Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Football for a Fiver

Comments

• tajaddick said:

You do have to pay had this with my 1 year old daughter last year.

There have been a couple of banners in the Charlton area for a few months that simply read - "KIDS GO FREE - CAFC.CO.UK". Of course, they don't, and they never have done. Probably from the same genius behind those Facebook ads and those weird family zone banners in the car park.
  • One reason football for a fiver worked so well was the input from season ticket holders and other regular attenders.

Creating the twitter frenzy, putting up posters, posting leaflets, word of mouth advertising, etc

Doubt so many will be so keen to support it this time around. A bit like Tony Cahones and his disaster of a marketing campaign for half season tickets. Target was 500, Tony sold 9.

Another reason why you shouldn't dismiss your most loyal customers as "weird" or think that they "only" contribute 1/3 of the club's income.

But she was taken out of context, made some mistakes, going to communicate more blah blah blah

This will never cease to amuse me. Who the hell bought them? Were they all ill-judged Christmas presents? Will the people turn up? Did Tony buy one to bump it up to 9? So many questions, so much incompetence.

Just another example, of many, demonstrating how well the regime is working out....
  • One reason football for a fiver worked so well was the input from season ticket holders and other regular attenders.

Creating the twitter frenzy, putting up posters, posting leaflets, word of mouth advertising, etc

Doubt so many will be so keen to support it this time around. A bit like Tony Cahones and his disaster of a marketing campaign for half season tickets. Target was 500, Tony sold 9.

Another reason why you shouldn't dismiss your most loyal customers as "weird" or think that they "only" contribute 1/3 of the club's income.

But she was taken out of context, made some mistakes, going to communicate more blah blah blah

This will never cease to amuse me. Who the hell bought them? Were they all ill-judged Christmas presents? Will the people turn up? Did Tony buy one to bump it up to 9? So many questions, so much incompetence.
    I might be wrong and they sold more in a late rush. 12 or even 15 maybe
  • They claimed 109 on the OS. Couldn't help wondering if they foisted 100 on some poor unsuspecting sponsor or the community trust.
  • They claimed 109 on the OS. Couldn't help wondering if they foisted 100 on some poor unsuspecting sponsor or the community trust.

A nice round 100 on top of the alleged 9; could well be sponsers.

What was their target again?
  • LuckyReds said:

They claimed 109 on the OS. Couldn't help wondering if they foisted 100 on some poor unsuspecting sponsor or the community trust.

A nice round 100 on top of the alleged 9; could well be sponsers.

What was their target again?
    Or, perish the thought as it is so unlike the club at the moment, it might not be entirely true?
  • Can't help but think we have missed/are missing a trick here.
    We have 3000 non attending s/t holders who, I'm taking a wild guess, a large percentage are not attending because of the current regime.
    Now if there was a place that non attenders could 'advertise' their tickets availability to those seeking to go to the match, the monies wouldn't go into the club.
    That's potentially £15k that could be diverted away from the club and dare I suggest into the protest fund.
    Worth thinking about?
  • edited January 2016
    who are the loonies who bought a half season ST !
    We have 3000 non attending s/t holders who, I'm taking a wild guess, a large percentage are not attending because of the current regime.
    Now if there was a place that non attenders could 'advertise' their tickets availability to those seeking to go to the match, the monies wouldn't go into the club.
    That's potentially £15k that could be diverted away from the club and dare I suggest into the protest fund.
    Worth thinking about?

This
  • Sponsored links:

• agree with @paulbaconsarnie clubs some clubs do official ticket exchange site where its an incentive for fans to use it as i think they get money off next seasons season ticket or something, but if we could set one up, would definately use it, people could sell there season ticket only issue you have is you have to trust someone with your st and make sure they dont act up in your seat, only thing is surely if your using someone elses season ticket its fraudulent so the club could take it off you but i dont know how they would catch you with it, wouldnt put anything past this lot.
  • addick05 said:

I can imagine all those who will only come 'cos it's a fiver... they will probably not have a clue about what's been going on so just don't expect the guy sitting next to you - who you have never seen before - to "Stand up if you want them out" rings round The Valley!

The Reading match could be a fantastic CARD recruitment opportunity.
    Especially if we get thumped 3-0!! Next season in Div 1 it will be 'Football for 50p' day!

Worth thinking about?

