Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Varney on BBC Radio London

Comments

• Options

cheers Fanny...have you read it yet? Makes me want to weep.

I'm still getting over yesterday, mistrollingin.

There's only so much one woman can take....

:neutral:

Can't argue with that Fanny, but if and when you do have a glass of something strong at the ready.
  • Options
    Cawley has said there is no way that RD is selling the club ... Depressing how stubborn and determined he is to ruin us for his own sake
  • Options
    Well said that man PV.
  • Options
    in any major negotiation there is usually posturing by both sides and never rarely means never
  • Options
    If someone offers enough money Roland will sell. He faces covering millions in losses in League One he is a business man and losing money isn't good business! The lack of permanent manager. The make shift signings of Poyet, Johnson and Williams. The lack of head scout, do we have a team doctor now?

Roland is doing the bare minimum. It's very strange behaviour. I am clinging to the hope that all this cost cutting is getting ready to sell the club on.
  • Options
    “As a supporter of 56 years standing, concerned about the future of the club, I tried to provide an option of new investment if that was of interest. I thought that my past history with the club would allow me at minimum a brief audience, and in a quicker time frame than three months. I was wrong and it is clear that the proposed investment put forward through me will not be considered.

“Like many reading this, I am just a supporter at heart. And whatever the outcome of the current fracture between club and fans, at least I will be able to look back in the future and say that I tried.”

How sad these comments are ...... At the very least I thought that as PV states he would be allowed a brief audience........
  • Options
    That's how I read it as CAFC999, certainly don't think it's dead yet! Pleased others read it that way.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The whole situation is just so sad. Varney basically gives a lesson in how the club should be run.
  • Options
    edited January 2016

in any major negotiation there is usually posturing by both sides and never rarely means never

This. When you think about it, PV is not a mug - he quite clearly can see a business opportunity when he sees it placed in front of his face - especially if it is by a (football) moron like Duchatelet.
    To me, why would anyone want to buy us now ? Here we are slipping like a lead mannequin down a greased slide towards L1 - to a place where the value of the club will be significantly less than it is now - and he will be thinking 'i know the people who can get this club to a value which is vastly more than its worth now' - to me, he is (possibly) just jostling for position and maybe even using AB as a conduit to get the fans on his side, and possibly using the fans to do his dirty work for him by forcing RD and KM to a point where (to use AB's words) it is 'untenable' for them - after all, who is going to stomach for long 1000's of people shouting at them every time we play at The Valley.? - and then he conveniently comes in with a 'bid' .
  • Options
    Suggest we share this on Facebook, Twitter and anywhere else possible. A lesson in running a football club from someone who knows.
  • Options

This. When you think about it, PV is not a mug - he quite clearly can see a business opportunity when he sees it placed in front of his face - especially if it is by a moron like Duchatelet.
    To me, why would anyone want to buy us now ? Here we are slipping like a lead mannequin down a greased slide towards L1 - to a place where the value of the club will be significantly less than it is now - and he will be thinking 'i know the people who can get this club to a value which is vastly more than its worth now' - to me, he is (possibly) just jostling for position and maybe even using AB as a conduit to get the fans on his side, and possibly using the fans to do his dirty work for him by forcing RD and KM to a point where (to use AB's words) it is 'untenable' for them - after all, who is going to stomach for long 1000's of people shouting at them every time we play at The Valley.? - and then he conveniently comes in with a 'bid' .
    The initial approach was on August 19th, though.
  • Options
    Makes me angry. Needs a new thread and a sticky, everyone needs to read it.
  • Options
    A depressing read, and of course what he says is bang on the money. But I would not believe for one minute the idea that the deal is "dead", for reasons others have written above. He sold Standard, and stepped down as president from Alcorcon. Furthermore, if you look at the ccs on the email trail in the Voice, and look them up on LinkedIn, they are people in (junior) roles in "Investor relations" for RD companies. That alone shows that he was considering it in some way.
  • Options
    Oh, Pinocchio, if only you would have learned from people like Peter Varney that have actually been successful in your role. Your arrogance whilst presiding over a shambolic mess will be something that you'll look back on with regret in years to come.
  • Options
    To liken PV to a time waster is quite poor form if you ask me
  • Options
    I have just read the interview by PV. I agree that it MAY still be a case the investor is still about, BUT somehow we need to force RD to at least have a conversation with them. As a 'shrewd' businessman which RD is supposed to be, I have never met a man/woman in that position who is not willing to listen to a potential investment proposition or (in this case) an opportunity to cut their losses. We are heading for oblivion under this regime and eventually he will (RD) walk away, but by then we will be in League 2 and worth about a £1. The man is a megalomaniac and KM is his side-kick, its time he at least had the balls to meet us, but the man is a coward in the first degree... and its his cowardice that will kill this great club!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I have just read the interview by PV. I agree that it MAY still be a case the investor is still about, BUT somehow we need to force RD to at least have a conversation with them. As a 'shrewd' businessman which RD is supposed to be, I have never met a man/woman in that position who is not willing to listen to a potential investment proposition or (in this case) an opportunity to cut their losses. We are heading for oblivion under this regime and eventually he will (RD) walk away, but by then we will be in League 2 and worth about a £1. The man is a megalomaniac and KM is his side-kick, its time he at least had the balls to meet us, but the man is a coward in the first degree... and its his cowardice that will kill this great club!!

If it ever got that far, I maybe able to buy the club
  • Options
    Wasn't Chelsea bought for a £1 ?
  • Options
    Mackle said:

Wasn't Chelsea bought for a £1 ?

Yes, but Bates took over the debts too.
  • Options
    Just a few years ago, Charlton was sold for £2
  • Options
    IA said:

Just a few years ago, Charlton was sold for £2

Robbed!
  • Options

Maybe very wrong but I read that as "the money man is still there Roland if you want to sell and since the team is doing so badly that might be a good idea. And, Charlton fans, if the sale doesn't go thru you all know who I blame for blocking the deal".

This might run for a while yet.

Make you right on that Henry. After all, he's already got his digs in via VOTV, to continue in the media suggests this is ongoing, otherwise why bother?

• Options

A depressing read, and of course what he says is bang on the money. But I would not believe for one minute the idea that the deal is "dead", for reasons others have written above. He sold Standard, and stepped down as president from Alcorcon. Furthermore, if you look at the ccs on the email trail in the Voice, and look them up on LinkedIn, they are people in (junior) roles in "Investor relations" for RD companies. That alone shows that he was considering it in some way.

It's little pieces of optimism from someone who knows more than I do that keeps me going in these worrying times.

Keep 'em coming, PA , please !

• Options

cheers Fanny...have you read it yet? Makes me want to weep.

I'm still getting over yesterday, mistrollingin.

There's only so much one woman can take....

:neutral:

That's what his last date said...
  • Options
    mascot88 said:

Hold on in there people... now is time for resolve...

"that comes later"