Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Hope Powell

2»

Comments

• Options
    shirty5 said:

This needs to be Members only. Don't want the CEO getting more strange ideas whilst eating her waffles.

Shouldn't that be "Don't want the CEO getting more strange ideas whilst waffling"?
  • Options
    The English women's team had one of the biggest budgets in international football and she failed whilst playing turgid football. Why would she succeed in men's football with a team with little investment?
  • Options

SDAddick said:

So I'm trying to work on a proposal I really hate, for a company I currently for for and loathe, but which I will hopefully resign from next week.

So, thought I'd start something on here that might be controversial. How would you feel if Hope Powell was appointed now? British manager. Done it at international level. The women's game is certainly different, but I don't think it's quite as different as is sometimes portrayed.

Go on then have at it (or tell me to get F*cked, don't really care, I've entertained myself for ten minutes).

There is no way 80 per cent of women footballers (outside of perhaps the top international sides) would get anywhere near the mens pro leagues nor most semi pro leagues. It may aas well be a different sport.

Should the manager of the England blind team get a look in because they've managed at international level? No.

People should be given opportunity of course and never discriminated against but should be given opportunity on merit first and foremost.

That's why our recent managerial appointments are so infuriating.
    Hmm...
  • Options
    That's Dame Hope Powell please...
  • Options
    Seriously tho, we'd never get DHP - who's managing VW Hamme Ladies?
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    rikofold said:

SDAddick said:

So I'm trying to work on a proposal I really hate, for a company I currently for for and loathe, but which I will hopefully resign from next week.

So, thought I'd start something on here that might be controversial. How would you feel if Hope Powell was appointed now? British manager. Done it at international level. The women's game is certainly different, but I don't think it's quite as different as is sometimes portrayed.

Go on then have at it (or tell me to get F*cked, don't really care, I've entertained myself for ten minutes).

There is no way 80 per cent of women footballers (outside of perhaps the top international sides) would get anywhere near the mens pro leagues nor most semi pro leagues. It may aas well be a different sport.

Should the manager of the England blind team get a look in because they've managed at international level? No.

People should be given opportunity of course and never discriminated against but should be given opportunity on merit first and foremost.

Hmm...
    What does that mean?

I'm reading a book about blind football and a bloke who lost his sight and went on to run for England. The opening post stated she has international experience. ..my point was that it's all relative and that the manager of the blind England national side has England international football experience but in no way is that relevant to being suitable or qualified to manage in the mens professional second tier.

Is there something controversial in what I posted?

• Options
    Don't give KM silly ideas!
  • Options

rikofold said:

SDAddick said:

Hmm...
    What does that mean?

I'm reading a book about blind football and a bloke who lost his sight and went on to run for England. The opening post stated she has international experience. ..my point was that it's all relative and that the manager of the blind England national side has England international football experience but in no way is that relevant to being suitable or qualified to manage in the mens professional second tier.

Just the idea of giving a blind person a look in amused me briefly. I got the point.
  • Options
    rikofold said:

rikofold said:

SDAddick said:

Hmm...
    What does that mean?

Just the idea of giving a blind person a look in amused me briefly. I got the point.
    Doh! Genuine error. Well spotted though ha ha.
  • Options
    100% NO, can we, could we get any frigging lower??.........I'm not being sexist but PLEASE!!!!................Although if she knows how to take a lid off a bottle she might come in handy in one of the bars! :wink:
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    If we did, we'd have 2 Hopes, no hope and Hope Powell

• Options
    Hope Powell gets a job soon.
  • Options

100% NO, can we, could we get any frigging lower??.........I'm not being sexist but PLEASE!!!!................Although if she knows how to take a lid off a bottle she might come in handy in one of the bars! :wink:

oooooh .. if Bruvver Jeremy and Sista Diane were in power you'd get six months educational detention for that offensive jibe .. you sexist lapdog ((:>)
  • Options
    Bad enough having a female CEO...

Seriously though, all I don't care what their gender is, just as long as they have some experience in this division!
  • Options

SDAddick said:

80% ? I honestly don't think a single female footballer could play for a professional men's team. That's not to disparage the women's game, it's developing on its own path at an incredible rate and there were some good games at the recent World Cup and Olympics, but the difference in physicality is just too far a bridge to cross.
  • Options
    se9addick said:

SDAddick said:

80% ? I honestly don't think a single female footballer could play for a professional men's team. That's not to disparage the women's game, it's developing on its own path at an incredible rate and there were some good games at the recent World Cup and Olympics, but the difference in physicality is just too far a bridge to cross.
    The top female player wouldn't cut it in the Kent County Prem.
  • Options

se9addick said:

SDAddick said:

Although neither could Nabby Sarr I suppose !
  • Options
    If anyone suggests a woman manager to Meire, she'll have installed herself into the job within minutes. The press conferences could be brief though
  • Options
    Nothing would surprise me, she likes having women around her it seems!
  • Options

se9addick said:

SDAddick said:

Fleet Badgers
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    se9addick said:

SDAddick said:

The day may come when a amazon could play as a professional in the mens' league but that day is not here yet. so could be 100%

I will give an example of one of the best under 10 footballers i have seen ?

A young girl who was playing for a boys' team in the Tandridge league(covering the borders of Kent,Surrey,Sussex and South London. Her 1st touch was sublime and Her movement with and with out the ball was so intelligent and effective.
    5 of that team went on to train with pro teams ,but all the boys were released by the time they were 14.
    By the time she was 10 and a half, she was at Arsenal ladies academy, got a sports scholarships to a American Uni and after playing in Womens football in the states (Very competitive) and suffering a ACL. Now having got her fitness back she has at last got her move to the English Womens premier league.
    Signing for Reading at 22. Good luck Amber.

Men and women on the same field with fierce tackles and flying elbows ?

That's just the females players !
  • Options
    edited January 2016

Nothing would surprise me, she likes having women around her it seems!

That's about the only good thing she's got going for her.

Actually scrap that, she's an incompetent arsehole.