Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

JERUSALEM COMETH .. Possibly

Comments

• Options
    Jerusalem is great at rugby games, so gets my vote, plus William Blake is very cool indeed.
    My Mystic aunt says that Jerusalem is the spiritual name of our planet...not 'Earth' which is like calling our planet mud.
  • Options
    Not necessarily a 'National' ANthem but 'Abide with me' always send shivers down my spine when sung at Wembley.
  • Options
    iainment said:

iainment said:

smiffyboy said:

It might make the football team play with more pride and passion by stirring the inner emotions and firing them up instead of the normal can't be bothered attitude most of them have and don't sing GSTQ

Do you really think singing a song before a game makes tuppence of difference? If it did all pro clubs would do it. It doesn't so they don't.
    Have you ever seen the Rugby boys singing the anthems?
    That worked well in the World Cup didn't it?
    It did in 2003.
  • Options
    RRR
  • Options

Not necessarily a 'National' ANthem but 'Abide with me' always send shivers down my spine when sung at Wembley.

same with me .. and .. You'll Never Walk Alone amongst a few others, the French, Welsh, American anthems .. but You'll Never .. etc. was written by an American .. I want something 100% ENGLISH ((:>)
  • Options
    Jerusalem for me. Much more inspiring then GSTQ. Can't really see how the political situation in Jerusalem today should effect whether we sing it or not.
  • Options
    The new Meire chant ...
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    If it's a hymn you're a wanting then I give you 'I vow to thee my country'.
  • Options
    We should go for Land of Hope and Glory - it needn’t be a dirge.

Whilst others nations stand tall and proud, England teams could adopt the strange bobbing up and down action ala the Last Night of the Proms. As the anthem advances team members could let off party poppers, blow whistles, sound klaxons and play along with swanee whistle and kazoo.
  • Options

We should go for Land of Hope and Glory - it needn’t be a dirge.

Whilst others nations stand tall and proud, England teams could adopt the strange bobbing up and down action ala the Last Night of the Proms. As the anthem advances team members could let off party poppers, blow whistles, sound klaxons and play along with swanee whistle and kazoo.

now you're talking ((:>)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Rule Britannia - if you ever see this at the proms, you'll know why.
  • Options
    Although I really like God Save The Queen personally.
  • Options
    rikofold said:

Rule Britannia - if you ever see this at the proms, you'll know why.

good call ... BUT .. it's about Britain and not just England .. still a right good stirring song though
  • Options
    bobmunro said:

zzzzz
  • Options
    theme tune to fools and horses
  • Options
    I love Jerusalem the song

It's about making a Eutopia and sends shivers down my spine everytime I hear it
  • Options

bobmunro said:

zzzzz
    How does that go?
  • Options
    Fuck off, leave God Save The Queen alone, stand up and sing it whenever it is played.
  • Options
    It would be racist for England to have its own anthem,its only allowed for every other nation.
  • Options
    Anything is better than God Save the Queen.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I always find it strange that Scotland, Wales and Ireland have their own national anthyms. Keep God Save the queen for great Britain by all means, but we do need our own. Jerusalem would get my vote - I think it is suitably moving.
  • Options

Fuck off, leave God Save The Queen alone, stand up and sing it whenever it is played.

keep GSTQ for great britain, but for england it will always be and should have always been jerusalem.
  • Options
    Made the hairs stand on my neck that evening.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yr__-KqnfQM&sns=em

I love Jerusalem - will have it at my funeral but 80,000 Eng fans can't even manage to sing En-ger-land, Eng-ger-land, Eng-ger-land these days let alone learn the words and the be patriotic enough to sing Jerusalem.
  • Options
    So we replace monarchist sycophancy with religious drivel. How modern it all is.
  • Options

iainment said:

smiffyboy said:

It might make the football team play with more pride and passion by stirring the inner emotions and firing them up instead of the normal can't be bothered attitude most of them have and don't sing GSTQ

Do you really think singing a song before a game makes tuppence of difference? If it did all pro clubs would do it. It doesn't so they don't.
    Have you ever seen the Rugby boys singing the anthems?
    The first time I heard the Welsh sing Hen Wlad fy Nhadau was before Wales -v- England at the old Arms Park on a black & white mono tv in the 60s and I thought in my childish way, something along the lines of what the hell is that? That song trumps everything, even without a drop of Welsh blood in your veins, even when you're English and the "fierce foeman" of the song. The meaning of the lyrics is beautiful and it makes the Marseillaise sound like a pub ditty.
    They only started singing that to drown out the Haka when they played them in 1905. That's when this national anthem craze kicked off. Before then, no-one had ever thought of it.
  • Options
    There is some debate as to the meaning of Jerusalem. Which is good as it speaks to more people that way.
  • Options
    I'm not all that patriotic.They can run out to Marc Almond's Sex Dwarf for all I care.
  • Options
    This. End of chat. Locked on.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-GvkyKEYRnM
  • Options
    The England cricket team enters the field on day 1 of a test (when on home soil) to Jeruselem, since 2003.

Personally I think it works better, seems very rousing.