Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Under 21 today 11/01/16

edited January 2016 in General Charlton
Charlton’s U21s can make it nine wins in a row when they travel to Ipswich Town in Professional Development League 2 South this afternoon (1pm).

The Addicks, unbeaten since the end of September, are top of the league and hold a seven-point advantage over second-placed Millwall, while Ipswich are currently bottom.

Read more at http://www.cafc.co.uk/news/article/charlton-athletic-u21s-ipswich-town-preview-2894529.aspx#p5kBb8yS28chP4gV.99

Comments

• Options
    Be a good statement to see who makes a run out tomorrow... i.e. Wouldn't expect to see either Vetokele or Ceballos if they played on Saturday and have hopes of making the team against Huddersfield.

Unless anyone else wants to I'll provide any updates that come through from Twitter?
  • Options
    Dump Makienok in with them for a game... he'll do well at that level.
  • Options
    CHARLTON U21S | Mitov, Barnes, Yao, Staunton, Thomas, Dijksteel, Kelly, Aribo, Ahearne-Grant, Hanlan, Kennedy #cafc

CHARLTON U21S SUBS | Prall, Konsa, Assiana, Bone, Lapslie #cafc
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    All under 21 players, no first team. No clue of team for tomorrow, except KAG not in tomorrow's squad I assume
  • Options
    ross1 said:

All under 21 players, no first team. No clue of team for tomorrow

Interesting that Konsa and Lapslie have returned home whilst there is no sign of Umerah who must have gone up to Huddersfield
  • Options

ross1 said:

All under 21 players, no first team. No clue of team for tomorrow

Interesting that Konsa and Lapslie have returned home whilst there is no sign of Umerah who must have gone up to Huddersfield
    Well Saturday's squad was missing Solly, Jackson, THD and JBG who will all return I presume, with maybe Diarra. Umerah seems to have overtaken KAG in the pecking order
  • Options
    Same with Kennedy though, he seems to have pissed in Fraeyes coffee!!... I know they're not on big wages but surely its better sending these kids on loan rather than worrying about our unbeaten record in the U21s

Is almost like the owners are afraid that'll stop so dont want to send the kids out on loan in case we turn on them because our kids arent winning either
  • Options
    Tom Huddlestone is the only player I can recall that can hit a ball as powerfully as Umerah. Like a wrecking ball.
  • Options
    Ipswich Town FC ‏@Official_ITFC 25m25 minutes ago
    Here's the #itfc U21 side to face Charlton, with trialists Kevin Foley and Brady Hickey starting for Town

• Options

Here's the #itfc U21 side to face Charlton, with trialists Kevin Foley and Brady Hickey starting for Town

Some cracking misspelling of names!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Who is Anfernee Djickstill? Is that an anagram? Not heard his name mentioned before?
  • Options
    Some shocking spelling mistakes all over that team sheet!!
  • Options
    Dicksteel!
  • Options
    Dijkisteel is a midfielder who was on trial last season, he also played for the U21s this season.
  • Options
    Seven spelling mistakes in that team sheet, shocking.
  • Options
    dickplumb said:

Dijkisteel is a midfielder who was on trial last season, he also played for the U21s this season.

Thank you.
  • Options
    Who bumped a year old thread? Are we still in 2015?
  • Options
    Almost as bad as someone at work, called Angus, getting an invoice through addressed to "Anus"...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Charlton Athletic FC ‏@CAFCofficial 4m4 minutes ago
    HALF TIME | It's goalless after 45 minutes in Suffolk. @Official_ITFC U21s 0 @CAFCofficial U21s 0 #cafc
  • Options
    Am I right in thinking Sam bone is 16 years old but in u21 squad?

Also is Umerah as good as some are saying, I saw him as a front 3 in youth cup final and he looked decent but no worse or better than hanlan?
  • Options

50' GOALLLL! Brandon Hanlan finishes a cross from Karlan Ahearne-Grant to give the Addicks the lead #cafc

— Charlton Athletic FC (@CAFCofficial) January 11, 2016
  • Options

51' Goal. Ipswich quickly level things up. We're all square at 1-1 now #cafc

— Charlton Athletic FC (@CAFCofficial) January 11, 2016
  • Options
    edited January 2016

I got a bit excited and though Powell

Some cracking misspelling of names!
    I got all excited and thought that , Riga?, Peeters?, Matthew/Roberts?, Luzon?, Fraeye?, Riga?, shit random?, Riga?, Peeters?, shit random?, Luzon? bloke from the local Bingo Hall?, Riga....anyway not sure who, had signed a load of new players.

• Options
    Charlton Athletic FC ‏@CAFCofficial 4m4 minutes ago
    60' Red card! Dimitar Mitov has been shown a straight red for bringing down an Ipswich forward on the edge of the box. #cafc
  • Options
    Hanlan & Umerah both big and strong but neither great with their back to goal. Josh shades in this area for me. I'd like to see him take a fk 35 yards out.
  • Options
    Charlton Athletic FC ‏@CAFCofficial 1m1 minute ago
    85' Goal. Ipswich take the lead against the 10-man Addicks, who have five minutes to try and haul themselves level #cafc
  • Options
    Charlton Athletic FC ‏@CAFCofficial 40s40 seconds ago
    90+1' GOOOOAALLLLL! The U21s have equalised! @MikhailKennedy with the vital leveller! #cafc
  • Options
    Charlton Athletic FC ‏@CAFCofficial 22s22 seconds ago
    FULL TIME | Ipswich U21s 2 Charlton U21s 2. @MikhailKennedy's late equaliser ensures that the Addicks remain unbeaten since September! #cafc