Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

SLP Match report. Fraeye refuses press

http://www.southlondonpress.co.uk/article.cfm?id=115440

Have a good old read of this. My take on tonight's defeat. It wasn't pretty.

Fraeye's post game actions says it all.

Comments

• Options
    tell it like it is louis. what a disgusting mess we are in
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    Can KF or the club be fined for this?
  • Options
    Cheers Louis, depressing stuff but needs to be said
  • Options
    Well done Louis.
  • Options
    Cheers Louis, safe trip home
  • Options
    The next Charlton Live should be a barrell of laughs.
  • Options
    Bloody hell. Good work, Louis.
  • Options

I understand the club can be fined for this, not sure if that happens often in practice.
  • Options
    LouisMend said:

I understand the club can be fined for this, not sure if that happens often in practice.
    Interestingly, this stands even if another representative like a player stands in.
    77 Post-Match Media Arrangements

77.1 In addition to any obligations imposed on Clubs, Officials, Managers and Players under the terms of any commercial contract notified in accordance with Regulation 75, the Home Club shall facilitate post-match media arrangements following the conclusion of each match played under the auspices of The League. These should include interviews for the League’s broadcast partners where requested and the opportunity for accredited representatives of other media to ask relevant questions.

77.2 Each Club participating in the relevant match shall procure the compliance by their Manager in respect of these obligations.
    Read more at http://www.football-league.co.uk/global/section7.aspx#seDgFjlfg0jtZXMJ.99
    Chelsea/Jose Mourinho was fined for such an offence.
  • Options
    What a complete and utter shambles, this management has become.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    As you all know, we spoke to Stephen Henderson after last night's game
    http://www.southlondonpress.co.uk/article.cfm?id=115441
  • Options
    It's possible no offence was committed if we didn't have a manager after the game last night...
  • Options
    rikofold said:

It's possible no offence was committed if we didn't have a manager after the game last night...

It is unlikely he was fired between the final whistle and his scurry to the coach. If he was then Meire had to face the press. What happened was disgusting, a poor reflection on the club as a whole and an utter disgrace on the past of Fraeye,if what is claimed is true. If it is, he should get out of football management at whatever level.
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    mogodon said:

rikofold said:

It is unlikely he was fired between the final whistle and his scurry to the coach. If he was then Meire had to face the press. What happened was disgusting, a poor reflection on the club as a whole and an utter disgrace on the past of Fraeye,if what is claimed is true. If it is, he should get out of football management at whatever level.
    Why is it an 'utter disgrace'? The football journos (apologies Louis) make themselves out to be so self-important that they think they run and control the game, so much so that everyone should kowtow to their every whim and desire.
    We've all had a really bad day at the office (acknowledge that Fraeye has a particularly disproportionate number), where we've not really wanted to talk that much.
    Whats the big deal?
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    mogodon said:

mogodon said:

rikofold said:

Why is it an 'utter disgrace'? The football journos (apologies Louis) make themselves out to be so self-important that they think they run and control the game, so much so that everyone should kowtow to their every whim and desire.
    We've all had a really bad day at the office (acknowledge that Fraeye has a particularly disproportionate number), where we've not really wanted to talk that much.
    Whats the big deal?
    The big deal is that clubs have to put someone up to face the media. That's not self-important football journalists, that's the rules of the league. That the man utlimately repsonsible for the side runs and hides and leaves a player to face the music is gutless. Can you seriously imagine in business a CEO, for example, of a failing business announcing more dire results and putting up a salesman to face the media?

The big deal is that it is symptomatic of club that regards communication with fans as utterly unimportant.
    To me, we've had a shit game , i know that through the result and the performance - i dont need a stiffed-up journo to come along and tell me the bleedin obvious by interviewing someone who's job is keep goal / or to coach the team tbh - too much importance is placed on it - a bit like when they interview Rooney after an England game - i dont care what he says coz its just a load of platitudes and cliches anyway- dont waste my time on this - just show some more of the game! I'd rather watch more of the play rather than Wayne stumble around his vocabulary.
    In this instance, i dont see what the big deal is - he didnt come out for an interview, so what!, but the papers want to make it a big deal coz oh dear, he wont come and speak to us ! And apparently Fraeye was told not to speak to the Press.

Louis - i dont think you're a 'stiffed-up' journo BTW !
  • Options
    The guy must be seriously depressed. Where to from here for him? This has probably been his goal for years, to manage a big club, now it's been shot to pieces. His credibility in football management is now a big fat zero. He may well find himself having to look for a new career, to start all over again. In that context, I can understand why he didn't front up. Everyone would just have laughed at him if he did, making him even more depressed.
  • Options

mogodon said:

mogodon said:

rikofold said:

Whats the big deal?
    The big deal is that clubs have to put someone up to face the media. That's not self-important football journalists, that's the rules of the league. That the man utlimately repsonsible for the side runs and hides and leaves a player to face the music is gutless. Can you seriously imagine in business a CEO, for example, of a failing business announcing more dire results and putting up a salesman to face the media?

