Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

New VOTV article on Jose Riga's return

Comments

• Options
    rikofold said:

It wasn't the fan's forum she told that to, but the fans' meeting.

Well, the FF and others were invited. I've struggled to find a way to describe it that doesn't include the FF, although I accept it wasn't a routine FF meeting.
  • Options

So did the players say he wasn't good enough? They then gave him another game!

Seems the players then decided not to try and 5-0 made sure they listened

JJ was roaring at Reza for his sending off wasn't he?

That would be applauded if munity was afoot.
  • Options

Could it be that the players (I'm guessing Henderson and JJ) said he isn't good enough, but they kept him on until they got Riga (who asked for a longer contract than Roly was willing to give, hence why it didn't happen immediately). Would make sense as the entire team seemed like they didn't want to play for the dead man walking, and Fraeye threw a strop afterwards and made the players (Henderson or JJ) do the press interview.
  • Options
    Did they serve tea and coffee at this meeting?
  • Options

I don't think its good Management to have Chairman, CEO, Fraeye and 2 senior players in a critical meeting.

If i was Fraeye and been told to come to such a meeting, i would have held my hands up and walked.

Indeed, it's a ridiculous thing to do.
  • Options

I don't think its good Management to have Chairman, CEO, Fraeye and 2 senior players in a critical meeting.

If i was Fraeye and been told to come to such a meeting, i would have held my hands up and walked.

If it had happened under PV and CP / AC etc you'd have called it involvement, collaboration, inclusion or team work.
  • Options
    PL54 said:

If it had happened under PV and CP / AC etc you'd have called it involvement, collaboration, inclusion or team work.
    If Kevin Lisbie said he didn't think Curbs was up to it then who are we to disagree?

• Options

Could it be that the players (I'm guessing Henderson and JJ) said he isn't good enough, but they kept him on until they got Riga (who asked for a longer contract than Roly was willing to give, hence why it didn't happen immediately). Would make sense as the entire team seemed like they didn't want to play for the dead man walking, and Fraeye threw a strop afterwards and made the players (Henderson or JJ) do the press interview.
    Let's not forget they've got previous for sacking a manager before a game and not announcing it...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

'Voice of The Valley has also been told that a meeting took place at the weekend involving Fraeye, Meire, chairman Richard Murray and two senior players at which Meire asked the players in front of Fraeye whether the latter was good enough to continue.'

Oh wow, would have loved to be a fly on the wall for that conversation.

Wow. That's incredible!
  • Options
    It strikes me there was a fly on the wall at that meeting - the non-executive chairman. Why was he there? Does he think that meeting was acceptable practice?
  • Options
    PL54 said:

redman said:

One can only assume it was Jackson, as captain, as one of Henderson, Solly or Diarra. It is a ridiculous position to put them in.
    Any respect they had for her must have fizzled away now.

Solly wouldn't have said anything
    From what I've heard I wouldn't be so sure.....

#rezasnewbestmate
  • Options
    All this makes me wonder whether she has fallen on her sword or been gagged.
  • Options
    Tend to agree with @Seth Plum on the whole.

I suspect Meire was putting pressure on the two most senior players when it was clear the dressing room had been long since lost.

"He is my appointment why won't you work with him?"
    "Katrien, he knows absolutely Jack."

Since then she's been on the missing list after having a toddler tantrum for not getting her own way as Fraeye left the players to do he press conference as a thank you for not backing him well knowing his position was untenable.

We now have Jose in post via a Roland announcement and there is still no "official" sign of Katrien.

Suspect she has a few personal ends to tie up before its announces she's off to somewhere else in the network. But then again our owner is somewhat unique so anything is possible.....
  • Options

PL54 said:

Huh? So CP was in a meeting with his players and his boss, and his boss asked his players if they thought Chris was up to the job? That happened to Curbs too did it? I say that's bullshit.

I understand there may be meetings involving senior managers, football managers and senior players, but they don't start digging out the manager and getting opinions on whether they think he is any good or not.
    None of us were there. It's more than possible that one of the players implied the managers weren't any good and got asked the direct question about Fraeye. Not saying it's good management - would have been better to have a private conversation with the players - and certainly not before a game, but this isn't the most people-oriented or brightest of leaderships is it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I have always said players don't players don't play badly on purpose FACT, but maybe they just didn't like Karel and decided to make an exceptionally rare exception to that rule. "Let's try and lose heavy and we'll pay the fans, it's worth the cost to get rid of him." If that is the case much respect to them if they really hated him, much respect!
  • Options
    Just a routine 360° annual appraisal interview.
  • Options
    Carter said:

Before anymore gets typed I am not in any way defending Karel Fraeye here

But IF I was in a position of management and that had been done to me I would have found it difficult not to strangle the person asking subordinates if I was up to the job. Once resisting that urge I'd have been on my toes and putting a claim in for constructive dismissal.

None of us liked nor wanted Fraeye but that is absolutely no way to behave

agree but KF is still part of the network and is probably still involved in the scouting/transfers of players.

Once you work for Roly you never truly leave!
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    PDA:
    Couldn't the players have said No, this ain't on. We're not doing this ?

*PDA: Playing Devils Advocate.
  • Options
    Maybe Fraeye asked Katrien to ask the players, put the players on the spot so to speak.
  • Options

'Voice of The Valley has also been told that a meeting took place at the weekend involving Fraeye, Meire, chairman Richard Murray and two senior players at which Meire asked the players in front of Fraeye whether the latter was good enough to continue.'

Oh wow, would have loved to be a fly on the wall for that conversation.

What an appalling display of managerial ineptitude. What were they supposed to say in front of him? "Yeah, he's not good enough. Now come and lead us to victory in a vital game, Carol."

Or more likely, get them to take responsibility for RD's eccentric decision-making.

Disgraceful on every level.
  • Options
    edited January 2016
  • Options

I have always said players don't players don't play badly on purpose FACT, but maybe they just didn't like Karel and decided to make an exceptionally rare exception to that rule. "Let's try and lose heavy and we'll pay the fans, it's worth the cost to get rid of him." If that is the case much respect to them if they really hated him, much respect!
    I highly doubt it.