Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Freak Week

Yes it's turning into a bad season but 0-5 and 0-6 in the same week is exceptionally rare and it is something we won't see anything like it for many many many if at all because it's so rare. Sure we will lose two games in a week much sooner but it won't be by both of them being by such heavy scorelines. Does it make what happened this week more acceptable? Of course not. But even by this season's standards I can't see anything like this week happening for a very long time.

Comments

• Options
    One thing I have learned supporting Charlton, especially this season, is never to assume what you have just experienced is the nadir. I hope it is, but ...
  • Options

Yes it's turning into a bad season but 0-5 and 0-6 in the same week is exceptionally rare and it is something we won't see anything like it for many many many if at all because it's so rare. Sure we will lose two games in a week much sooner but it won't be by both of them being by such heavy scorelines. Does it make what happened this week more acceptable? Of course not. But even by this season's standards I can't see anything like this week happening for a very long time.

I'll bookmark this thread and ask you to re-evaluate after the inevitable hattrick Rhodes will score next weekend!
  • Options
    Just wondering/hoping that we have hit rock bottom!!!! Players need to make sure it is
  • Options
    Why can't it happen again ? We're in the bottom 3, the players have no confidence and are either too young and inexperienced or just not good enough. We were getting done 3-0 every week when they still had a bit of confidence !
  • Options

Why can't it happen again ? We're in the bottom 3, the players have no confidence and are either too young and inexperienced or just not good enough. We were getting done 3-0 every week when they still had a bit of confidence !

I'm saying we won't get back to back 0-5 and 0-6 again for ages.
  • Options

If we get two thrashings like this in a week anytime I will wear a bruka.
  • Options
    In the Saturday to Saturday we lost to The team who had conceded the most goals in the league(cup game) and were 23th in League 1.
    Before we were hit by the Yorkshire H-bomb from the Udders and Ull.

conceding 5 and 6.

You are implying that things can't get any worse on the field !

Are we not at 6's and 7's on and off the pitch ?
  • Options

And I'm saying, don't bet against it !
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    What's the odds on 0-7 next week to complete the sequence?
  • Options
    LoOkOuT said:

Please, please don't even go there Lookie, I can't take much more :cold_sweat:
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 2016

Who exactly are you trying to convince about this?

Personally I think such heavy losses are not just freaks but the logical result of mismanagement on an industrial scale. There is a reason we have conceded 11 goals this week.

If Riga can turn this around it may not be immediate and given that the circumstances leading to this terrible week are fundamentally the same, (even to the appointment of a network Manager) and that we are trying to sell our best players, I think there is every possibility of further heavy defeats.

Freak week, at the moment, would be us winning!
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    IAgree said:

Who exactly are you trying to convince about this?

Personally I think such heavy losses are not just freaks but the logical result of mismanagement on an industrial scale. There is a reason we have conceded 11 goals this week.

If Riga can turn this around it may not be immediate and given that the circumstances leading to this terrible week are fundamentally the same, (even to the appointment of a network Manager) and that we are trying to sell our best players, I think there is every possibility of further heavy defeats.

Freak week, at the moment, would be us winning!
    I Agree :wink: and we had those weeks (albeit international break In between) against Brum and the Wendies.
  • Options
    To any stato out there have we ever lost two games in a row 5-0 and 6-0 and following being dumped out the cup by lower league opposition ? What a week !
  • Options
    And i don't think it's a freak sadly
  • Options

If we get two thrashings like this in a week anytime I will wear a bruka.
    Not saying the Swedes don't make some quality items that are often very practical things, but I reckon some of these will clash with your match day casuals.
    http://www.brukadesign.se/inspiration
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    Only Charlton could beat a side 6-4 and then lose 6-4 to that very same side in the very next match
  • Options
    In the 1975-76 season we lost consecutive league games 0.5 at Bolton and 0.4 at Bristol City. During the midweek there was a 1.1 draw at QPR in the League Cup.
  • Options

I'll bookmark this thread and ask you to re-evaluate after the inevitable hattrick Rhodes will score next weekend!

Definitely worth a bet, as he is for first/last scorer. He will shortly be approaching Thierry Henri's goal record against us.
  • Options

LoOkOuT said:

Pretty long, I reckon, because I don't think that game would get to 90 minutes!
    So you reckon the game will be abandoned then?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Only Charlton could beat a side 6-4 and then lose 6-4 to that very same side in the very next match

Anyone for Tennis.
  • Options

That is freak. We have not seen that since.
  • Options
    Rhodes is going to murder us.
  • Options

In isolation, this could be seen as a freak week. But it is not. It's been coming for some time and is the end result of months, if not longer, of decline, mismanagement, and flawed thinking. The side's wafer-thin remaining fight ended at Colchester (with a few honorable exceptions) and was non-existent at Huddersfield and Hull. That depth of rot cannot be turned round overnight, even by the best of managers let alone the best of the network alternatives. It takes time, and we are running out of it.
  • Options

To any stato out there have we ever lost two games in a row 5-0 and 6-0 and following being dumped out the cup by lower league opposition ? What a week !

Not CAFC, but I recall as a kid Brighton, when Brian Clough was manager, losing 4-0 to non-league Walton & Hersham in the FA Cup and following that up with an 8-2 home loss to Bristol Rovers and a 4-1 defeat at Tranmere. And they stayed up, so perhaps there is hope.

But then again, Jose Riga, love him or not, is not Brian Clough.
  • Options
    LoOkOuT said:

0-6 is 250/1, can't get odds for 0-7! Blackburn to win by 4+ goals is only 14/1!
  • Options
    mascot88 said:

Rhodes is going to murder us.

Please let one of the premiership teams sign him by the weekend
  • Options

I believe Plymouth could ;-)

• Options

@pico answers: castrust.org/2016/01/was-that-the-worst-week-ever/
  • Options

@pico answers: castrust.org/2016/01/was-that-the-worst-week-ever/
    Certainly one of the worst.