Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

BLACKBURN BOYCOTT

edited January 2016 in General Charlton
The protests are falling on deaf ears. They do not give a s*** they think some new customers will come along! They ONLY way anyone will listen is a full boycott. I know we support the team not the owners but sometimes you have to make a sacrifice for a grater cause. If you keep going to games ST holder or not , you are responsible personally for what RD and his puppet are doing. You are showing your support of it. Imagine the impact if not a single customer was there! Personally (I know Seb will be but that's his fault!) if you go to Blackburn I question how you can call yourself Charlton - you'd be playing a part in financing this disgrace.

Comments

• Options
    If you go inside the ground then you are only helping the Regime not the Club. Because the Regime are NOT Charlton.
  • Options
    edited January 2016
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    questioning weather people are "proper" Charlton in times likes these really doesnt help i dont attend home games in recent times - some people may think that makes me not "proper" charlton but i will be going to the blackburn game purely for the protests in and outside the stadium, if you are a st holder and you dont purchase anything inside the ground but make noise and have a black and white scarf on that is more effective than sitting at home on a Saturday afternoon.
  • Options
    @Off_it who u talking to pal?
  • Options

Doesn't look like you are pals...

I boycott home games. I do it for my own piece of mind. I would never question other's motivations for still going to the games and certainly would not demean them by stating they aren't proper fans if they don't boycott. This type of thread is not helpful, the fans should be united against the owners and digging them out because they don't want to protest in the way you do is ridiculous.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Protest before the game, pub during the game, protest after the game. The club doesn't get our money, the dying pub trade does and we're still in SE7 on a Saturday. BOOM!
  • Options

questioning weather people are "proper" Charlton in times likes these really doesnt help i dont attend home games in recent times - some people may think that makes me not "proper" charlton but i will be going to the blackburn game purely for the protests in and outside the stadium, if you are a st holder and you dont purchase anything inside the ground but make noise and have a black and white scarf on that is more effective than sitting at home on a Saturday afternoon.

Very much the same for me.

Lib Club for a few beers and protest after the game.
  • Options

You, I'd imagine.

• Options
    Boycott a waste of time - unless you can get virtually everyone to do it - which won't happen. Besides many of us have already paid up front in the form of season tickets. I won't be spending any money inside the ground though as a form of financial boycott. Still think a stand-up and walk out 5 minutes into the game - for 5 minutes - would be more effective. However, if we are relegated, then I will be boycotting for at least a season...
  • Options
    Tempted to go to the protest, walk up to the Rectory Field, watch Blackheath v Roslyn Park, and then come back down for the post match protest. Should be a decent game of rugby.
  • Options
    I'm boycotting and have been for a while - except for the last home game which I attended purely for the protests pre and post match.

The problem with boycotting is that it's divisive. Asking fans that have different motives for attending a match not to attend could be alienating. This is a time where all fans need to be unified and make a stand together.

My suggestion would be exactly what we saw at Forest except bigger, louder and more public.
  • Options
    I'm currently boycotting despite having a season ticket. However, I think a mass walk out - if properly publicised - would get a lot of press.
  • Options
    The media won't give as much attention as the Forest game if it's exactly the same. Don't get me wrong we need to protest before and after every home game until they have gone, but maybe surrounding the directors box (not entering it) near the end of the next home game will grab their attention once again.
  • Options
    It would certainly get media interest if enough took part. I would support a one match boycott , but we need to be united so don't fall out over it. What else will really put the pressure on RD to see that his experiment is doomed. The dwindling numbers that support the team and not the regime will enable his ownership to drag on for a few years and would lead to the death of the club. He will try and redevelop the Valley and asset strip.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Eggs, people. Eggs.
  • Options
    I am not totally in agreement with the boycott option yet.
    There definitely needs to be a new angle at every game to keep it fresh and to keep the publicity.
    But the before and after protests need to be maintained. We need to keep in sight. Not only to remind them we are stil here, but to also educate and encourage others to join.
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    Has a mass boycott/walk-out ever worked? For any clubs? Would be interested to know. I can't think of an example.
  • Options
    If you are a season ticket holder you are financing the club till the end of the season (not paying next year's season ticket will be a different matter). Current season ticket holders can stay away but the club still count you in the attendance figures and take your money.

Just listened to the Henderson interview. Pretty shocking in its honesty. If he is a true reflection of what the players are going through then we should remember these are mainly kids with fragile mindsets. The experience they are being put through due to the ineptitude of the management of the club may ruin careers many of which are only just starting.

Personally I believe there are more effective ways to get at this regime and they involve cutting off income streams and kudos to Valley Gold for their decision to do just that. Advertisers and sponsors should be next in line to walk away.

Boycotting a game is withdrawing support to the team on the pitch at time they badly need our support. Showing solidarity may be too strong a term, but when it comes down to it, only the guys wearing the red shirts (with a proper manager - if only) can do anything about our league position.
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    cafc-west said:

Boycott a waste of time - unless you can get virtually everyone to do it - which won't happen. Besides many of us have already paid up front in the form of season tickets. I won't be spending any money inside the ground though as a form of financial boycott. Still think a stand-up and walk out 5 minutes into the game - for 5 minutes - would be more effective. However, if we are relegated, then I will be boycotting for at least a season...

Going in and leaving after five minutes (perhaps to the refrain "We can see us walking out"?) would be more noticeable than not entering the ground at all. It probably won't get RD to change anything but a concerted walk out would surely get press coverage. I'm certainly up for coming back after the game for more demonstrating outside the West Stand.
  • Options
    Regardless of who the manager is and the position we finish, I can't see myself attending after my ST runs out if this mob are still in charge.
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    @CharltonBoy Ok I'm not proper Charlton, gutted. They have my money already, but I won't be paying any more. You do what you want and I'll do what i want.
  • Options
    'Supporting the team' *is* unfortunately 'supporting the regime' whether you like it or not.

Anyway, each to their own. I will be there maybe before, definitely after the game.
  • Options
    Whether I should go to the game or not is a question I have been asking myself. I think we have to get behind one plan and stick to that. I would also like to hear Airman's steer, and hopefully we could all get behind what that is. If it isn't a boycott of the game, maybe the next step afterwards will be. Anyway, I think we need to all agree what is suggested and not do our own thing and fracture.