Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Cardiff City placed under transfer embargo

2»

Comments

• Options

He'll end up there on loan surely? I can't for see this ending up being a positive for us in any way. Potentially him out on loan and lookman now sold to cover the loss of earnings. They'd rather the £2mill now and lose £7m+ in the summer than stay up it seems. <3 Roland</p>

Lookman sold? I haven't seen any confirmation of that. Is this confirmed?
    Conjecture. Didn't mean to mislead
    More like fortune telling

• Options
    edited January 2016
    http://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/jan/15/cardiff-transfer-embargo-football-league

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/cardiff-city-breaking-transfer-news-10738406
    Could Tony Watt stay?
    Dalman says...

We could possibly do a loan but our intention of buying him outright is not going to happen. We will have discussions with Charlton about extending his loan period, but if not we wish him well and thank him for the service he has given us.
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    crying matthew mcconaughey stunned laughing emotions
  • Options
    Tony magic feet Watt, Yaki Da,
    Welcome home.
    From the welsh valley to Valley Floyd road.
    Serendipity strikes again.
    2 million down, but a fitter leaner player who won't be Blowing out of his arse after 45 minutes now he's 100% fit.

What do you mean some of the other players might go on strike ?

I thought that happened at Huddersfield.
  • Options
    I guess however he may not want to come back..if that's the case why would we have him, no point in having a player that doesn't want to be here is there?
    However if he wants to be here and role up his sleeves and get stuck in (to the opposition) then welcome home Tony...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Would be great to have him back.... however might be interesting to hear from any Bluebird fans if they have heard anything regarding his conduct on and off the pitch?
  • Options
    On Cardiff forum it looks like they wanted Watt but not Slade:
    Fans have already voiced their opinions on Slade signing players, so maybe be a good thing? Gutted about Watt though
    No Tony Watt then - looks like we're stuck with Revell and Mason as our strikers.
  • Options
    I thought TW was blinding for us and a good fit for the team. Let's see if Jose can work some of that old Belgian magic with him!
  • Options
    LoOkOuT said:

So, Roland basis his grand plan on some form of strong Financial Fair Play, which turns out, the FA hasn't got the stomach to implement properly and many of Roland's preparations fall embarrassingly flat. But, when they do, in fact, use measures against an infringing club, it turns out to prohibit Roland from offloading an unwanted starlet and raising necessary capital in a moment of crisis.

Roland Duchatelet: like King Midas, but absolutely shite.

This. It's like an episode of Only Fools
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    For me it could be good luck. We desperately need a Watt type player in our toothless attack. Watt played a big part in lifting us last season. For all his supposed character faults, he is better than any other striker we have at this time so it should be a no brainer.
  • Options
    Riga will need to be an expert at re-building relationships to sort this out.

Otherwise it could be fight fight fight and down down down.

Possibly though that could all make up and Tony could score 12 goals in the remaining games and keep us up!

• Options
    I want Watt back.

We need every ounce of talent to get out of this mess. The last dressing room punch up occurred without any help from him whatsoever.

In any case the players don't have to be bosom buddies to perform on the day. They are supposed to be performing for us not forming a social club.

During one of New Zealand's most prolific periods Richard Hadlee and Jeremy Coney never even spoke to eachother.

John ‘Shake’ Wright, opening-batsman-cum-shuttle-diplomat wrote In his autobiography 'Christmas in Rarotonga'
    “I had to be a sort of go-between because they weren’t speaking to each other. I’d be asking Richard if he wanted to bowl another over and telling Coney that Richard wanted another gully – I felt like Henry Kissinger. It was absurd.”

• Options
    If he's fallen out with other players then surely we'll be looking to sell him to someone else?

Knowing us we'll sell him to a relegation rival like Bristol city and he'll keep them up.
  • Options
    TelMc32 said:

Personally, I'd be delighted to have him back. He's looked fitter in the games I have seen for Cardiff and that's a bonus for us, not being blessed with any fit forwards ourselves!

If he's been a twat(t), then I would hope that Riga would take him to one side, perhaps with JJ and explain what they want and from him and to try and make him see sense and stop wasting his undoubted talent.

Not one player has stood up and put in a decent shift for anything more than a single game since he's been gone. If they had, perhaps we could take a different view and send him somewhere else.

In the meantime, sit them down, bang their heads together and get them playing together for all their and our benefits. I have no time for pandering to pampered egos, whether that's Watt's himself or anyone he has allegedly offended. Grow up, shake hands and get on with what you're paid very well for.

So, just to be Devil's Advocate...

With Lookman back to fitness, you would rather play Watt than Lookman?

Some would say, (myself included) that Lookman has more than adequately covered for the loss of Watt, as shown by him being equal top scorer. Without the histrionics, who can pass the ball.

And what if the return of Watt means that Ade decides his career is best served elsewhere, and puts in a transfer request? Because I can't see for the life of me how we can possibly play both...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Cole and Sherringham did not talk to each other for years.

Fair play to Cole, who'd want to speak to that millwall c***!