Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

SLP Match report. Fraeye refuses press

2»

Comments

• Options
    OK already. I accept the restraint that is demanded by journalistic convention. I am not as persuaded by the questioning so far but if others judge it to have been tough enough I will defer.
    My observation is that there is potential to be more...errm....unsettling with questions otherwise the Richard Murray Q&A on the website last week wouldn't have been so controlled.

How about 'Karel we are repeatedly conceding goals following corners just before half time, would you agree you don't have the skills to solve that problem?'
  • Options
    Odious, horrible, horrible people running the club.
  • Options
    LouisMend said:

mogodon said:

seth plum said:

I think he should talk to the press, and I think up to now the press questions have been a bit tame.
    A question like:

'Karel, you repeatedly say it's up to the club what happens, isn't it now time to recognise that you are an abject failure, and therefore you should simply walk away?'

We have to appreciate the passions we have as fans and need for journalists to be objective and also polite. That's why as en editor I tried to keep young and less experienced journos who were also fans away from their own clubs!
    Going hammer and tongs and demanding someone resigns is not the way it is done, and deep down I think you know that too Seth.

I've asked very direct questions throughout the season when necessary but you have to do it with respect or you won't get an answer.
    Or you won't get to talk to him at all and he just sits on the bus and sulks!!
  • Options
    Presumably with the players having a day off, Fraeye is involved in 'deep and meaningful' discussions within the club today. So we might get an announcement later. Or more likely, another wall of silence.

How is that better communication coming along, Mr Murray?
  • Options
    So just reading through this - am I right in thinking that it's not just cowardly but against football league rules that Fraeye wasn't available for comment last night ?
  • Options

I look forward to the appropriate apology from the club in due course.

I'm afraid Roland never apologises for what his children get up to ;-)

• Options
    se9addick said:

So just reading through this - am I right in thinking that it's not just cowardly but against football league rules that Fraeye wasn't available for comment last night ?

No, the club has to put someone up or be fined, it does not specify the manager. Hence reports the club was trying to get someone - anyone - to do the job. Which makes Fraeye's conduct even more cowardly UNLESS someone higher than him (Meire) barred him and Euell.
  • Options
    se9addick said:

Correct.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The man is a total dope.

His previous media dealings were to his wife at the dinner table when she would ask "how was the match?" And he could lie his way through to dessert.

Absolute weasel of a coward.
  • Options
    mogodon said:

se9addick said:

No, the club has to put someone up or be fined, it does not specify the manager. Hence reports the club was trying to get someone - anyone - to do the job. Which makes Fraeye's conduct even more cowardly UNLESS someone higher than him (Meire) barred him and Euell.

se9addick said:

Correct.
    Bloody he'll - it's like asking Katrien for a straight answer !
  • Options
    Fair play Louis. It must be a difficult balancing act between being a fan as well as a journalist. Both aspects come across well in the report
  • Options

It is just another appalling lack of professional standards.

Media communication is part and parcel of the job. There are any number of professional sports people who literally hate the media side of the "business" but they do it through gritted teeth because they recognise they have duty to the sport they represent. Of course there those in the media who will exploit any weakness and/or stumble but if you are not up to the task do not take the job.

In this instance it is a contractual requirement of the club and its officials. His unprofessional behaviour was totally unacceptable at every level, in terms of his responsibility to the club, its employees, its contracted players and its supporters and if he had an ounce of common sense to himself. Where is there an ounce of self respect?

What possible respect do you think he can muster, if heavens forbid he was still walking to the Sparrow Lane Training Ground, this morning from the players, the staff and even the academy youngsters? What example does it set to any young professional?

Sadly the lack of professional standards seems endemic to the entire executive who appear to lack any understanding of corporate disciplines needed to run any business. I feel immensely sorry for the no doubt many conscientious, hard working staff who work diligently for the club.

On nearly every aspect on public display the management of the club is leaderless and rudderless.

The evidence of the past few days indicates they do not even appear to have the most basic gumption as to where in hell they go next.

Ignoring the questionable use of Valley Gold minibus at the weekend to effectively run away to hide on the club bus merely reflects his total inadequacy for the role.

This is absolutely the point. Unless he was already sacked, Karel Fraeye is supposed to be their leader in a time of crisis. That means he has to face up to the questioning of the press, not one of his senior players. If someone I worked for dipped out of facing the public on an issue they were accountable for and left me to pick up the pieces, I doubt they would regain my respect again, let alone my trust.

The club's owner and management are sleepwalking into total disaster. Seriously, how is Fraeye still at the club? I can only imagine Roland's been busy and has yet had time to reach for his gun.
  • Options
    rikofold said:

It is just another appalling lack of professional standards.

Media communication is part and parcel of the job. There are any number of professional sports people who literally hate the media side of the "business" but they do it through gritted teeth because they recognise they have duty to the sport they represent. Of course there those in the media who will exploit any weakness and/or stumble but if you are not up to the task do not take the job.

In this instance it is a contractual requirement of the club and its officials. His unprofessional behaviour was totally unacceptable at every level, in terms of his responsibility to the club, its employees, its contracted players and its supporters and if he had an ounce of common sense to himself. Where is there an ounce of self respect?

What possible respect do you think he can muster, if heavens forbid he was still walking to the Sparrow Lane Training Ground, this morning from the players, the staff and even the academy youngsters? What example does it set to any young professional?

Sadly the lack of professional standards seems endemic to the entire executive who appear to lack any understanding of corporate disciplines needed to run any business. I feel immensely sorry for the no doubt many conscientious, hard working staff who work diligently for the club.

On nearly every aspect on public display the management of the club is leaderless and rudderless.

The evidence of the past few days indicates they do not even appear to have the most basic gumption as to where in hell they go next.

Ignoring the questionable use of Valley Gold minibus at the weekend to effectively run away to hide on the club bus merely reflects his total inadequacy for the role.

This is absolutely the point. Unless he was already sacked, Karel Fraeye is supposed to be their leader in a time of crisis. That means he has to face up to the questioning of the press, not one of his senior players. If someone I worked for dipped out of facing the public on an issue they were accountable for and left me to pick up the pieces, I doubt they would regain my respect again, let alone my trust.

The club's owner and management are sleepwalking into total disaster. Seriously, how is Fraeye still at the club? I can only imagine Roland's been busy and has yet had time to reach for his gun.
    I think they arrived some months ago.
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    rikofold said:

I seriously wonder how much of this Roland knows about. Almost certainly he doesn't spend his day Googling CAFC and relies on media comment and what his subordinates say. Meire will be playing all this down (aka lying, which is one thing she is good at), while the press clippings etc he has compiled for him almost certainly only cover the main newspapers where coverage has been scant. So much as I loathe him, he may well be oblivious to the scale of the mess and the anger of the fans.

• Options
    edited January 2016
    How about sending RD a horses head with best wishes from Don Corleone :smirk:
  • Options

Can KF or the club be fined for this?

Already has been fined - he left his car parked on double yellows.

• Options
    rikofold said:

It's possible no offence was committed if we didn't have a manager after the game last night...

we haven't had a manager for months...