Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Boycotts will not work

We need to turn up in force and get our voices heard, we need the numbers to protest effectively, the regime have already said ticket sales doesn't mean much to them.

Comments

• Options
    Yeah yeah ! Take a hike Katrien!
  • Options

We need to turn up in force and get our voices heard, we need the numbers to protest effectively, the regime have already said ticket sales doesn't mean much to them.

And you believe them why? Everything else they say is a lie. It probably does hurt them but they don't want us to let onto that.
  • Options
    edited January 2016

I won't be buying a match ticket for the Valley until they sell.

I'm considering breaking my boycott to get a ticket in the west next week.

These ****s are stealing the dignity of the club.
  • Options

I won't be buying a match ticket for the Valley until they sell.

I'm considering breaking my boycott to get a season ticket in the west next week.

These ****s are stealing the dignity of the club.
    I'm going to break my boycott next week. Only so I can demonstrate against Duchatelet, Meire and co inside and outside the ground.
  • Options
    Of course they work. People like RD understand one thing only and that's cash. But he's hardly going to admit that and try to downplay it.

His ultimate aim is to profit. Hold in long enough to start building on the club shop, car park etc and sell that off for profit.
  • Options
    I was seriously thinking of breaking my boycott as well for next week. But I just can't hand over money to the club whilst these weasels are involved. I will attend pre and post match protests. what goes on, on the pitch is all secondary for me at the moment.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Idle Jr and me will be there next week for the protests, but I can't decide whether to get match tickets or not.
    Likely we will, just so we can keep protesting in the ground as well as outside.
    But I'll get him a U18 ticket even though he isn't.
  • Options
    cafctom said:

What annoys me are the idiots who go in the ground and happily buy pulled pork rolls FFS. If you're a season ticket holder then fine, but why would you want to hand any more money over to the cunts?

Bang on Tom. Not spending another penny until they've gone.
  • Options
    cafctom said:

What annoys me are the idiots who go in the ground and happily buy pulled pork rolls FFS. If you're a season ticket holder then fine, but why would you want to hand any more money over to the cunts?

People who happily buy pulled pork rolls offend me too. But then again that's true for most vegetarians!
  • Options
    Is it halal pork?
  • Options
    Big protests are the way forward as they gain media attention.

Media attention = bad press = RD being embarrassed and name tarnished = RD fucks off.
  • Options
    I regret to say that if you support the team you are effectively supporting the regime. Whilst ticket sales may only bring in a small percentage of takings they are still are a revenue stream. As long as the stands seem reasonably well populated the regime will say that all those customers want and enjoy " the match day experience" and only 2% are dissatisfied. Empty stands and no spending on programmes, jackpot tickets etc will further hurt income. A vacuum of a stadium will put off sponsors and advertisers. It is clear that Roland doesn't worry about unpopularity but I suspect he doesn't want to own a money pit.

I have supported Charlton with a passion for over fifty years but in order to save the club we must now hurt the club.

• Options
    Boycotts will work ahead of next season. Go match-to-match and if you must renew, do it at the last minute. Let's face it, many of us didn't get our tickets on time last season anyway.
  • Options

I don't get this boycott OR protest approach. You can go to The Valley, protest, go home or to the pub in between, then protest again at FT. Yes, you can argue you've already paid for your ST but it's more about the visual element of empty seats.
  • Options
    I'm not sure boycotting games will work either.

Are empty stands any more effective than thousands filling up the car park protesting after the game? What are we hoping to achieve by having empty stands? The downside of having empty stands is a lack of support for the team meaning another likely loss making our situation even worse than it already is.

Thousands in the car park after the game will still embarass RD and still catch national and even international coverage, I just feel by boycotting we are shooting ourselves in the foot and gaining no more coverage than we will get with the protests.

What would be interesting is if every single exit from the ground is met by protestors meaning nobody could slip away from any side exits.
  • Options
    The Blackpool situation proves that you will never get everyone to boycott and it often just causes unnecessary divisions between the protestors and "collaborators". The media has already lost interest in Blackpool and the prick still owns them.

Presumably Duchatelet does care about money but if it was his only motive then he wouldn't buy a football club. He's more interested in proving what a clever boy he is by changing football forever.

I think he would continue to own us just so he can prove us wrong, money doesn't matter that much, he'd like to make a legacy. In fact, having all you old farts out of the way might be sort of what he wants. He'd like the Valley to be full of cool kids that buy shit and attend the cinema that he has built in the side of the west stand. Gigs could be held in bars built on club land. All you old fogies would ruin it with your bovril and blankets.

