Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Astrit returning?

2»

Comments

• Options
    He was pure class. He had the first touch, vision, technique and Assing ability of a prem player. He just couldn't play more than 45 mins. But then again if he could play a full game he wouldn't have played for a team like us.
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    Scoham said:

Off_it said:

No fucking way. Am I in a parallel universe or something here?

Great in the odd flash of genius, but no way is he the type of player we need to scrap our way out of this mess

Weren't we in a relegation scrap last time he was here?
    Yes, but we had other scrappers in the team then. Who we got now?
  • Options

Off_it said:

Great in the odd flash of genius, but no way is he the type of player we need to scrap our way out of this mess

We need goals. We have zero creativity. Our forwards feed on scraps every game. Scrappers are two a penny. Creativity that can unlock defences is never easy to find. If Astrit was a 90 minute player we wouldn't even be talking about him on a Charlton forum.

And that's the point, he's not a 90 minute player. Struggled with 45. Unless his fitness has improved I wouldn't want him.

Anyway, bored with talking about him now. Comes to something when this sounds to some like our only hope!
  • Options
    I think it's fair to say that Jackson is not a 90 minute player these days either ( his legs have gone you know ;0)) but as long as he delivers in the time he's on the pitch he's worthy of selection.

He might be our only hope with Roland's budget of getting a player who can split a defence and create chances for our strikers.

Hard to see us scrapping our way out of trouble if we can't score a goal.
  • Options
    Bloody hell he's only 25! Thought he was around 30, must've been a presumption I made due to his fitness. Would definitely have him back.
  • Options
    He's only just moved to his current club
  • Options
    Off_it said:

Scoham said:

Off_it said:

Who are we missing that we had back then? Wilson, Church and Sordell?

We still have Solly, Cousins, Poyet, Jackson, Harriott and Fox.

There's enough in this team to grind out results. Can't see Riga playing four strikers/wingers like Fraeye did.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    drewman said:

Don't think Riga brought him in, think Powell did he was forced on to Powell with other crocks of shit.

Powell had previously coached him at Leicester, Powell admitted he was the only one of the imports that he actually wanted..
  • Options
    Off_it said:

Scoham said:

Off_it said:

Pretty much exactly the same midfield, plus JoBerg.