Great shout!
  • Brought 6 tickets in hope I could round up some enthusiasm from my boys and pals
    Not a single taker
    Looks like I'll be going alone
    I'll be the Billy no mates in the upper north
    We must be worse than I thought
  • Brought 6 tickets in hope I could round up some enthusiasm from my boys and pals
    Not a single taker
    Looks like I'll be going alone
    I'll be the Billy no mates in the upper north
    We must be worse than I thought

Shite
    Looks like I can't back out myself now

Looks like I may have a taker provided I buy them the football special from burger king on the way

I might be wrong and they sold more in a late rush. 12 or even 15 maybe
    Did big Tone run of friends & family to give them too then?
  • Received a copy of the 'Royal Greenwich Time' Which is a free paper produced by the council & distributed throughout the borough & surprised that there is no advert or mention of this 'promotion'
  • Does anyone have any idea what the expected attendance is likely to be for this? Seems to have been very little effort to promote it so can only assume it is sold out!
  • Sorely tempted as a chance to come to The Valley. Expensive when travelling from Devon, but no way I can bring myself to put money, even just a fiver in the Rats pocket. Undermines the amazing work being done to force him out.

Hate not being able to go though, my happiest memories are at The Valley, and I miss Charlton. No where else ever comes close, frustratingly for me its got to be Charlton or nothing.
  • Sponsored links:

• I stand to be corrected but didn't our own fans do a lot to promote these games in the past eg giving away leaflets at various stations.

I certainly hope no-one is doing that this time.
  • Does anyone have any idea what the expected attendance is likely to be for this? Seems to have been very little effort to promote it so can only assume it is sold out!

Assuming Reading sell out, the current gate is a bit under 20k, but it seems to have stalled and unless they give seats away this week is unlikely to sell out. Home sales down on previous years, but aways well up.
  • I wont do it for £5.
    If they increased the offer to £10, I might be tempted to attend.
  • I stand to be corrected but didn't our own fans do a lot to promote these games in the past eg giving away leaflets at various stations.

I certainly hope no-one is doing that this time.

Yes - remember going around newsagents and shops around Charlton and Blackheath a few years back with posters. And there was a lot of social media effort more recently.

All that goodwill's been pissed away now.
  • I am going... got tickets in the west upper, not because I like sitting there but because it is usually the most expensive part of the ground and so might as well experience it..

Will have sat in every tier of every stand in the ground except for the weird corner bit that's the family stand or whatever they call it..
  • I thought this would of been the perfect boycott match as previous games for a fiver have sold out and would of been abit of a show that they can't even sell this one out. Seems that people will still go regardless of the crap being served up on the pitch, off the pitch and everything about this toxic regime. Each to their own but I just don't get it. Sad times.
  • I thought this would of been the perfect boycott match as previous games for a fiver have sold out and would of been abit of a show that they can't even sell this one out. Seems that people will still go regardless of the crap being served up on the pitch, off the pitch and everything about this toxic regime. Each to their own but I just don't get it. Sad times.

You choose to not attend that's fine it's your way of showing your discontent. For me I don't get to the valley very often as I have lots of other commitments, but when I do get a free Saturday and we are at home I can't imagine mys www lo doing anything else with my Saturday. I will protest outside the ground, and will volunteer to help Card with whatever they have planned for that match, as I have on previous occasions.

And while avoiding relegation is still mathematically possible then I will support the team in the hope we stay up..

You choose to not attend that's fine it's your way of showing your discontent. For me I don't get to the valley very often as I have lots of other commitments, but when I do get a free Saturday and we are at home I can't imagine mys www lo doing anything else with my Saturday. I will protest outside the ground, and will volunteer to help Card with whatever they have planned for that match, as I have on previous occasions.

And while avoiding relegation is still mathematically possible then I will support the team in the hope we stay up..
    That's fair enough Canters, like I said each to their own. It kills me not going to the Valley, Charlton are in my blood. My nan and grandad used to own a green grocers in the village and lived at the top of Floyd road. Boycotting games now I feel is the only way we can affect the regime. I guess some of us reached our limits quicker than others and just can't bring ourselves to give Roland another penny.

That's fair enough Canters, like I said each to their own. It kills me not going to the Valley, Charlton are in my blood. My nan and grandad used to own a green grocers in the village and lived at the top of Floyd road. Boycotting games now I feel is the only way we can affect the regime. I guess some of us reached our limits quicker than others and just can't bring ourselves to give Roland another penny.
    Agree.. I think if I'd been going every week and had to watch the level of dross some have then I probably would have stopped by now. As I don't get there too often I have been shielded from some of the crap (I was at the Ipswich game) and so am still able to put myself through that!