Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Astrit returning?

Just seen he's messaged a few of the players he knows on Twitter wishing them good luck, and Riga brought him in last time, thought he was quality, though hopelessly unfit

Comments

• Options
    I am possibly his biggest fan however he has only gone downhill since he left us
  • Options
    He's just said good luck?
  • Options
    Bumpy ride? He obviously reads Charlton Life.
  • Options
    Don't think Riga brought him in, think Powell did he was forced on to Powell with other crocks of shit.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Returning? As what? Even if he came as a spectator they'd have to make sure he got a lower tier spot in the first 10 rows or he'd never make it to his seat before halftime. As a chronic asthmatic even during my month stricken with avian flu I could keep up a better pace for longer than him. He has a sweet left foot for sure but apparently just the one lung of a COPD blighted octagenarian.
  • Options
    I liked him.
    I believe he still has a flat in North Greenwich.
    Could be just the type of player we need for impact.
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    Would be pleased if he came back. Needs hardworking players around him but can pick a pass like no one else we have now or since he left. We need goals to win matches and we lack creativity. If he can provide that for sixty minutes then that will do for me.

Seems unlikely though.
  • Options

wmcf123 said:

Loved the guy, mentioned before with a ball at his feet he was honestly one of the most talented players I've seen on the Valley pitch.

It's a real shame in football that you actually need to move from one spot to another. That's where he really struggled.

He was talented and did buy into our scrap
    Are we playing 60 minute matches now then? Still more than under Fraeye, I suppose.
    I didn't suggest I wanted him back. Merely that he played a part; for 60 minutes, as you suggest
  • Options
    drewman said:

Don't think Riga brought him in, think Powell did he was forced on to Powell with other crocks of shit.

He was the very first of the bemused have-suitcase-will-turn-up-unannounced types, wasn't he?
  • Options
    I would have him back, type of player we need .
  • Options
    He'd be a decent squad option but I don't see much in him wishing good luck to some ex teammates really.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    A theoretical question.

Let's compare Astrit with some other talented Charlton players...

JBG - Clearly talented, but has he given a single indication that he Is up for the fight? In fact, the only impression he has given is that he wishes he hadn't signed that contract extension.

TW - Has similar fitness issues as AA, but even if you don't believe all the stories, is is a fact that he was dropped to the bench after a training ground bust up for the QPR game...

So, although I have no information that he is signing or not, but would you rather a talented player, with fitness issues, or one who clearly doesn't want to be here? (And, in one instance, has the same fitness issues?)
  • Options
    No fucking way. Am I in a parallel universe or something here?

Great in the odd flash of genius, but no way is he the type of player we need to scrap our way out of this mess
  • Options
    Swisdom said:

I am possibly his biggest fan however he has only gone downhill since he left us

I'd say he wasn't too far up the hill just before he left!
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    Off_it said:

Great in the odd flash of genius, but no way is he the type of player we need to scrap our way out of this mess

I think we need a creative player in midfield, poyet, jackson and cousins offer nothing different. Maybe not THEE player but most certainly the TYPE of player we need.
  • Options
    have to agree with off-it. he had talent (flicking the ball in the air and other pointless tricks) but I'm not sure a relegation battle would be suited to a player who went missing 90% of a game. hardly a fighter and very rarely if ever changed a game.
  • Options
    Off_it said:

Not doing a very good job with the current type of player we have at a disposal to get out of this mess.
    We need creativity in our midfield imo, JGB is not interested at present which leaves.............hmmmm.........errrrrr........no one.
  • Options

I haven't loved a fat bastard so much since Peter Garland was about!!

I recall one of Garland's last outings (he was on the bench) when a large red balloon descended and bobbled around the centre circle, causing the guy behind to yell: "Who brought bloody Garland on". Oh, happy days when you could on occasion smile or laugh while watching Charlton.
  • Options

have to agree with off-it. he had talent (flicking the ball in the air and other pointless tricks) but I'm not sure a relegation battle would be suited to a player who went missing 90% of a game. hardly a fighter and very rarely if ever changed a game.

Do t sound so sad about it mate, even a stopped clock is right twice a day. ;)
  • Options
    He was not fat! OK, had fitness issues due to being ill, but honestly how some of our fans can say he was fat, I just don't know. I' welcome him back, has flair unlike most of our current lot.