Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Bring Back The Magic Three

2»

Comments

• pscofe said:

That's fair enough. I felt your original reasons were off but hey, different strokes different folks! It boils down to these owners, they're a joke.

Agreed.
  • edited January 2016
    Pedro45 said:

Powell is too negative for a relegation fight. Matthew was always on borrowed time, and does not justify a place on our staff. Dyer brought a smile to the players faces, which can be good, but he was limited for a 1st team coach.

Better to use a clean sweep, send Euell back to the u21's, and bring in a new manager/coach combo.

With all due respect - ABSOLUTE TRIPE!!!!!!

The season before this dreadful regime took over, and the one after the record breaking promotion we were in relegation trouble under CP as late as mid March - he turned it round with an incredible run (18 points from the last 24), scoring 19 goals in 8 games including that 6-0 win at Barnsley.
  • Thing is that when we won League 1 with a record number of points the owners at the time backed CP financially to get the players he wanted and then after we got promoted they pulled the plug. This time around you have a raving lunatic who only looks at spread sheets and doesn't want to spend any money. THis day and age you need to invest in decent players and that is not going to happen.
  • Although Jose Riga may be respected in the dressing room, there appears to be a real need for some character - Andy Hughes springs to mind. Well respected amongst fans, players, coaches.....was also a great "guy" to have when the chips are down.
    Currently a coach at Rotherdam, but isn't he the type of coach this ragged band needs to help rally them to the cause and help support JR this time round????
  • When we won League 1, we were amazingly in League 1 - a situation we're trying to avoid and one that Riga avoided last time.

If Powell was so great he wouldn't be sitting at home during the day watching re-runs of CSI.
  • PL54 said:

When we won League 1, we were amazingly in League 1 - a situation we're trying to avoid and one that Riga avoided last time.

If Powell was so great he wouldn't be sitting at home during the day watching re-runs of CSI.

So you'd take everything that has happened since his departure over what is happening now?!?! Whatever. Like I said, we had a good thing going at the time and the owners have ruined it. We finished 9th!!! Remember that!! Once the new owners came in they destroyed everything. Sold our best players and never replaced them, well replaced them with guys that just weren't good enough. People by the likes of Yohann Thuram-Ulien as a keeper....UNBELIEVABLE - you do remember him don't you!! The grass isn't always greener, like I said previously. So many clubs go for fashionable managers, rather than realising they're on to a good thing. Too many hash decisions have been made with no thought. Too many decent people at this club have been let go and replaced with amateurs! JE being an exception but we already had two decent coaches.
    But back to your original point, CP would still be there if the owners didn't decide on their "network" of players but the manager was given the backing like the previous board did. I'm not saying we'd be in the Prem by now, i'm not saying CP is the greatest manager out there either but we wouldn't be in the mess where we are now! That's guaranteed!