Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Press day 21/01/16

PRESSDAY | José has arrived to speak with the national media #cafc

JR | "If we sign another player, they have to be able to fit straight into the team spirit that we are trying to build here. #cafc

Charlton Athletic FC ‏@CAFCofficial 13m13 minutes ago
JR | "Jorge is a competitor. I have worked with him before and he has qualities that will work in the Championship. #cafc

Charlton Athletic FC ‏@CAFCofficial 15m15 minutes ago
JR | "If, together, we all pull together in the same direction with good shape and organisation then our individuals can flourish. #cafc

Charlton Athletic FC ‏@CAFCofficial 16m16 minutes ago
JR | "We have to be the best team, in terms of togetherness, commitment and wanting the same. That is more important than individuals. #cafc

Charlton Athletic FC ‏@CAFCofficial 19m19 minutes ago
JR | "Hopefully I can have the same relationship with the fans as last time. We need them. They make a huge difference. #cafc

Charlton Athletic FC ‏@CAFCofficial 22m22 minutes ago
JR | "For sure, this is a different situation to when I was last here but I am going to put all my energy in to get the same result. #cafc

Charlton Athletic FC ‏@CAFCofficial 24m24 minutes ago
JR | "My first week has been very busy. I've had a lot of discussions with a lot of people; players, staff and coaches. #cafc

Comments

• Options
    Any talk of Tony Watt?.
  • Options
    R | "I prefer to think that this is the most difficult challenge of my career, just because I want to put the most energy towards it. #cafc
  • Options
    I thought Press Day was on a Friday now?
  • Options
    Uboat said:

So it's all about team spirit. As we currently have the worst team spirit in the history of football he's set himself quite a challenge there.

That rules JBG and TW out then. They haven't looked interested in ages!
  • Options

Uboat said:

So it's all about team spirit. As we currently have the worst team spirit in the history of football he's set himself quite a challenge there.

That rules JBG and TW out then. They haven't looked interested in ages!
    Yeah that TW's been anonymous for the past few months.
    I should have added "when playing for Charlton"
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    José Riga concludes his media duties for today by speaking with @SkySports' Gillette Soccer Saturday. #cafc
  • Options
    Charlton Athletic FC ‏@CAFCofficial 20m24 minutes ago
    JR | " Tony watt was due to join cardiff but is looking elsewhere. I am happy he is part of my squad but we need to balance the books #cafc
  • Options
    Who is the Jorge refered to ?
  • Options
    PL54 said:

Who is the Jorge refered to ?

Teixeira... the new Defender
  • Options
    I thought that was Jose ?
  • Options
    I'm sure the books will balance nicely in L1 - bloody stupid
  • Options
    PL54 said:

Nope... Dont know where Jose has come from

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/35355610
  • Options
    PL54 said:

Jose Riga?
  • Options
    ross1 said:

PL54 said:

Jose Riga?
    Nah the thread announcing that Teixeira has signed is written with his first name as Jose which is where the confusion has come from
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    talk is free .. let's see what impact Riga has on the job he's here to do .. i.e. getting the best from a very diverse, out of form and dispirited group of footballers
  • Options
    When asked whether the Scot will leave this month, new manager Riga said: “It is difficult to say but for me I repeat what I have said before, we know Tony.

“He of course has the abilities to be decisive.

“His football skills I have no doubt about, after that I cannot always master what are his intentions.

“If he’s fully committed with us then of course. He needs to be fully involved in what we need to do.”
  • Options

Charlton Athletic FC ‏@CAFCofficial 20m24 minutes ago
    JR | " Tony watt was due to join cardiff but is looking elsewhere. I am happy he is part of my squad but we need to balance the books #cafc

He can look where he likes, but can he actually play for anyone else this season if he signs elsewhere? How is balancing the books a short-term priority?
    Smiler
  • Options

ross1 said:

PL54 said:

Jose Riga?
    Nah the thread announcing that Teixeira has signed is written with his first name as Jose which is where the confusion has come from
    Scabbyhorse, will you please correct your headline on that thread
  • Options

Makes it feel like we've got an actual Manager again with his comments... rather than someone coming out with dribble all the time

Drivel not dribble. (Pedant alert).
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    Doesn't sound like Watt, has given Riga any signs, that he wants to play for Charlton.
  • Options
    Who normally turns up for the press day - just the manager? Would Katrien normally
    be there?
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    RIGA | Sharing a central vision will be key to survival chances
    Posted: Thu 21 Jan 2016
    Author: George Jones
    image: http://www.cafc.co.uk/cms_images/jose4x383-2914222_478x359.jpg

José Riga says that the key to Charlton hauling themselves to Championship safety this season will be if everyone at the club buys into one central philosophy
    George Jones reports

And he believes that the club’s supporters can also have a huge influence on the team’s fortunes between now and May, just as they did in his first spell in charge.

“I am the coach and I am just focussed on what I can do. If I can have the same relationship with the fans as last time, that will be great. We need the fans. We need a twelfth man and their commitment.

“What they have to be sure about is that I am here because I am like them. I love Charlton and I want to make a difference for Charlton - that is it. Hopefully they can be with us because they are a big help.

“I have a lot of confidence in them because last time I remember that they really did their job, so to speak, which made it easier for us to do ours.”

“When I stepped in the dressing room, I told the players that we are maybe not the best players but for sure we are certainly not the worst ones.

Read more at http://www.cafc.co.uk/news/article/charlton-athletic-jose-riga-2914224.aspx#AtRyiFc5DCWJW2fT.99
  • Options
    It's great to see someone thinking about the players that might come in. Up until now it's felt like we were just thrown players and told to get on with it, no thought for the type of character they are or whether Charlton is a good fit for them.
  • Options

Who normally turns up for the press day - just the manager? Would Katrien normally
    be there?

Not according to any of the previous videos