Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Laundry Basket

Comments

• Options
    Was out yesterday with some friends telling the 2 lads about the going on's at CAFC gave them the best laugh they had all day....what a bloody shambles and laughing stock we have become.
  • Options
    I can't imagine they did leave easily through the main entrance otherwise evidence would have been seen via video or photo. There was well over 1000 fans protesting when i left around 6pm, they wouldn't of cleared out that quick unless the police intervened
  • Options

Redchaser, they Reckon we all have a doppelganger somewhere in the world ?

I found out mine lives in Munich, and supports Bayern,
    Has a big Brieftasche and has a beautiful young Fraulein on his arm.

The German word that is being used in relation to CAFC is Schadenfreude;
    And that is no laughing matter !

PS. Say hello if you see me at Hull, I will be dressed as a Zebra and standing on a soapbox.

That's true. Sod's law my doppelgänger gets the gig selling Nesspresso machines.
  • Options

Redchaser, they Reckon we all have a doppelganger somewhere in the world ?

I found out mine lives in Munich, and supports Bayern,
    Has a big Brieftasche and has a beautiful young Fraulein on his arm.

The German word that is being used in relation to CAFC is Schadenfreude;
    And that is no laughing matter !

PS. Say hello if you see me at Hull, I will be dressed as a Zebra and standing on a soapbox.

That shouldn't be too hard to spot you then amongst a handful of us, I'll bring some sugar lumps :wink:
  • Options
    I can see a fancy dress protest at an upcoming game with a laundry basket theme. That could be another media spinner.
  • Options
    Perhaps we could wear pants on our heads :-)
  • Options
    3blokes said:

Perhaps we could wear pants on our heads :-)

I like this with some decent thick rimmed black Hank Marvin (Shaddows lead guitarist for the younger lifers ) glasses over the top :wink:
  • Options
    Fumbluff said:

What are zees flashing knobs I see before me??

Hopefully they don't interfere with a dicky ticker... ;-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I think KF did take the minibus home, that's believable, but hiding in a laundry basket? That's just childish and obviously a story made up
  • Options
    edited January 2016

As truth seems of little importance to them; "You're going home in a laundry basket" seems like a fair chant.

Thank you, I've got the royalties on that by the way :wink:
    http://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/comment/2359910#Comment_2359910
  • Options
    I can imagine KM and KF making a hurried, and hopefully in their minds, an anonymous exit via a side door onto a minibus, but in a laundry basket? Come off it, it's the stuff of fantasy,and wilful fantasy at that.
    People want to believe it because it lends further weight to the hope that KM is rattled, will crumble under the pressure and resign; it's what a lot of us want, but it is wishful thinking at this point and no more.

The same is true of the Varney's emails and a potential buyer in KAH Sports Ltd which we have since discovered was not the case. Varney must take some responsibility here, his opening gambit in his introductory email was creatively ambiguous to say the least and it was not unreasonable to assume that KAH Sports Ltd were the potential investors and RD might be willing to sell.They weren't and he wasn't, no matter how much we wanted it to be the case.

No matter how much we dislike it, at the present time, this is what is:

RD owns the club and has no intention of selling

KM is his CEO and has no intention of quitting

KF is the manager and fuck knows what his intentions might be

We have an understrength squad in the relegation zone

So what to do?

Keep protesting, we cannot allow the momentum to tail off; boycott catering etc, a blessing in disguise; The Trust to keep grinding away at KM's indifference; support the team; in effect, more of the same.

I said some time ago that in an age of entitlement and importunateness, we need patience by the lorry-load.There is no boil-in- the- bag solution to this mess.It will take time.

• Options
    Of course the basket stuff was made up. It is called a joke. But Miere or Fraeye were sufficiently vexed by it it seems to get there staff to tweet denials on their Saturday evening off. So the joke will continue. Miere hid in the dirty kit.
  • Options

I never assumed the buyer was KEH, in fact I said on here it was most likely not them. Varney and VOTV never said it was them either.

Doesn't mean there wasn't a real buyer waiting.

The laundry basket is untrue but still funny as a chant.

I didn't say you, VOTV or Varney assumed that KEH was the buyer. What I did say was that Varney was creatively ambiguous in his initial email and it was understandable why it could be construed that KAH were the potential investors.

Neither did I say that there wasn't a real buyer waiting, just that it wasn't KAH.

• Options
    edited January 2016
    Redskin said:

I never assumed the buyer was KEH, in fact I said on here it was most likely not them. Varney and VOTV never said it was them either.

Doesn't mean there wasn't a real buyer waiting.

The laundry basket is untrue but still funny as a chant.

I didn't say you, VOTV or Varney assumed that KEH was the buyer. What I did say was that Varney was creatively ambiguous in his initial email and it was understandable why it could be construed that KAH were the potential investors.

Neither did I say that there wasn't a real buyer waiting, just that it wasn't KAH.

I think the point of that is to show that Varney was and is a credible person - contrary to the advice they receive from Richard Murray.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    RedChaser said:

As truth seems of little importance to them; "You're going home in a laundry basket" seems like a fair chant.

Thank you, I've got the royalties on that by the way :wink:
    http://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/comment/2359910#Comment_2359910
    Haha! Of course. I'm confident the money you raise will go towards future protests.
  • Options
    Redskin said:

Varney must take some responsibility here, his opening gambit in his introductory email was creatively ambiguous to say the least ...

That's nonsense. It's normal business practice not to put all your cards on the table at the first opportunity.
  • Options
    Chunes said:

As has been pointed out on other threads, there's a video of KF signing autographs outside the ground after the game, not appearing in any rush to dive into a laundry basket.

Why our fans were asking for his autograph, I'll never understand.

I'm hoping one of them is doing the "get Karel to unwittingly sign a resignation letter" trick.
  • Options
    Perhaps KM and KF travelled back in the minibus alone so KM can tell him he has lost his job and packup over the weekend, without anyone except the driver being around. You can but hope, if so, let us hope RD and KM travel somewhere in a minibus
  • Options
    mogodon said:

Seems to be conflicting accounts of what happened post match with some saying it was an orderly retreat by Fraeye and the fragrant Ms Meire, others that they completed an evacuation via the kit van more befitting the last days of a tin-pot dictatorship. Clubs employees have gone onto social media to call the BBC reporter who first published the claim a "liar" (rather apt given Meire's reputation) so does anyone actually know what did happen? Suspect the laundry basket will feature in future protests regardless ...

It is the last days of a tinpot dictatorship.
  • Options
    Never let the facts get in the way of a good story!
  • Options
    I suspect Fraeye jumped in the laundry basket after the game - there are of course a couple of holes in the base for his legs & he ran, Scooby Doo style round the corridors - stopping still if anyone came near & then very slowly raising his head with basket lid style hat to peep around before scuttling on again.
  • Options
    seth plum said:

The next protest should definitely include a large laundry basket passed over the heads of the crowd, with images of Katrien, Karel, Roland and Richard that appear when the lid is opened. even more than one laundry basket, it will make good visuals, and certainly attract the attention of the media, and stick in the minds of many.

Brilliant idea.

And I agree, it's a fantastic metaphor for our ownership.
  • Options
    Mackle said:

seth plum said:

The next protest should definitely include a large laundry basket passed over the heads of the crowd, with images of Katrien, Karel, Roland and Richard that appear when the lid is opened. even more than one laundry basket, it will make good visuals, and certainly attract the attention of the media, and stick in the minds of many.

Brilliant idea.

And I agree, it's a fantastic metaphor for our ownership.
    One big basket with rolly polly holding strings of Pinocchio, dick head Murray and the clown.