The big deal is that it is symptomatic of club that regards communication with fans as utterly unimportant.
    To me, we've had a shit game , i know that through the result and the performance - i dont need a stiffed-up journo to come along and tell me the bleedin obvious by interviewing someone who's job is keep goal / or to coach the team tbh - too much importance is placed on it - a bit like when they interview Rooney after an England game - i dont care what he says coz its just a load of platitudes and cliches anyway- dont waste my time on this - just show some more of the game! I'd rather watch more of the play rather than Wayne stumble around his vocabulary.
    In this instance, i dont see what the big deal is - he didnt come out for an interview, so what!, but the papers want to make it a big deal coz oh dear, he wont come and speak to us ! And apparently Fraeye was told not to speak to the Press.

It was actually stated that Fraeye made the decision and stopped Euell from talking to them too. @LouisMend said as much last night.

It was a cowardly act. If you can't face up to the press (and the fans because believe it or not, many of us wanted to see what he had to say) then you should not be in the type of position that requires this.
  • Options

The guy must be seriously depressed. Where to from here for him? This has probably been his goal for years, to manage a big club, now it's been shot to pieces. His credibility in football management is now a big fat zero. He may well find himself having to look for a new career, to start all over again. In that context, I can understand why he didn't front up. Everyone would just have laughed at him if he did, making him even more depressed.

Well he's wormed his way in, undermining other managers in the process, and been a presence in the background 'advising' on some of the fantastic decisions made.

Yes it's been his goal, but not only has he ended up there the wrong way but he is completely and utterly clueless on what to do now he's in.
  • Options

mogodon said:

mogodon said:

rikofold said:

Whats the big deal?

Sorry have to agree with Mogodon, wether it be a 'stiffed up reporter' or not, telling the 'bleedin obvious'. You may well be right that too much importance is placed on this type of communication, but as of yet no posting of any departure by KF, and in fact the CAFC have posted the interview with the headline 'Henderson apologises for "shocking" team performance'
    Personally I was shocked at the performance on Saturday, but I was not there last night. Credit to Henderson that he had the courage to speak to the media in the circumstances.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Addicted said:

Well he's wormed his way in, undermining other managers in the process, and been a presence in the background 'advising' on some of the fantastic decisions made.

Yes it's been his goal, but not only has he ended up there the wrong way but he is completely and utterly clueless on what to do now he's in.
    This. He's fiddled in other manager's careers, he's getting what he deserves.
  • Options
    I feel sorry for Carol. He's a scapegoat for the owner and his ridiculous girlfriend. Believe me, girlfriend she is, there can be no other explanation. I actually think the Huddersfield result is the best result we could possibly have had. There is nowhere to hide now, Miere might be a victim as well.
  • Options
    Addicted said:

TBH, its quite clear that this Chris O'Loughlin bloke is exactly the same.
  • Options
    I think he should talk to the press, and I think up to now the press questions have been a bit tame.
    A question like:

'Karel, you repeatedly say it's up to the club what happens, isn't it now time to recognise that you are an abject failure, and therefore you should simply walk away?'
  • Options
    The pre-match presser for the Hull game will be interesting assuming Fraeye remains in charge, and assuming he doesn't bottle it again and send one of the ball boys in his place
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    seth plum said:

I think he should talk to the press, and I think up to now the press questions have been a bit tame.
    A question like:

'Karel, you repeatedly say it's up to the club what happens, isn't it now time to recognise that you are an abject failure, and therefore you should simply walk away?'

We have to appreciate the passions we have as fans and need for journalists to be objective and also polite. That's why as en editor I tried to keep young and less experienced journos who were also fans away from their own clubs!
  • Options
    seth plum said:

A question like:

Funnily enough, I thought Hendo's questions last night were the toughest/most direct so far. A shame that Kazza wasn't there to answer them.
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    So at the moment there is a bunker mentality. No one apart from RM is saying anything, and that had to to be a staged interview.
    However, they cannot maintain this silence forever, especially because the protest is going to grow. Continued silence will only increase the curiosity of the media, and encourage a negative view. So at some point, they will have to face the music, the fans, and the press. After all, they are running a business, albeit seemingly into the ground at the moment.
    The club is in disarray off the pitch, but after last night, the s**t appears to have truly hit the fan ( all 150 of them) on the pitch. We have been awful before, but the reaction to the defeat and a player being interviewed rather than any management suggests the team is also on the verge of collapse. The players should refuse to play and let it be known that they refuse to play. We would all be behind them. Enough is enough. The club is a complete disaster zone and we all know who is responsible. A player revolt would be a huge story. Go for it lads, what have you got to lose? It will only be more of the same on Saturday if it stays like this.