Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Bristol City sack Steve Cotterill

2»

Comments

• Options
    From what I've read they have been very unlucky in games recently. They could have won more points and been clear of the trouble. I would have stuck with him. We have been woeful and haven't been close to getting more points, and we've been getting thumped.

They might regret this decision. I think they had a chance based on recent performances.
  • Options

Unlike Charlton, Bristol City and its owners appear to have ambition, therefore it wouldn't surprise me at all if they acquired a manager of decent calibre.

Why would a Pearson go to the club that is 2nd bottom? At best, you could achieve a mid table finish this season. Much better to wait for a team nearer the top, with a realistic chance of promotion
    The sort of players they're trying to attract I'd be surprised if they don't try to hire Pearson / Monk etc.

They'll either succeed because the said manager will know they're being given the funds to improve the squad, or they'll reject because they'll know that despite having the money to invest in the squad, they won't be able to realistically sign any big names
    They can try, but 2nd bottom and 23 points off the playoffs, which ambitious player would go there now?
  • Options

Unlike Charlton, Bristol City and its owners appear to have ambition, therefore it wouldn't surprise me at all if they acquired a manager of decent calibre.

Why would a Pearson go to the club that is 2nd bottom? At best, you could achieve a mid table finish this season. Much better to wait for a team nearer the top, with a realistic chance of promotion
    The sort of players they're trying to attract I'd be surprised if they don't try to hire Pearson / Monk etc.

They'll either succeed because the said manager will know they're being given the funds to improve the squad, or they'll reject because they'll know that despite having the money to invest in the squad, they won't be able to realistically sign any big names
    They can try, but 2nd bottom and 23 points off the playoffs, which ambitious player would go there now?
    Exactly... Andre Gray (Brentford) / Zac Clough (Bolton) are turning down Bristol City, they're not exactly from glamorous clubs themselves (no offence to the teams mentioned), its not even like they're trying to tempt Premier League rejects down a Division
  • Options
    shirty5 said:

Having a verbal altercation with a customer as he was walking down the tunnel at the end of tuesday nights game probably did not help his cause. Both parties telling each other to F*** Off and Cottrell being held back by a steward as well.

this .. he's a volatile man is Steve .. he probably also had a run in with the owner .. another case where yesterday's hero is today's muppet .. He's been around, managed a few good clubs where I would imagine he's had similar problems, either that or he really is another 'milk rounder' who's inherently useless as a man manager .. he'll survive and prosper .. a cert for SkySports in a couple of weeks .. he'll rival soppy Holloway for the role of token west countryman
  • Options
    Genuinely just LOL'D when I saw that this guy is the evens favourite for the job!
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    I'm trying to keep abreast of this story.

It's got to be the west country own ? Ian Holloway.

Rent a quote, must do the double, Of City and Rovers.

The Bristols are far apart at the moment, but
    under Olly's hands on approach they could both be in League 1 Next season,
    If Rovers get the uplift come May.
    I hope we don't join them.

Alright my lover.
  • Options
    Bristol City have plenty of money and not afraid of spending unlike someone else we know. They will go for the best, probably Pearson.
  • Options

Genuinely just LOL'D when I saw that this guy is the evens favourite for the job!

TBF, he has got Oxford playing some half decent stuff
  • Options
    cafc999 said:

Would think that Oxford potentially is as big a club as Bristol Titty .. remember the days when thief in chief Robert Maxwell wanted to amalgamate Oxford United and Reading to make the 'Thames Valley Royals F C' .. what a blagger the man was ((:>)
  • Options

cafc999 said:

Would think that Oxford potentially is as big a club as Bristol Titty .. remember the days when thief in chief Robert Maxwell wanted to amalgamate Oxford United and Reading to make the 'Thames Valley Royals F C' .. what a blagger the man was ((:>)
    they (oxford fans) had a mass sit-in on the pitch which delayed one of their games. (possible idea for us) didn't stop Maxwell though. luckily there was some shareholders at reading that stopped it from going through.