Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

BLACKBURN BOYCOTT

Comments

• Options
    mogodon said:

@Off_it who u talking to pal?

Guys, this sort of thing doesn't belong here. It belongs in the dressing-room after matches.
    They've both got a respectable amount of abuse flags so I reckon it would be a good scrap, although CharltonBoy's ratio of flags to posts is better.
  • Options
    CharltonBoy you were on here in bragging about a boycott in March 2014. Can I assume that you do not have a Season Ticket? Does that mean that if you boycott games (which I assume you have been doing for 22 months as you made that boast in March 2014) you haven't been paying for games?

I only ask as many season ticket holders have paid for their season ticket already. If you don't want to go to games then, by all means, stay away but to demand that others boycott or they are financially supporting the current regime is not only unreasonable it's also ridiculous.

I assume you know how a season ticket works? Just in case you don't let me explain. You pay in advance and then you don't make any more payments for a whole year. What that means, just in case you didn't realise, is that from the second one purchases a season ticket there is no further financial contribution irrespective as to how many games one attends.

Of course there is an argument that the purchase of a season ticket is, indeed, a financial contribution - all be it that there is an implied service provided, in this case, access to watch as many of the home games as the purchaser desires and a guaranteed seat of the purchaser's choosing. However, there is no ongoing financial support.

Irrespective as to my own personal view on how counter productive it is for the fans to stay away it just makes no financial difference to the club and, I'm not sure that it bothers those running the club very much either. What they will like, however, is seeing fans showing themselves up as, frankly, stupid and angry. That combination is the easiest to laugh at, and the easiest to ignore.

Basically you need to be intelligent and always, always get your facts straight.
  • Options
    I seem to recall that there was the threat of a boycott (one game) when we were at Selhurst as the desire to get the club back to the Valley ramped up and that appeared to work in persuading the board to change their minds and make that a reality.
    I was only about 15/16 at the time, so I may be corrected by those older/more in the know posting here on whether there was a direct correlation between the boycott and us (the club) making a return to the Valley a stated objective.
  • Options
    The boycott game at Sellout was going to be against Oxford United from memory because it was going to be the lowest attendance of the season anyway - boycott was cancelled (I think) because it was announced in the week before the game that the club was going back to the Valley - Rick Everitt was one of the organisers via VOTV I believe
  • Options
    I've got a season ticket, I support the team called Charlton Athletic, as I have done through times far worse than this, I'll be at the game. What's more likely to have an impact, somebody not at the game (oh look Katrien, there's an empty red seat, you don't see that very often at the Valley) or somebody in the ground making their displeasure with the interim manager known ?
  • Options
    Mate of mines dad very occasionally does work for the club through his company. The club got in contact with him today and have given him 40 free tickets for the match to distribute to whoever he likes...He's going to give it to my mates younger brother to hand out at school as he isn't even a Charlton fan himself. But I mean come on that's pathetic, never had anything like this offered to them before and clearly the club are trying to feel the empty seats they know will be there! Tickets are in east stand.
  • Options

Mate of mines dad very occasionally does work for the club through his company. The club got in contact with him today and have given him 40 free tickets for the match to distribute to whoever he likes...He's going to give it to my mates younger brother to hand out at school as he isn't even a Charlton fan himself. But I mean come on that's pathetic, never had anything like this offered to them before and clearly the club are trying to feel the empty seats they know will be there! Tickets are in east stand.

Or to boost the attendances in black and white. Remember id RD doesn't come to games if KM gives out 1,000 comps and the attendance goes up by 1,000 it looks good. no?
  • Options

I've got a season ticket, I support the team called Charlton Athletic, as I have done through times far worse than this, I'll be at the game. What's more likely to have an impact, somebody not at the game (oh look Katrien, there's an empty red seat, you don't see that very often at the Valley) or somebody in the ground making their displeasure with the interim manager known ?

An empty red seat with its potential/ former occupant protesting outside is probably more impacting.
  • Options
    I think we should all go to the Blackburn game and support the team as god knows they need it!

We could offset the money the club earn from us all by throwing flares on the pitch and singing sectarian songs so the club gets fined to fuck!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Instead of going to The Valley why don't we go to Duchbags St Truden for the day and protest there. That would get a lot of media attention to our plight.
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    how about after 2 minutes on Saturday, those with STs let off black/white balloon ("MEIRE OUT"?) and leave the ground to join any protest?
  • Options
    edited January 2016

CharltonBoy you were on here in bragging about a boycott in March 2014. Can I assume that you do not have a Season Ticket? Does that mean that if you boycott games (which I assume you have been doing for 22 months as you made that boast in March 2014) you haven't been paying for games?

I only ask as many season ticket holders have paid for their season ticket already. If you don't want to go to games then, by all means, stay away but to demand that others boycott or they are financially supporting the current regime is not only unreasonable it's also ridiculous.

I assume you know how a season ticket works? Just in case you don't let me explain. You pay in advance and then you don't make any more payments for a whole year. What that means, just in case you didn't realise, is that from the second one purchases a season ticket there is no further financial contribution irrespective as to how many games one attends.

