Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Bring Back The Magic Three

It's time to bring back CP, AD and DM. Simple as that.

Comments

• Options
    Please NO! And surely the magic three were Hales,Flanagan and Powell (not Chris)
  • Options
    Curbs, Peacock & Day?
  • Options
    As much as I'd love to see him manage us again one day I wouldn't want Powell back under this regime.
  • Options

Curbs, Peacock & Day?

Young, Gifted & Black?
  • Options
    CP, AD and DM? Really

AC, CP and MK would be a solid team if you ask me.
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    Who Zebedee, Ermintrude and Dougal :wink:

• Options
    No disrespect to Powell, but there are better managers out there. I didn't want Powell sacked, but it was always going to happen once RD took over. We've seen since how he wields the axe, so even if we do get a decent British manager now, the first sign of trouble and he will be gone.
  • Options
    RedChaser said:

Who Zebedee, Ermintrude and Dougal :wink:

Nah thats who we've got at the moment!!
  • Options

No disrespect to Powell, but there are better managers out there. I didn't want Powell sacked, but it was always going to happen once RD took over. We've seen since how he wields the axe, so even if we do get a decent British manager now, the first sign of trouble and he will be gone.

Of course there are better Managers out there... But are they available and can we get them to come to Charlton though thats the question!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Of course there are better Managers out there... But are they available and can we get them to come to Charlton though thats the question!!
    I guess we're about to find out :smile:
  • Options
    The grass isn't always greener!! How have QPR done since JFH was appointed? Not much at all! Of course the owners need to go, that's first and foremost.
  • Options
    Powell is too negative for a relegation fight. Matthew was always on borrowed time, and does not justify a place on our staff. Dyer brought a smile to the players faces, which can be good, but he was limited for a 1st team coach.

Better to use a clean sweep, send Euell back to the u21's, and bring in a new manager/coach combo.
  • Options
    Too negative for a relegation fight? What the hell does that mean?
  • Options
    Pedro45 said:

Powell is too negative for a relegation fight. Matthew was always on borrowed time, and does not justify a place on our staff. Dyer brought a smile to the players faces, which can be good, but he was limited for a 1st team coach.

Better to use a clean sweep, send Euell back to the u21's, and bring in a new manager/coach combo.

Really?? and you base the assessments on DM and AD on what?
  • Options
    pscofe said:

Too negative for a relegation fight? What the hell does that mean?

He refuses to play the revolutionary 3-1-6 formation.
  • Options
    Powell didn't set his teams up to win games, moreover not lose them. Talk to any Huddersfield fan and they will tell you the difference between their team from when Powell was manager and now that they have Wagner. Powell used to infuriate me when we won the 1st Division - he would go 2-0 up and shut up shop. Teams were there for a sound thrashing, but he refused the challenge, in case they made it 2-1. He played negative football instead. To get out of a relegation fight, you need to take chances (Powell never did) - when Riga came in, he knew he would lose some games, but went for it all the same, and we ended up winning enough to stay up. I think we would improve under Powell (were he to return), but possibly not enough to survive in this division.

Matthew was the only coach to survive through Powell, Riga, Peeters, and Luzon. It was a matter of time until he was removed along with the head coach (check out how many times the coaching staff get the boot once the managers has..); it was probably only RD's insistence that he remain as part of the terms of bringing in those other coaches that he survived so long. I can see no point in him returning.

As for Alex, he was well known as a funny guy, but has not kicked on since as a coach, hence my comment that he was limited.
  • Options
    Dowie, Reed and Robson?
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    Rod, Jane and Freddy

Bungle, Zippy and George
  • Options
    PL54 said:

Rod, Jane and Freddy

Bungle, Zippy and George

Basically what I just said
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Powell didn't set his teams up to win games, moreover not lose them. Talk to any Huddersfield fan and they will tell you the difference between their team from when Powell was manager and now that they have Wagner. Powell used to infuriate me when we won the 1st Division - he would go 2-0 up and shut up shop. Teams were there for a sound thrashing, but he refused the challenge, in case they made it 2-1. He played negative football instead. To get out of a relegation fight, you need to take chances (Powell never did) - when Riga came in, he knew he would lose some games, but went for it all the same, and we ended up winning enough to stay up. I think we would improve under Powell (were he to return), but possibly not enough to survive in this division.

