Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Glenn Frey RIP

2»

Comments

• Options

There's a great 2-part documentary on Netflix called 'History of the Eagles' which I thought was brilliant. In all honesty Fry came across as my least favourite in the band and a huge ego to have to work with but its gutting to lose another iconic musician. RIP

this has been on BBC (I think) 4 TV a couple of times .. might still be there in iPlayer ? ..

Frey knew that he and Henley were the nexus of the band, all the others, although great musicians in their own right who contributed to the great success of brand 'Eagles' were essentially just passing through, rather as Lennon and McCartney or Jagger and Richards ARE/were really the Beatles and Rolling Stones respectively, they are all irreplaceable .. Ringo, George H, Watts, Leadon, Walsh, Meisner were/are essentially VERY talented back up men but all replaceable, Frey and Henley were not
  • Options
    I was lucky enough to see them just the once on their "Hell Freezes Over" tour. Not sure anyone played a single bum note the whole night - superb musicians and some great songs. What struck me (as a musician myself) was the way they changed guitars for EVERY song, it seemed like and these were all top end instruments. Nice, I guess, but it just highlighted for me how far away from me and my experience of playing music (and occasionally getting paid) their lives were.

RIP Glenn. It's been a very sad month so far - please no more.
  • Options

There's a great 2-part documentary on Netflix called 'History of the Eagles' which I thought was brilliant. In all honesty Fry came across as my least favourite in the band and a huge ego to have to work with but its gutting to lose another iconic musician. RIP

It's on Sky Arts for download at the mo.

• Options
    Nice words Saga always enjoy your insights into the music scene and agree I saw Joe Bonamassa a little while ago and he did the same thing with the guitars. Anyway whatever you think of The Eagles the quality and musicianship was always there and I am sad Glenn Frey has left us so soon. I saw the documentary on BBC4 and I was left with the impression that he was responsible for pushing Don Felder out of the band which left me a little sad as I have always thought Felder was an ace player and integral to the sound.

That said a sorry day for us music fans RIP Glenn god bless