Of course there is an argument that the purchase of a season ticket is, indeed, a financial contribution - all be it that there is an implied service provided, in this case, access to watch as many of the home games as the purchaser desires and a guaranteed seat of the purchaser's choosing. However, there is no ongoing financial support.

Irrespective as to my own personal view on how counter productive it is for the fans to stay away it just makes no financial difference to the club and, I'm not sure that it bothers those running the club very much either. What they will like, however, is seeing fans showing themselves up as, frankly, stupid and angry. That combination is the easiest to laugh at, and the easiest to ignore.

Basically you need to be intelligent and always, always get your facts straight.

while it's probably understandable that those who have bought season tickets, will want to attend matches, to get their moneys worth.

but i do feel a need to ask the question, why?

yes of course you've paid money and i doubt you'd get a refund, if you asked for one. so your money is already lost but honestly, what enjoyment can you possibly get, by attending matches at the moment?

why suffer and turn up, just to watch this nightmare continue to unfold? think of your health and mental wellbeing, it can't be doing you any good. surely you can find better things to do, wouldn't it be sensible to just write the loss off?
  • Options

So, if they were all given a black and white scarf..........
  • Options

while it's probably understandable that those who have bought season tickets, will want to attend matches, to get their moneys worth.

yes of course you've paid money and i doubt you'd get a refund, if you asked for one. so your money is already lost but honestly, what enjoyment can you possibly get, by attending matches at the moment?

why suffer and turn up, just to watch this nightmare continue to unfold? think of your health and mental wellbeing, it can't be doing you any good. surely you can find better things to do, wouldn't it be sensible to just right the loss off?
    Which begs the question: do you have a season-ticket?

• Options
    I have a season ticket, so will be there, but I want this regime to dread the event as much as I'm dreading the game.
    It is not a good idea right now to plan events in any public forum, but there are obviously a range of things people can do if they don't boycott.
    It is possible to hint, to inform and mis inform in order to get the 'club' very twitchy, and force them to have to cover all angles, but if there is an actual football match played then there is clear potential.
    Now is not the time to ease up that's for sure.
  • Options
    They laughed at the protest,people stood in the car park singing we want our charlton back. They will leave when they want,get used to it or show some bottle and do something that will make them sit up and notice. Scare the life out of them. If not stop moaning.
  • Options

Or to boost the attendances in black and white. Remember id RD doesn't come to games if KM gives out 1,000 comps and the attendance goes up by 1,000 it looks good. no?
    Not if those tickets 'unfortunately' get into the hands of some smallwall fans!! The club used to go to great lengths knowing who was going into the ground !!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Redskin said:

why suffer and turn up, just to watch this nightmare continue to unfold? think of your health and mental wellbeing, it can't be doing you any good. surely you can find better things to do, wouldn't it be sensible to just right the loss off?
    Which begs the question: do you have a season-ticket?

no I don't redskin but even if I did, I wouldn't continue to show up, just because I've paid my money, there's no value for money here!

I'd probably do my best to try and get a refund from the club, for misrepresentation.
  • Options

In truth I don't enjoy it as much as I have in the past but I still enjoy watching the football and I enjoy spending the weekend with my Dad.

However, my post was merely to point out that season ticket holders that do attend are not, financially, supporting the regime.
  • Options

Instead of going to The Valley why don't we go to Duchbags St Truden for the day and protest there. That would get a lot of media attention to our plight.

If you're paying?
  • Options

vanilla said:

Not if those tickets 'unfortunately' get into the hands of some smallwall fans!! The club used to go to great lengths knowing who was going into the ground !!

What a wally. Why on earth would Millwall fans be interested in going to Charlton v Blackburn?? Charlton fans aren't even that interested so why would we be??
    I bet you're one of those blokes who thinks Green Street is true to life.
    My point being

vanilla said:

What a wally. Why on earth would Millwall fans be interested in going to Charlton v Blackburn?? Charlton fans aren't even that interested so why would we be??
    I bet you're one of those blokes who thinks Green Street is true to life.
    Don't bother to comment unless you read the thread and are au fait with sarcasm and the current situation/ feeling in the camp. As a sideline - never assume, you are wrong on all counts - It is wiser to verify than to suppose !
  • Options

I think we should all go to the Blackburn game and support the team as god knows they need it!

We could offset the money the club earn from us all by throwing flares on the pitch and singing sectarian songs so the club gets fined to fuck!

Whether you like it or not every time you go to The Valley you are supporting the regime as well as the team
  • Options
    Good luck trying to coax 40 people to come to the Blackburn game. I struggle to get rid of my season tickets to other Charlton supporters.
  • Options
    Am I right in assuming that today's news doesn't alter any action planned for January 23?
  • Options
    edited January 2016

why suffer and turn up, just to watch this nightmare continue to unfold? think of your health and mental wellbeing, it can't be doing you any good. surely you can find better things to do, wouldn't it be sensible to just write the loss off?
    My health and mental well being have been shot to pieces ever since I started supporting Charlton, non attendance will not help it now. I am a confirmed mental masochist thats why I support Charlton, getting my moneys worth does not even come into it. I need my bi weekly hopes dashed on the rocks of expected reality, if I don't I become relaxed and stress free, something I would not expect anyone to wish on me.
  • Options
    I am a season ticket holder now you knooob
  • Options
    do one