Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Boycotts will not work

2»

Comments

• Options
    edited January 2016
    Southbank said:

Boycotting just looks as if nobody cares.
    Big protests outside the ground get in the news and create a siege against the owner and his minions.
    Oh and nobody should buy a season ticket until RD has gone.

Indeed I think mass protests definitely carry more weight than mass boycotts in terms of news stories. I would particularly love us to beat Blackburn then get massive numbers behind the west stand protesting. It would show everyone outside the club that it's more than just the poor results we are protesting about and the club would find it very difficult to spin the story.
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    Mametz said:

Martincafc,

I appreciate your point of view but I feel that your argument falls down in your last sentence ie: Roland changing his ways. There is no reason to suppose he will change his ways. He has had the club for two years and he has already changed managers five times. None of his appointees had ever managed in this country before. The result of this is we are in the relegation mire. You would thought that anybody in their right mind would go for someone with experience in this country.His first response after getting rid of Karel was to go for a non English speaking Serbian managing in Hungary! Roland really isn't going to change his ways.

Even if RD does or doesn't change his ways League One is not the solution. Look at Sheff Utd and Portsmouth in particular they've been down there for years and we may just keep free falling with relegation. Look at Tranmere Rovers in non league...

At least survival would give us a chance to have another crack at The Championship.
  • Options
    T

Southbank said:

Boycotting just looks as if nobody cares.
    Big protests outside the ground get in the news and create a siege against the owner and his minions.
    Oh and nobody should buy a season ticket until RD has gone.

Indeed I think mass protests definitely carry more weight than mass boycotts in terms of news stories. I would particularly love us to beat Blackburn then get massive numbers behind the west stand protesting. It would show everyone outside the club that it's more than just the poor results we are protesting about and the club would find it very difficult to spin the story.
    The point I have been making is that the owner, Roland, lives in another country and doesn't attend our matches. He has been criticised for the last two years for his managerial choices, particularly Karel, which everyone recognises was a disaster for the club. However, it had no effect when it came to his first choice for the next manager. So what if the press criticise him? He clearly doesn't give a toss. It may make us pleased that the press have a go at him but it has no effect on him. ( Anyway after a while, the press, especially the national press will get bored as they have will Blackpool ). Equally how will demonstrations outside the ground harm him: why should they. There was a big demo after the Forest game and this week he tried to impose Serbian from Hungary on us. The demonstrations have no effect. It reminds me of the RAF dropping leaflets on Germany in the early stages of World War 2 thinking that the Germans would rise up and depose Hitler.

As regards surviving to fight another year in the Championship, it might just happen, whether the stands are empty or not, but if we do, we will having a relegationstruggle next year, probably under a new manager recruited because of his experience of running Alercon's third team. It is not if we go down with Roland but when.