Matthew was the only coach to survive through Powell, Riga, Peeters, and Luzon. It was a matter of time until he was removed along with the head coach (check out how many times the coaching staff get the boot once the managers has..); it was probably only RD's insistence that he remain as part of the terms of bringing in those other coaches that he survived so long. I can see no point in him returning.

As for Alex, he was well known as a funny guy, but has not kicked on since as a coach, hence my comment that he was limited.

How do you win a league playing over 40 game without setting out to win them? What are you talking about? Once the new chairman came in, our best players were sold. Do you forget where we finished in our first season back in the champ? You obviously have! With regards to Huddlesfield, how many players were sold at the insistence of the chairman whilst he was in charge? Riga had absolutely nothing to lose coming into the club that was facing relegation. And the staff at that time (AD and DM) deserve full credit for their part in the club staying up.

The fact that he was the only one to survive speaks wonders! Not just survive one new manager, but 4. Every club needs stability, you lose that you end up in the position we're in. Of course new coaches come and go but that's generally when a manager brings in his own coaching staff. This one in particular was our youth coach, part of the club etc etc.

This is the reason why AD went with CP at Huddersfield, he was brought in along with the manager. To say the guy is just "funny" when he was successful coach at West Ham and alongside a team that won League One is way off the mark. You're entitled to your opinion Pedro but you're completely wrong on this.
  • Options
    pscofe said:

How do you win a league playing over 40 game without setting out to win them? What are you talking about? Once the new chairman came in, our best players were sold. Do you forget where we finished in our first season back in the champ? You obviously have! With regards to Huddlesfield, how many players were sold at the insistence of the chairman whilst he was in charge? Riga had absolutely nothing to lose coming into the club that was facing relegation. And the staff at that time (AD and DM) deserve full credit for their part in the club staying up.

The fact that he was the only one to survive speaks wonders! Not just survive one new manager, but 4. Every club needs stability, you lose that you end up in the position we're in. Of course new coaches come and go but that's generally when a manager brings in his own coaching staff. This one in particular was our youth coach, part of the club etc etc.

This is the reason why AD went with CP at Huddersfield, he was brought in along with the manager. To say the guy is just "funny" when he was successful coach at West Ham and alongside a team that won League One is way off the mark. You're entitled to your opinion Pedro but you're completely wrong on this.

I am. And you are. Many fans see Powell (a true Charlton legend) through rose tinted glasses. He wasn't, and isn't, that great a manager.
  • Options
    Prove it......
  • Options
    anyway....new manager in now, onwards and upwards!
  • Options
    Pedro45 said:

Dyer brought a smile to the players faces, which can be good, but he was limited for a 1st team coach.

What part of the coaching setup was you at the club out of curiosity?
  • Options
    buckshee said:

People digging out a management team that won us the division with a record points total. Fucking laughable.

Yeah cos we lost matches... Had the owners got the right team that season we wouldnt have lost any!!
  • Options
    buckshee said:

People digging out a management team that won us the division with a record points total. Fucking laughable.

They won quite a few matches, but they didn't set out to win them. Powell was probably disappointed when we won.
  • Options
    I am merely saying that I don't think the return of CP, AD and DM would be a good thing at this time (although it would be better than bringing back JR!). Sure we won the league with a record points total - maybe if it had been with a record goals scored total I would have been happier? But that was then - a team that had investment, decent players, skill, purpose; now we are in a relegation fight, with no (little) investment, average players, little skill, and a lack of purpose. Horses for courses, and Chrissy is not the right man to be in charge of Charlton at this time in my opinion.
  • Options
    That's fair enough. I felt your original reasons were off but hey, different strokes different folks! It boils down to these owners, they're a joke.