Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Bristol City sack Steve Cotterill

Wonder who they will bring him to replace him?

Comments

• Karel odds on as interim

Bugger beaten to it.
  • Wonder who they will bring him to replace him?

They'll have an offer of £8m accepted for Sean Dyche and then he'll reject personal terms.
  • Bad news. Cotterill is shite.
  • Shame Riga beat him to it. He would have done well here.....
  • edited January 2016

Karel odds on as interim

Presumably heard he was back on the market and decided to act quick before Bayern sign him up to replace Pep in the summer.
  • What happened to Cotterill? He was a sound manager a few years ago..
  • Powell would be a good choice for them.

But he's English with Championship experience...I thought that meant we liked him? I'm confused.

• Sponsored links:

• What happened to Cotterill? He was a sound manager a few years ago..

Cotterill was the sticking point for getting Yann on board. Sacked him, they get Powell, Powell gets Yann and they all live happily ever after.
  • Weird how they were bidding £2m for Clough this week, whose decision was that?
  • Apparently the short list for the City job reads: Pearson, Sherwood and Monk, with an outside punt on Moyes, Whereas our shortlist was a lot shorter...Riga or No -one.
  • Apparently the short list for the City job reads: Pearson, Sherwood and Monk, with an outside punt on Moyes, Whereas our shortlist was a lot shorter...Riga or No -one.

And they'll all say no :smiley:

But he's English with Championship experience...I thought that meant we liked him? I'm confused.

I think what's confusing you, is that there are more than a 1,000 CL members, possibly more than 2,000 and they are not all the same person. They have different views :smile:
  • Why would they sack him? He's British and got championship experience which is 100% success according to Charlton fans
  • Cotterill is one of those guys that you just dislike. Never met him. He's probably lovely but just looks like a wrong un. Sorry stevie.
  • Those managers are a bit above Bristol City me thinks!!
  • uie2 said:

Those managers are a bit above Bristol City me thinks!!

That hasn't stopped them before. They'll announce one of them as their new manager before discussing terms.
  • Won the league and FA Trophy last season but they struggled to attract players.

He'll get another job soon enough even it is in League 1.
  • Sponsored links:

Was top of Murray's wanted list a few years ago.
  • Very hasty decision imhho.
  • Unlike Charlton, Bristol City and its owners appear to have ambition, therefore it wouldn't surprise me at all if they acquired a manager of decent calibre.
  • Won the league and FA Trophy last season but they struggled to attract players.

He'll get another job soon enough even it is in League 1.

August 1st at the valley
  • Having a verbal altercation with a customer as he was walking down the tunnel at the end of tuesday nights game probably did not help his cause. Both parties telling each other to F*** Off and Cottrell being held back by a steward as well.
  • edited January 2016
    Like to see Riga take it. then we could move on to our 4th manager of the of the week.
  • Addickted said:

Bad news. Cotterill is shite.

Was top of Murray's wanted list a few years ago.
    And Murray has a real eye for talent.....
  • shirty5 said:

Having a verbal altercation with a customer as he was walking down the tunnel at the end of tuesday nights game probably did not help his cause. Both parties telling each other to F*** Off and Cottrell being held back by a steward as well.

clip of that is on my twitter feed
  • Unlike Charlton, Bristol City and its owners appear to have ambition, therefore it wouldn't surprise me at all if they acquired a manager of decent calibre.

Why would a Pearson go to the club that is 2nd bottom? At best, you could achieve a mid table finish this season. Much better to wait for a team nearer the top, with a realistic chance of promotion

Why would a Pearson go to the club that is 2nd bottom? At best, you could achieve a mid table finish this season. Much better to wait for a team nearer the top, with a realistic chance of promotion
    The sort of players they're trying to attract I'd be surprised if they don't try to hire Pearson / Monk etc.

They'll either succeed because the said manager will know they're being given the funds to improve the squad, or they'll reject because they'll know that despite having the money to invest in the squad, they won't be able to realistically sign any big names