Furthermore it is hard to prove who is actively protesting through boycott and who just isn't going because they can't be arsed.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Are empty stands any more effective than thousands filling up the car park protesting after the game? What are we hoping to achieve by having empty stands? The downside of having empty stands is a lack of support for the team meaning another likely loss making our situation even worse than it already is.

Thousands in the car park after the game will still embarass RD and still catch national and even international coverage, I just feel by boycotting we are shooting ourselves in the foot and gaining no more coverage than we will get with the protests.

What would be interesting is if every single exit from the ground is met by protestors meaning nobody could slip away from any side exits.

I couldn't disagree more with the above.

Are empty stands any more effective than thousands filling up the car park protesting after the game? Yes!

I'm not sure that our situation could be worse. We have a dire team that even if by some near miracle escapes relegation this year isn't going to have the resources lavished on it that it needs to escape another backs to the wall relegation fight next year and so on in perpetuity.

With regards to embarrassing Roland, there is nothing to suggest that he feels in the least bit embarrassed or ashamed about what is happening. He appointed an "interim" manager months ago from a third division Belgian club to get us to where we are now. When he decided to replace him his first choice was a Serbian from Hungary who can't speak English! Do you really think he can be embarrassed out of this club?

Roland is a businessman. The best chance of getting him out is to cost him money. I find this disagreeable as this will damage the club but the alternative is to have the club damaged even more by the Belgians.
  • Options

The Blackpool situation proves that you will never get everyone to boycott and it often just causes unnecessary divisions between the protestors and "collaborators". The media has already lost interest in Blackpool and the prick still owns them.

Point taken, but Blackpool's relegation to League One probably has more to do with the lack of media interest in filthy Oyston.
  • Options

the team don't deserve our support at the moment.
  • Options
    I wish Duchatelet just started his own club. He could have a team that doesn't sell merchandise or even tickets for the games and could carry on player trading to his hearts content. It would have saved us all a lot of pain and trouble.
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    Mametz said:

I couldn't disagree more with the above.

Are empty stands any more effective than thousands filling up the car park protesting after the game? Yes!

I'm not sure that our situation could be worse. We have a dire team that even if by some near miracle escapes relegation this year isn't going to have the resources lavished on it that it needs to escape another backs to the wall relegation fight next year and so on in perpetuity.

With regards to embarrassing Roland, there is nothing to suggest that he feels in the least bit embarrassed or ashamed about what is happening. He appointed an "interim" manager months ago from a third division Belgian club to get us to where we are now. When he decided to replace him his first choice was a Serbian from Hungary who can't speak English! Do you really think he can be embarrassed out of this club?

Roland is a businessman. The best chance of getting him out is to cost him money. I find this disagreeable as this will damage the club but the alternative is to have the club damaged even more by the Belgians.
    Just curious then what makes empty stands more effective than thousands protesting after the game? The way I say it media outlets will always provide limited coverage on Championship football. You could have one national newspaper featuring a stand only a quarter full - (you will never get a 100% boycott no matter how much effort is made just look at Newcastle last season) and one national newspaper showing a photo with thousands in the car park. All both are doing is highlighting outside of the Premier League bubble the issues at Charlton, I just don't feel having 5,000 inside the ground is any more newsworthy than having a packed car park protesting.

Also you can have videos of a deserted Valley inside the stadium but it will never be as effective as videos of thousands protesting together so I genuinely ask you what makes an empty ground more effective?

I agree with what you say about costing RD money is the only way to get him out. Relegation will cost him money, a few thousand less bums on seats won't either. I guess what it comes down to is if you feel relegation is the solution, in which case fair enough, I just feel there is still potential for us to survive relegation and for RD to maybe change his ways yet however unlikely it is.
  • Options
    I'm boycotting for my own health and sanity. I will remember the happy memories forged over the last 49 years watching Charlton, but I can't watch the club slowly die and be treated with such disdain while doing so.
  • Options
    Martincafc,

I appreciate your point of view but I feel that your argument falls down in your last sentence ie: Roland changing his ways. There is no reason to suppose he will change his ways. He has had the club for two years and he has already changed managers five times. None of his appointees had ever managed in this country before. The result of this is we are in the relegation mire. You would thought that anybody in their right mind would go for someone with experience in this country.His first response after getting rid of Karel was to go for a non English speaking Serbian managing in Hungary! Roland really isn't going to change his ways.
  • Options
    Boycotting just looks as if nobody cares.
    Big protests outside the ground get in the news and create a siege against the owner and his minions.
    Oh and nobody should buy a season ticket until RD has gone.