Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Who would want to be our manager?

2»

Comments

• edited January 2016
    no one will join.... anyone in football will know the knob with the money has different idea that ensure management isnt an option...

League 1, then league 2 or until RD leaves, as he attempts to sell the Valley... that's our future...

Unless we put a hit on him... Dark web anyone?? I'll throw 50 bucks in....
  • Someone tough and credible:

Nigel Pearson
    Malky Mackay
    Derek Adams
    Garry Monk
    Gus Poyet
    Phil Brown
    Gary Caldwell
    Gareth Ainsworth
    Chris Wilder
    Paul Tisdale
  • The bottom line is....nobody. What proper football manager would want to, given the system and constraints in place ? It'll be another weasel with no experience
  • Given that the regime doesn't recruit Charlton managers from outside the pool of people they already know, I wouldn't be surprised if they've begged / will beg SCP to come back.

Could be combined with some waffled humble pie PR along the lines of we're now listening, we've made mistakes, etc. It would buy them time. It would appease most of the customer base. If he takes us down the regime can say told you so, if we stay up then the regime trundles on for another season.

This seems the most logical move the regime would attempt, surely?
  • I'm gonna stuck my neck out and guess that the next chosen one will be belgian/from the Belgian leagues
  • edited January 2016
    Anybody would be an improvement on the current tosser.

Got a feeling it's going to be Ivan Vukomanović.
  • Who in their right mind would want to manage us? Especially as he'll only be given until the end of the season, and not even the 1966 version of Sir Alf Ramsey could keep us up!
  • I say give it to @colin1961 he knows the English game and due to the year of his birth he is "experienced". He also spouts the regime's mantra already.
  • Someone tough and credible:

Nigel Pearson
    Malky Mackay
    Derek Adams
    Garry Monk
    Gus Poyet
    Phil Brown
    Gary Caldwell
    Gareth Ainsworth
    Chris Wilder
    Paul Tisdale

Paul Tisdale tough....? Did you see the hat he was wearing the other night?
  • Make Jackson our Player-Manager. Jackson and is the only one mature enough and has respect from other players and people in the football world to become Manager. JACKSON for Manager please.
  • Sponsored links:

• Lots of people but because they need a job not because they are the best person or care about the club.

And it would be easy money. We can't get much worse and we're run by mad men and incompents so their excuses when they are sacked are ready made.

So we end up taking a failed UK manager or another Belgian puppet.
  • Lots of people but because they need a job not because they are the best person or care about the club.

And it would be easy money. We can't get much worse and we're run by mad men and incompents so their excuses when they are sacked are ready made.

So we end up taking a failed UK manager or another Belgian puppet.

Peter Taylor ?
  • Valley11 said:

Someone tough and credible:

Nigel Pearson
    Malky Mackay
    Derek Adams
    Garry Monk
    Gus Poyet
    Phil Brown
    Gary Caldwell
    Gareth Ainsworth
    Chris Wilder
    Paul Tisdale

Yes. I actually thought it was Michael Stipe.
    As it feels like the end of the world as we know it, he'd probably be a good fit :smile:
  • Valley11 said:

Someone tough and credible:

Nigel Pearson
    Malky Mackay
    Derek Adams
    Garry Monk
    Gus Poyet
    Phil Brown
    Gary Caldwell
    Gareth Ainsworth
    Chris Wilder
    Paul Tisdale

Nothing wrong with some self confidence - he is mates with the founder of Ted Baker
  • I highly recommend reading Living on the Volcano by Michael Calvin - contains insightful interviews with some amazing managers operating on tiny budgets in the lower leagues (eg Tisdale, Ainsworth).

Presumably Karel Fraeye refused to be interviewed.....
  • Would happily have Ainsworth in charge but don't think he's that stupid.
  • I reckon they will turn to someone like Paul Jewell, wasn't that the rumour before ? Been out of work for ages and they will say they have given us an English manger with experience
  • Would happily have Ainsworth in charge but don't think he's that stupid.

I doubt he is on more than £75k pa
  • We want someone to keep us up.....WARNOCK.
  • I reckon they will turn to someone like Paul Jewell, wasn't that the rumour before ? Been out of work for ages and they will say they have given us an English manger with experience

Not the best motivational man for the job though is he?

Jewell to Players... Right, we can get out of this mess if we stick together and work hard
    Players... Hang on, didnt you claim that we'd finish bottom of the league this season?
  • Sponsored links:

• Warnock has worked with flavio briatore...

Jewell to Players... Right, we can get out of this mess if we stick together and work hard
    Players... Hang on, didnt you claim that we'd finish bottom of the league this season?
    No I agree, I don't want the fella but I reckon that's the type of bloke they will bring in
  • It's got that bad is actually take someone like Paul Jewell. It can't get worse than Fraeye

No I agree, I don't want the fella but I reckon that's the type of bloke they will bring in
    Its the only English type Manager we'd get... No one with any credibility left would take the job... Yes people could say that Gareth Ainsworth is @ Wycombe so would be a nice jump for him, but managers get sacked so often that if a good manager waits, they'll soon get their opportunity!!
  • There are lots of names being mentioned on here, but these are names of managers people would like to see take over.

The question was: Who would want to be our manager?

To answer this question, I would guess at:

ivan vukomanovic
    Slavoljub Muslin
    Jose Riga
    Guido Brepoels
    Franky Van der Elst

If you haven't heard of any of them, look them up online and you'll see why I think it could be one of them!!