Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Football for a Fiver

13»

Comments

• edited February 2016
    WSS said:

I think a bumper 20k crowd is the perfect opportunity to ramp the protests up and make a real statement to as many as possible.

#protestforafiver copyright of @Airman Brown

Agreed.

Am I right in saying every previous Football for a fiver has sold out? Even when in league one?
    If we are at 20k whilst more than a normal week this season will still be an abject failure in the context of FFaF...

And yet enough there to have a larger protest....
  • edited February 2016
    I can't make the game. Anyone wanting to go and not wanting to give RD any more money can have my ticket for £20. Then everyone is a winner.

;-)
  • If anyone has bought three tickets (next to one another) for the east stand and can't make the game please let me know. I want to take my four year old son and my Mum. I want them to experience the protests more than anything else. PM me and I will happily come and collect them from you with £15 at the ready. Rather than give the Rat any more money.

I took my 9 year old daughter to the Cardiff game. Her fifth game. She enjoyed the protest more than the game. Very sad times when the songs that stick in her head are protest songs.
  • edited February 2016

They claimed 109 on the OS. Couldn't help wondering if they foisted 100 on some poor unsuspecting sponsor or the community trust.

And how many of these 109 are child's half season tickets?

Still, either way it's way off Cahones target of 500.

Way to go Tony, you're the expert!
  • WSS said:

I think a bumper 20k crowd is the perfect opportunity to ramp the protests up and make a real statement to as many as possible.

#protestforafiver copyright of @Airman Brown

Agreed.

Am I right in saying every previous Football for a fiver has sold out? Even when in league one?
    If we are at 20k whilst more than a normal week this season will still be an abject failure in the context of FFaF...

And yet enough there to have a larger protest....
    In recent years they haven't used the Jimmy Seed Stand for home fans, reducing the target, although there was one game in League One where we didn't either. Not sell-outs, necessarily, but pretty close. Unless they dump the tickets, I should think it will be the lowest home sale since it was revived in 2011.
  • Lowest football for a fiver in years this will be... and we will get spanked, hard to add to it... If we can get organised and people, enough people have the drive it could be a great demonstration...

Good luck everyone.. keep pushing
  • DA9DA9
    edited February 2016
    Got a ticket, really thinking about blowing it out, what with the trains being knackered etc etc, travelling up to Birkenhead Thursday/Friday for a funeral, so not sure if I will be in the mood either, as won't be getting back home until late Friday, but they have my money regardless.
  • Football for a fiver is the reason RD bought the club, unfortunately there were some translation issues and he thought it was FOOTBALLERS for a fiver but he stuck with it bless him
  • Sponsored links:

• So according to the clubs calendars the next match planned is home to Rochdale on October 1st.

Will this set a new low for an attendance with this offer ?
  • Can't we (CARD) make Rochdale a protest match (less money to the owner). We could try to fill the ground as a one off which should contrast with previous attendances. And it does hurt not going to games - so being able to as part of a protest would be nice for those of us making the sacrifice and not going!