Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

New VOTV article on Jose Riga's return

13»

Comments

• Options

So did the players say he wasn't good enough? They then gave him another game!

Seems the players then decided not to try and 5-0 made sure they listened

Yes, the answer was emphatic on Tuesday night. What a piece of work she is. The cheering from the Valley when she finally sweeps off will be louder than us scoring a goal.
  • Options
    3 managers were on the radar to replace Carol - Jacko is very passionate about the best for Charlton - Riga was the best choice from the 3 although the club nearly fucked that up - Results should now pick up.
  • Options

3 managers were on the radar to replace Carol - Jacko is very passionate about the best for Charlton - Riga was the best choice from the 3 although the club nearly fucked that up - Results should now pick up.

Yeah, but were the other two Norman Vagazzle and Chris O'notbelgian?
  • Options

All this makes me wonder whether she has fallen on his sword or been gagged.

Bit crude fanny ;-)
    I hoped someone might twig my inference, Rodders.

• Options
    If the players were asked as reported, this ranks alongside her other biggies. It shouldn't need the players, doesn't the club employ anybody with football knowledge? It isnt a professional way to handle this at all. So I suppose we shouldn't be surprised.
  • Options
    PL54 said:

I don't think its good Management to have Chairman, CEO, Fraeye and 2 senior players in a critical meeting.

If i was Fraeye and been told to come to such a meeting, i would have held my hands up and walked.

Indeed, it's a ridiculous thing to do.
    If it had happened under PV and CP / AC etc you'd have called it involvement, collaboration, inclusion or team work.
    It wouldn't
  • Options
    PL54 said:

I don't think its good Management to have Chairman, CEO, Fraeye and 2 senior players in a critical meeting.

If i was Fraeye and been told to come to such a meeting, i would have held my hands up and walked.

Indeed, it's a ridiculous thing to do.
    If it had happened under PV and CP / AC etc you'd have called it involvement, collaboration, inclusion or team work.
    No, if anyone even suggested it in any business it would be considered terrible management.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    mogodon said:

I suspect KM and RM were fully aware that Fraeye was not up to it and hence they called the meeting. What is disgraceful is having players and manager there was well. If KM asked the question about Fraeye's abilities then that was utter cowardice aimed at getting them to go her job. It also meant that if they replied honestly then he would be fired and she can tell Roland her hands were clean. Had they refused to shit on him, then she could tell the fans that the players gave him their support in an open and honest meeting.

That's not management. That's pathetic politics.

Agree completely - she was simply placing the burden of giving negative feedback on to the players. This is quite surprising for someone who has had quite a bit of practice at sacking managers over the last two years..!

As for the bit I bolded though, as if she would let a silly little thing like the truth crop up in an "open and honest" meeting!
    Vincenzo said:

'Voice of The Valley has also been told that a meeting took place at the weekend involving Fraeye, Meire, chairman Richard Murray and two senior players at which Meire asked the players in front of Fraeye whether the latter was good enough to continue.'

Oh wow, would have loved to be a fly on the wall for that conversation.

What an appalling display of managerial ineptitude. What were they supposed to say in front of him? "Yeah, he's not good enough. Now come and lead us to victory in a vital game, Carol."

Or more likely, get them to take responsibility for RD's eccentric decision-making.

Disgraceful on every level.
    If the rumours of Roland personally grooming Fraeye are true, then this makes sense. Roland obviously likes working with Karel because he's been in and around the network in various capacities for at least 2 years. I dare say getting a man like Roland to change his mind about an appointment like this would've been very difficult.

However, having the players openly say it to his face means he either resigns and KM doesn't have to go against Roland's wishes - or, as you say, she can get the players to take responsibility for it. Sadly, I'm not very surprised at the ineptitude displayed by her here, she really does appear to have a staggering aptitude for being calculative and nasty - whilst also being unable to understand anything about either management or running a business.

That Murray was in the room also makes him sink even lower in my books. Please move on, Richard.
  • Options
    Rob said:

KM is totally our of her depth. That is shown in everything she has done. RD totally underestimated what is needed to run an English Championship club and has shown us a total lack of respect by giving us a CEO who is so wet behind the ears with no football knowledge. She should still be a junior partner in a law firm, not CEO of Charlton Athletic.

