Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Who would want to be our manager?

Assuming Karel is for the chop, as after a 5-0 drubbing you have to ask how he cannot be let go, who would be so mad as to take on the role of 'head coach' at this pathetic excuse for a club?

The SLP has Riga down as a possible replacement. Whilst I can see that finding favour with some of the fans, if I was Riga and Duchatalet came calling, my response would be something along the lines of 'Pourquoi voudrais-je tirer vos conneries du feu nouveau, Roland?'

Comments

• I'll have a go!
  • Someone who can count to 11 without taking his shoes and socks off!
  • curbs/jacko/powell any combination. failing that, neil warnock.

They are the only names i realistically would like at our club,

however if we are being unrealistic then nigel pearson/sherwood/monk

however if we are being stupid then 'i wouldve gone with pep guardiloa'
  • Does anybody think that RD will look beyond his network of coaches? He'll either recycle Riga or it will be another unknown nobody from that poxy little country called belgium.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited January 2016

Warnock

agree mate can you imagine saying that 12 months ago, actually wanting neil warnock?, no flaming way.
  • for the love of god warnock is not the answer
  • 'Give it Giggsy'
  • 'Give it Giggsy'

be happy with him....to the end of the season
  • Pep Guardiola

or Manuel from Fawlty Towers.
  • Nigel Adkins
  • edited January 2016
    We'll never get anyone sensible. Roland will appoint some clown nobody has ever heard of.

I'd have liked Steve Evans - great record. Paul Lambert was another outstanding candidate. Nigel Pearson is another obvious excellent manager out of work.

But who wants to work under a board that sacks you after your first bad run and who won't let you sign your own players.

Pearson: I've got this great player who is 3rd choice at Leicester who would be a great addition to the Charlton squad

KM: I'm sorry, we've actually got this Belgiun 3rd division wanker we're paying to bring in talent from clubs nobody has ever heard of and would struggle to compete in the conference premier. Is that OK?

Pearson: Are you an Ostrich?

• It makes no odds at this stage. The structure is so flimsy that Arsene Wenger couldn't help.
  • Sponsored links:

• Think we're all missing the point, I can think of very very few who would take the job on in the current situation. Best chance of an English manager would be a fairly respected League 1/2 boss at most, someone like Parky/Martin Allen, but in honesty they might not even want the job at the moment.

Obviously the dream is Powell with Jacko Assistant but absolutely 0 chance of that.
  • Our best action would be an open letter requesting no person accepts managers job.

We need to make the club unmanageable for RD and KM.
  • edited January 2016
    Jeremy Corbin, he knows how to create unity, accord and get everyone in his team singing from the same song sheet, and have another Jeremy, Clarkson to act as press, public relations and team builder.
  • Come on ValleyFred, we'd have Parky back in an instant.

Man with integrity who did an excellent job at Charlton. Challenging for promotion with a bunch of free signings!
  • Come on ValleyFred, we'd have Parky back in an instant.

Man with integrity who did an excellent job at Charlton. Challenging for promotion with a bunch of free signings!

Would prefer Pardew or Dowie myself!
  • Halix said:

Jeremy Corbin, he knows how to create unity, accord and get everyone in his team signing from the same song sheet, and have another Jeremy, Clarkson to act as press, public relations and team builder.

Nah, we wouldn't have 11 players available and would end up importing players from the 'west' ham
  • Valley11 said:

It makes no odds at this stage. The structure is so flimsy that Arsene Wenger couldn't help.

He could probably get us 4th from bottom. That would do us nicely.
  • Up until tonite I was happy with Riga coming in, but not anymore. The dressing room needs a lift by a manager with passion, fight & who can grab 'em by the balls & get some reaction....... Don't like the man, but someone like Warnock
  • C_A_F_C said:

Pep Guardiola

or Manuel from Fawlty Towers.

No, not him, he's another one who likes to escape in the old laundry basket