Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Cardiff City placed under transfer embargo

Cardiff City have been placed under a transfer embargo by the Football League following a breach of financial fair play rules.

The Bluebirds become the fourth Championship club currently under a transfer embargo, joining Bolton, Fulham and Nottingham Forest.

It is the second time in six years that Cardiff have had such a sanction imposed upon them.

The embargo will be in place for the rest of the January transfer window.

Read more: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/35325391

Comments

• Options
    He'll end up there on loan surely? I can't for see this ending up being a positive for us in any way. Potentially him out on loan and lookman now sold to cover the loss of earnings. They'd rather the £2mill now and lose £7m+ in the summer than stay up it seems. <3 Roland
  • Options
    And now it all makes sense...
  • Options
    Tony Watt Watt Watt
  • Options
    Chance would be a fine thing at Charlton !!!
  • Options
    Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Another club with a shit owner. All dragged on.
  • Options
    Welcome back Tony ;-)
  • Options
    Haha yes!! Olé Olé Olé Olé Tony Watt Watt Watt will once again be ripping it up at The Valley
  • Options

You couldn't make it up. We've basically been letting him play for another team, expecting they'll pay good money for him at the end of his loan.

Not as easy as it looks, this football game.

She ain't got a clue
    She ain't got a clue
    Katrien Meire
    She ain't got a clue
    Don't think we can blame her for this.

No one knew this was happening. If anyone has acted in bad faith it is Cardiff.

Maybe the loan and transfer could have been structured or timed better by us but without knowing more about it I don't think I can blame her.
  • Options
    From Wales on-line-:

Full Cardiff City statement

Cardiff City Football Club can confirm that it has been made subject to an FFP embargo during the January 2016 transfer window. Whilst extremely disappointed that the Football League has decided to take this action, we will remain co-operative and compliant with the League’s position in respect of Financial Fair Play.

Having fully disclosed all matters in respect of our FFP position for 2014/15 and having taken independent expert advice, it is our firmly-held view that Cardiff City Football Club has indeed complied with the FFP requirements for season 2014/15 - contrary to the League’s position. As such, further advice will be sought, prior to a decision being made internally as to whether or not an appeal will be lodged.

The embargo, now in place (albeit subject to possible appeal), will stay in effect for the remainder of the January 2016 transfer window. Cardiff City Football Club again expects to trade within the set FFP limits for 2015/16 and therefore anticipates full participation in the summer 2016 transfer window.
  • Options
    surely they will just extend his loan, if he doesnt want to play at charlton,on his day hes easily our best playert but certianly does seem to clash with people and as pointed out were in a serious relegation scrap, and i dont know if thats the sort of football hes interested in.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

You couldn't make it up. We've basically been letting him play for another team, expecting they'll pay good money for him at the end of his loan.

Not as easy as it looks, this football game.

She ain't got a clue
    She ain't got a clue
    Katrien Meire
    She ain't got a clue
    Don't think we can blame her for this.

No one knew this was happening. If anyone has acted in bad faith it is Cardiff.

Maybe the loan and transfer could have been structured or timed better by us but without knowing more about it I don't think I can blame her.
    Roland dealing with Tan... was never going to end with cuddles and a new friendship.

:-)
  • Options
    Cardiff have been prevented from registering new players, whether they are coming to the football club on a loan or permanent basis, under the rules of Financial Fair Play.

However, the club is allowed to add new names to their roster if they have 24 or fewer established players, who are defined as being aged 21 or older and have at least five starting appearances for the club under their belt, on the books and certain other criteria are met.

The Bluebirds cannot pay, or commit to pay, any transfer or compensation fees for a player. They are permitted to sign an emergency goalkeeper, but only in line with existing regulations.

For incoming players, clubs can only pay Agents’ Fees as a benefit in kind to the player in question (as long as they do not exceed the £600,000 employee costs limit).

Loans, Eg: Watt, can be agreed but no fees can be paid to the parent club. Cardiff can pay a contribution of a loanee’s wage packet.
  • Options
    If Cardiff reach a stage where they have less than 24 established stars in their ranks, Russell Slade will be able to start looking at replenishing his squad with signings.

But the Bluebirds can only add a new addition, regardless of their age of playing experience, if the employee costs of a the signing are less than £600,000 per annum - or pro-rata if signed on a shorter contract.

It is also worth noting that the Championship club is allowed to register players under the age of 21 for non-first team matches.

Should there already be more than 24 players on the books, Cardiff can still sign players on a ‘one in, one out basis’ this month.

There are restrictions on this though and the costs of bringing the player to Wales cannot exceed either 75 per cent of the player heading out, or again, a maximum of £600,000 per annum - or pro-rata if signed on a shorter contract.
  • Options

He'll end up there on loan surely? I can't for see this ending up being a positive for us in any way. Potentially him out on loan and lookman now sold to cover the loss of earnings. They'd rather the £2mill now and lose £7m+ in the summer than stay up it seems. <3 Roland</p>

Lookman sold? I haven't seen any confirmation of that. Is this confirmed?
  • Options
    I'm not happy with how Roland runs the club, but this is another example that things could be worse.
  • Options
    Perhaps he could be tempted back now he has a drinking mate in Rojo.
  • Options
    Does that mean the Watt transfer is off?
  • Options

He'll end up there on loan surely? I can't for see this ending up being a positive for us in any way. Potentially him out on loan and lookman now sold to cover the loss of earnings. They'd rather the £2mill now and lose £7m+ in the summer than stay up it seems. <3 Roland</p>

Lookman sold? I haven't seen any confirmation of that. Is this confirmed?
    Conjecture. Didn't mean to mislead