Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Addicks v's Hull match thread 16/01/16

Comments

• Options

So. It's taken Jose one training session to realise that Fox should be dropped and Ba and ceballos should be left at home. Maybe this is not quite the complete farce that I feared. Oh wait. Has Williams ever played left back in his puff?

Lennon will play left back.

• Options
    4-5-1? Williams at Left Back. Vetokele has never been effective as a lone CF. His hold up play is poor. JBG & Harriott had better get around him quickly. Looks like we are set up to counter attack.
  • Options
    Shite lineup, Williams, Johnson and Lennon in a back 4 doesn't sit well with me at all
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    Looks like a 4-4-1-1 to me.

----------- Hendo
    Solly - Williams - Johnson - Lennon
    Johann - Poyet - Jackson - Cousins
    ----------- Harriott
    ---------- Vetokele

Or it could be a 4-5-1/4-3-3

----------- Hendo
    Solly - Williams - Johnson - Lennon
    --- Cousins - Poyet - Jackson
    Johann ----------------- Harriott
    ---------- Vetokele
  • Options

11/1!!

Yeah just saw that. I don't think I've ever seen us have such long odds, not since I started betting. Couldn't resist it.
  • Options
    Afternoon Red. Afternoon all. Reporting for duty as usual, and massive respect to any travelling Addicks.

I will report from the Hull City coverage in the 'as others see us' mode.
    I hope Red and I synchronise well. Apologies in advance for any commentary lag affecting updates, as well as for my slowness, my spelling, and my typos.

When I find out I will mention who the Hull City 'expert' is and add a link, you can judge his credibility for yourselves.

Interesting team line up.
  • Options
    vffvff
    edited January 2016

CAFC | Henderson, Solly, Johnson, Lennon, Williams, Poyet, Jackson, Cousins, Gudmundsson, Harriott, Vetokele

Left back ? Williams or Osbourne ? Whilst Fox needs a rest, would have preferred Holmes Dennis at Left back but what the hell do I know ? Centre back pairing looks a bit slow.
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    -------- Henderson ------------
    Solly---Johnson---Williams---Lennon

---Cousins---Jackson---Poyet---

---------JBG-----Harriott---------
    ----------Vetokele--------------

?
  • Options
    45 mins till ko and Jose Riga Part 2
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

So. It's taken Jose one training session to realise that Fox should be dropped and Ba and ceballos should be left at home. Maybe this is not quite the complete farce that I feared. Oh wait. Has Williams ever played left back in his puff?

Lennon will play left back.

Ah yes. I forgot he did that before. Is THD still suspended or just dropped

Who is Umerah?
  • Options
    Do not expect any points from todays game,just hope that the players can give 100%.We can only wait and see.Must be concern over 90mins match fitness on 5 of those players,just hope new manager gives them a boost today.
  • Options
    Umerah a striker for under 21s
  • Options
    edited January 2016

Unless Igor has lost a couple of stone, I'm not confident he'll be of any use whatsoever.
  • Options
    sam3110 said:

Shite lineup, Williams, Johnson and Lennon in a back 4 doesn't sit well with me at all

Fox and Sarr have been poor and we have no little other options other than Holmes Dennis.

Igor back up top let's hope the Igor of August 2014 returns.

Good to see Riga go straight in, no point wasting another game with interim coaches taking charge.

COYR's
  • Options
    Umerah in style would be a straight swap for Igor. Umerah is a strong boy at his level, not afraid to miss (I hope he stays fearless), because he will always have a go from virtually any opportunity.
  • Options
    Just think he has set up for a draw, remember last time he picked the games to try and win.
  • Options
    We have a centre back pairing the Renford Rejects would be proud of.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Hope they do not have any pace in their team and especially up front. Would fancy my chances in a race with most of our team!
  • Options
    After 21 minutes the Hull fans will do a round of applause for a young fan Rob Brown who they lost to Leukaemia aged 22.
  • Options

Love the way Riga walks in looking for the laundry bin, Legend.

Probably needs to get that suit washed after wearing it for three years.
  • Options
    Just to let you all know Terry is struggling to get a line out for the CAFC player commentary, he will let me know when fixed
  • Options
    They (their media team) are feeling really really good, and expect Charlton to be dispatched with ease. They are predicting 6-1. They also have an astonishingly strong subs bench if the first team aren't doing it.
    If we can keep it down to 6 I'd be moderately satisfied, but to think we will score a goal is surely complete fantasy.
  • Options
    We write off our chances to readily IMO
    This squad has shown some fight before the Udders debacle. Hoping for a start like Brighton away
  • Options
    Not much else Riga could do on selection given the thin squad.

4141 or even 451

1 nil away win JBG set up by Igor.
  • Options
    Or 4-1-2-3
  • Options

Just to let you all know Terry is struggling to get a line out for the CAFC player commentary, he will let me know when fixed

On tigersplayer as back up
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!