Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Players Marks: Huddersfield v Charlton

2»

Comments

• when's @Leuth gonna turn up and lol everyone for giving anyone marks below 7?

Gonna lol everyone who gave Reza a mark...

...because he played less than half an hour ;)
  • Henderson - 5
    Solly - 6 (Only one willing to run with the ball, effort was there to see made some good interceptions and tackles with no protection)
    Johnson - 4 (Vocal and that's it, Slow not tight enough won few headers, No composure hoofing it to nobody)
    Lennon - 4 (Ok positioning, Won few aerial battles but not ready yet)
    Fox - 3 (Got the ball second later hoofed it, Harriott could do nothing with the sort of balls he was giving down the line, Poor defensively)
    Williams - 4 (Clearly not a Centre-Mid, not yet fit or dynamic enough)
    Berg Gudmundsson - 4 (Apart from 2 bits of skill, piss poor showing, couldn't put a corner in or a though ball jogged around the pitch)
    Poyet - 4 (Didn't have a clue what to do defence wasn't passing to him had 3 runners passing the ball around him constantly)
    Jackson - 4 (No use against teams who play quick possession football doesn't have the legs or energy to make a impact)
    Harriott - 5 (Was trying to make runs and test the defence but either the ball came too late so was offside or shit balls in the air)
    Vaz Te - 3 (Up front by himself too slow to get in behind, not a target man shit service, fed up couldn't be bothered was complaining to The Interim One)
    Holmes Dennis - 4 (Some nice touches, but damage was done)
    Reza - 2 (Stupid thing to do, but couldn't adjust to the tempo of the game like most)

• I'm not knocking you pal as I 100% appreciate your efforts in going last night. But please explain how we can concede 5 goals and a defender get 7.5? As I say, I wasn't there so that's my reasoning for not understanding.

Leaving aside the lone striker, all the other ten players contribute to the performance of the defence. I can see no reason why all of them must have played badly to account for our conceding five goals. As illustration, as I commented in the player marks, the first two goals were very much down to individual mistakes by Fox and Henderson. I really think Lennon did well, especially given that so many of his team mates played so badly.
  • Henderson 5 tried
    Solly 5.5 tried, agree with Nolan about headed backpass. Actually that was the highlight of the game.
    Johnson 4
    Lennon 5 tried
    Fox 2 how many bad passes can you make?
    Williams 4
    Berg-Gudmundsson 3
    Poyet 5 tried
    Jackson 5 tried hardest
    Harriott 5 tried
    Vaz Te 1 oxygen thief
    Holmes-Dennis 4
    Reza 1 see VT