Unbelievable.

I'd be interested to hear the opinions of her old colleagues about her current job; whether they would think she was suitable for such a role..
  • Options
    I tried to be positive about charlton the other day, I think maybe I was wrong...... I was wrong.

Reading that Meire asked a couple of players in front of their manager whether he is up to it, is just so unprofessionally stupid and disrespectful for both parties. Awkward.

Even a private conversation with a player asking their opinion on Fraeye is a bit out of order and complete wank.

Was she awake when she asked this question? Very lazy. When she attends matches, is she even watching the game?

Funnily enough I've had that situation I got asked by the owner of a company if my manager is up to it, in front of the manager and a second time when he was on speaker phone.
    I just insisted he's fine and ok just to stop the shit and how stupid it was.

That was at a crappy low life call centre!
  • Options
    Dave2l said:

Funnily enough I've had that situation I got asked by the owner of a company if my manager is up to it, in front of the manager and a second time when he was on speaker phone.
    I just insisted he's fine and ok just to stop the shit and how stupid it was.
    That was at a crappy low life call centre!

An NHS one , situated lets say in the Valley ticket office ??
  • Options
    LuckyReds said:

Rob said:

KM is totally our of her depth. That is shown in everything she has done. RD totally underestimated what is needed to run an English Championship club and has shown us a total lack of respect by giving us a CEO who is so wet behind the ears with no football knowledge. She should still be a junior partner in a law firm, not CEO of Charlton Athletic.

Unbelievable.

I'd be interested to hear the opinions of her old colleagues about her current job; whether they would think she was suitable for such a role..
    Given she has not been any of her most recent jobs any length of time, it may be hard to get their views. Ask Roland. He's got an old man's obsession with her.
  • Options
    My guess is that KM wanted to sack Karel but knew that was difficult as he has, or had, Roland's backing.

Asking the players was her, unprofessional, way of avoiding having to take the responsibility herself. "It wasn't me, it was the players, honest, Roly".

I notice that JJ has been far more positive about Riga, on the OS, than he was about KF.
  • Options

My guess is that KM wanted to sack Karel but knew that was difficult as he has, or had, Roland's backing.

Asking the players was her, unprofessional, way of avoiding having to take the responsibility herself. "It wasn't me, it was the players, honest, Roly".

I notice that JJ has been far more positive about Riga, on the OS, than he was about KF.

Spot on. But again the club has asked a key player to give support for the new man (another wonderful CAFC Q&A) while they continue to remain silent. And what could JJ say ... he's a consummate professional who knows that for the next few months he has to work with this guy?

The only communication from the club these days seems to come from players.
  • Options
    vffvff
    edited January 2016
    mogodon said:

Spot on. But again the club has asked a key player to give support for the new man (another wonderful CAFC Q&A) while they continue to remain silent. And what could JJ say ... he's a consummate professional who knows that for the next few months he has to work with this guy?

The only communication from the club these days seems to come from players.
    It is because Meire and Murray have lost all creadability.

Great VOTV article which hits the nail squarely on the head again.
  • Options
    if KF is a favourite of RD I would expect that he'll return to Belgium and talk to RD about our club. You never know he might persuade RD to alter his plans with regard to the club.
  • Options
    vffvff
    edited January 2016

if KF is a favourite of RD I would expect that he'll return to Belgium and talk to RD about our club. You never know he might persuade RD to alter his plans with regard to the club.

Hope springs eternal. I doubt that Fraeye has survived so long working for Duchatelet by questioning his strategy or telling him that master plan is not going to work.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

A stopped clock etc, twice a day etc
  • Options

He will return to Belgium and tell him the fans are unreasonable and vindictive. And, if he really wants to stitch us up, he will add that Meire is the one person who can get us out of this mess and that Richard Murray is beloved by all fans and is the one man we will listen to.
  • Options
    I am not sure that KM wanted Karel out. Indeed we have learned that as recently as since Christmas, that Richard Murray was right behind Karel, and he has less reason to be loyal to Karel than Katrien. I think they were trying to get the players onside to try to get something at Huddersfield, and that Fraeye, who had not wanted to travel home from Colchester with the team, had basically gone running to mummy.
  • Options

Er....