reading and given the widest airing possible. Varney gave alesson there in football business management that the two cretins in charge are too moronic to heed.
  • Options
    cheers Fanny...have you read it yet? Makes me want to weep.
  • Options
    I would imagine that varney will still be actively looking for potential investors , just that the one spoken about in messages has Got bored of waiting
  • Options

cheers Fanny...have you read it yet? Makes me want to weep.

I'm still getting over yesterday, mistrollingin.

There's only so much one woman can take....

:neutral: