Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

97 tickets sold...

2»

Comments

• Options
    bc_addick said:

I am going and paying on the gate. Long way from Portsmouth but there ya go.

Hero or barmy? you decide
  • Options

I'm going but it's only 25mins from door to ground. Despite that I'm still considering it a super-human effort. The away facilities are shit and it is an absolute freezer. Nevertheless, I believe in miracles and although 'Hudders' are now playing attacking and attractive football they don't always take their chances. Hopefully we the centurion force that will be braving it out tomorrow night can shout long and loud and inspire them to a 1-0 steal.

When we won there 1-0 (Harriott scored really early) its the coldest i've ever been.
  • Options

I don't believe Huddersfield do much of a matchday experience so no wonder its so low

We don't do much of a matchday experience either - we generally get beat without creating too much!
  • Options

I'm going but it's only 25mins from door to ground. Despite that I'm still considering it a super-human effort. The away facilities are shit and it is an absolute freezer. Nevertheless, I believe in miracles and although 'Hudders' are now playing attacking and attractive football they don't always take their chances. Hopefully we the centurion force that will be braving it out tomorrow night can shout long and loud and inspire them to a 1-0 steal.

When we won there 1-0 (Harriott scored really early) its the coldest i've ever been.
    December 1999 when Robinson scored the screamer, I reckon that tops it, never felt cold like that in my life
  • Options
    Phoned up for our Hull tickets just now and apparently they're still at under 100 for Hudders.
  • Options
    Have meetings in Bradford on Tuesday and Wednesday so will be going to the game. Paying on the gate, think there will be room!
  • Options
    Yessssssss!!

bc-addick is coming tomorrow !

We can ALL huddle under his overcoat !

:wink:
  • Options
    Nothing but admiration for those making the trip. You may be small in number but get behind the side and give Meire hell.
  • Options
    mogodon said:

Nothing but admiration for those making the trip. You may be small in number but get behind the side and give Meire hell.

The acoustics should be good in our end.........empty vessels make the most noise, apparently :smiley: .
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    When tickets twitter give away sales figures that does not usually include comps. There are usually about 50 of those I think so the figure we will see printed in the programme should be around the 150 mark. But if tickets are available on the night on the gate... But whatever it won't be very many.
  • Options

se9addick said:

Going to Hull, not going to Huddersfiled. Are they running a coach to Hudders ? Would they normally ?

That away stand at the McAlpine (or whatever it's called now) is cold at the best of times, will be absolutely freezing tomorrow night with hardly a soul in sight.

Rubbish , se9 !

We'll all huddle together.

I live in a city where its is regularly -40°C and colder with wind chill and the coldest I felt in the whole of 2013 was in the away end at Huddersfield on 9th March. #justsaying
  • Options
    Unless you are Seb or live within 5 miles of the ground I just can't understand why anyone would go. That said, good luck to those who do, hopefully a rare away win!
  • Options

se9addick said:

Going to Hull, not going to Huddersfiled. Are they running a coach to Hudders ? Would they normally ?

That away stand at the McAlpine (or whatever it's called now) is cold at the best of times, will be absolutely freezing tomorrow night with hardly a soul in sight.

Rubbish , se9 !

I live in a city where its is regularly -40°C and colder with wind chill and the coldest I felt in the whole of 2013 was in the away end at Huddersfield on 9th March. #justsaying
    -40c ? Have you been Exiled to Neptune ?
  • Options
    se9addick said:

se9addick said:

Rubbish , se9 !

-40c ? Have you been Exiled to Neptune ?
    It could be worse... it could be -40°F.
  • Options

se9addick said:

Rubbish , se9 !

Exiled where are you based?

It's -11 here in collingwood but tbh can easily be shrugged off long as your wearing couple of layers and gloves. Gloves are important

I enjoy plowing my giant heated boots through thick snow that feels like a bottomless pit.
  • Options
    Exiled is in Edmonton, I can corroborate his story - I was up there once and it was -40ish, the place I was working at had a walk in blast freezer and you noticed how much warmer it was inside the freezer compared to outside....you get used to it, was around -10 here today and it was very pleasant.
  • Options

http://www.fsf.org.uk/latest-news/view/wigan-athletictop-table-for-the-best-away-day
  • Options
    Oakster said:

Exiled is in Edmonton, I can corroborate his story - I was up there once and it was -40ish, the place I was working at had a walk in blast freezer and you noticed how much warmer it was inside the freezer compared to outside....you get used to it, was around -10 here today and it was very pleasant.

Where you based oak? I need to know the charlton fans scattered about.

I swear edmontons in Ontario? A lot more north though I assume?

Forgive my geography
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Oakster said:

I work down the road in Tottenham, amazing the difference in temperature a couple of miles away.
    You've won the internet with that.
  • Options
    Was planning on going to this as I'm not too far away. Completely forgot we were playing. That's my level of apathy right now.
  • Options
    Just read through the official Tweets. So our first half onslaught has consisted of Jackson passing forward to an offside Harriot and a corner which led to a scramble.

Fraeye has got us going. Knew he'd come good.
  • Options
    It's got to be a joke. It's almost like they're waiting for him to win a few so they can say "told you so"
  • Options
    I'm impressed!
  • Options
    At the 97 attendees, not the Charlton team performance, I hasten to add.
  • Options
    Sitting in my comfy seat at home in Orpington, all I can think of is the poor 100 lost souls who are making a long, depressing journey back to the South. You guys will, hopefully, be able to say that who witnessed the very end of Karel Fraye. I hope he got the stick he deserved. Anyone with a conscience would walk. He will have to be pushed. Gutless, spineless parasite.
  • Options
    Deserve so much better them lot
  • Options
    I
    Dave2l said:

Oakster said:

Where you based oak? I need to know the charlton fans scattered about.

I swear edmontons in Ontario? A lot more north though I assume?

Forgive my geography
    Edmonton is in Alberta, so a bit further north, but a lot further west!

Oaky is down in Canmore. A bit South of me but up in the mountains.

How you finding Ontario Dave, settled in a bit more now? You do get used to the cold, if it's sunny and not windy even minus 25 can actually be quit pleasant for a dog walk or something, as long as you wrap up. Any kind of breeze though and that's when you feel it.

It is weird though being outside, knowing the chicken in your freezer is warmer than you.