Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Glenn Frey RIP

Founder of the Eagles.

RIP

Comments

• Shit, that's a sad bit of news. Always loved his songs and singing, together with Don Henley.

RIP Glenn
  • RIP. Beautiful laid back listening the E****s
  • Agree. Another sad loss.
  • edited January 2016
    Rip
  • RIP. Not another one :-(
  • Brace yourselves. I heard Aaron Ramsey scored a hattrick in training today.

RIP
  • edited January 2016
    Was just listening to my vinyl Eagles this morning. RIP, not been a good month thus far.
  • Sponsored links:

• Didn't he also do the song from Beverly Hill's Cop? (Not Axel F, but The Heat Is On).

The Eagles, what a band. Hotel California, such shimmering beauty. I think Glenn was the singer on Taking it Easy and New Kid In Town?
  • RIP. Only 67.
  • Jesus that's young and a shame.

Eagles get bad press for not being original but I grew up on their Country/Rock sounds and like them. Great songs still have to be written.

RIP Glenn.

• My favorite song he sang was Lying Eyes. Had a lot of intestinal problems this last couple of years. RIP
  • That's bad news.
  • gutted. don't expect guys of that age to go. RIP
  • What a year. Another hero and icon gone

R I P.
  • Friend of mine told me he had been given two tickets to see them at O2 for his 50th by his wife who didn't really want to go so he asked me. Kind of forgot about it until reading a review and asked what happened. He'd taken his sister and forgotten he'd offered me!
    Take it to the Limit my favourite. Remember Andy Peebles playing Heartache Tonight on Radio 1 in the late 70's. It was a bit of comeback single for them and it was the first play on UK radio, we were driving through Camberwell at the time.
    Let's hope people are respectful and not come out with the usual crap that "The Eagles were great up to Hotel California etc......"
  • The first gig I went to in Bangkok. Volume was too low, started late as the Prime Minster was visiting and the crowd had to wait for him, Thais singing every word, mostly out of tune and out of time, apart from when they were talking on their mobile phones.

Enjoyed it all the same.

RIP Glenn.
  • Listening to The Eagles on the train to work right now. Brilliant

RIP
  • Sponsored links:

• Oh no not another one, my favourite was Take it to The Limit, RIP Glenn, this is turning out to be a very bad few months in the music industry.
  • edited January 2016
    The writer of the biggest selling album ever and will never be beaten! That's some achievement.
    I love Freys writing style and the song Hotel California is one of the all time classics. My dad is a country music journo and interviewed and indeed shared drink with Frey a few times back in the day, and reckons although very driven he was a top fella.
    RIP Desperado.
  • There's a great 2-part documentary on Netflix called 'History of the Eagles' which I thought was brilliant. In all honesty Fry came across as my least favourite in the band and a huge ego to have to work with but its gutting to lose another iconic musician. RIP
  • I was lucky enough to see the eagles 6 times,they were a class\ above anything else you could ever see in a live show,I cannot believe those wonderful harmonies are gone forever,RIP Glenn thanks for the memories
  • It's all been written above .. a fantastic talent in a fantastic band .. great songs and great memories .. thanks Glenn, Take It Easy and Rest In Peace you Desperado you
  • So sad, but we are now in a time period where many of the big names will start to pass.

It really does highlight the quality of the music in the 60/70s.

RIP
  • 'take it easy' RIP
  • Very sad. A superb song writer with Don Henley. Desperado is my favourite. RIP