Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Rhys Williams

2»

Comments

• Options
    Blucher said:

Williams was a very talented player and was rated as one of Boro's best but he's been wrecked by injuries and I suspect his career there is well and truly over. The poor bloke's performance on Saturday was on a par with Mike Small's at Millwall in 1994.

Presumably the reason we signed him is that we contribute only a nominal amount to his wages or, alternatively, nothing. Nice work, Katrien - maybe also Karel's way of leaving a mess on the carpet on the way out.

I just had a Mike Small flashback.....

Cheap is not the same as value, a mistake they continue to make over and over again.

• Options

He was absolutely fucking TERRIBLE at Hull .. we simply have not got the time nor the points in hand to break him in gently .. any loanees must be up to speed and fit from the get go .. send him back to 'Boro, he's a waste of money

Spot on Lincs.
    Damn right - send him back and get someone in who's up to it, we've got two weeks of the January window left - after that we'll be restricted to loans and free agents. The time to act is now.
  • Options
    Another addition to the Pantheon of dud loan signings.

Have we tried luring El-Khalej out of retirement?
  • Options
    Sadly another desperate short-term deal done by God knows who on the recommendation of Stevie Wonder by the looks of it. He used to be a decent player a few years back for sure. So did Derek Hales but not sure he would cut it these days. Actually ... after the last week, forget that last comment. Given Meire signs based on videos, so we are told, someone post her the Charlton Best of the 1970s video quick
  • Options
    se9addick said:

He was absolutely fucking TERRIBLE at Hull .. we simply have not got the time nor the points in hand to break him in gently .. any loanees must be up to speed and fit from the get go .. send him back to 'Boro, he's a waste of money

Spot on Lincs.
    Damn right - send him back and get someone in who's up to it, we've got two weeks of the January window left - after that we'll be restricted to loans and free agents. The time to act is now.
    But who else? We have to be the most un-attractive team to play for at the moment. Who would honestly want to join us? I wouldn't and i'm a life long CAFC fan so am biased. But even I wouldn't want to be playing first team football for us right now under this ownership and set up.

"We'd really like you to join us in January. We can't pay you much and obviously we are stuck in a relegation battle at the moment. But just because we've shipped 11 goals in 2 games and been knocked out the cup by lower league opposition, we are confident of turning things around."

"The manager situation you ask....well as you know we have just re-appointed Riga, our 3rd manager this season and 6th overall. 5th if you don't count the first time he was here". We're sure this time he is the right person. He's certainly the best one out of the six so far anyway.

"You've read what in the press?....oh the whole upset fans things. We're confident that will pass. Attendances are much lower now yes, but we see that as a positive because it means we can close the food outlets, lay off staff and reduce our utilities bill and it's a lot quieter too which is nice."

"Good question about the other players - the lads are great and we've got an excellent mix too which is essential. Some are really passionate about the club, others aren't. Some are really quite good, others really aren't. Some are here because lets face it, times are hard aren't they? We all need a job and you cant blame someone for taking the first job that's offered to them, can you? Then there are 1 or 2 who have checked in on a 28 day health and fitness course so that they can get themselves back to full fitness and return to what they do best, back where they really would prefer to be."

"So - after you've heard a bit about the club, would you like to sign this 4.5 month contract"?
  • Options
    Williams' 28 day loan must be nearly up. Anyone know when?
  • Options
    He's only on a 28 day loan anyway, for which we're probably not paying much, so he's only here for one more game

And while RD's YouTube watchers may have been responsible for much of our transfer rubbish, I doubt they were responsible for Williams. More likely our British interim head scout and Euell (ex Boro player) using their contacts for someone who was immediately available at the start of January
  • Options
    cafc-west said:

Williams' 28 day loan must be nearly up. Anyone know when?

a s a p I sincerely hope
  • Options
    So he got a players mark of 1.27 in the Statbank.

The previous record was held by Wilson for his performance v Watford which was 2.58.

He's absolutely smashed it!
  • Options
    That's some performance to beat Wilson's Watford "effort." That was a real "should be shot for cowardice" job.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 2016
    Missed It said:

Trouble is, he is precisely the sort of player we should not be signing in our current situation.

Two serious injuries, played only two games in the last two years, lacking match fitness, only here for 28 days. I've got nothing against the bloke, he just wants to get fit and play but we can't afford to be the ones nursing him back into football. We needed an experienced centre half who could step straight into the first team and take command.

It really is a joke signing and sums up Charlton's incompetent and desperate player recruitment.

Like Michael Morrison maybe ?
  • Options
    Indeed....