Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

How is this standoff going to end?

We seem to be hurtling towards League 1 with an owner and CEO who seem relatively untroubled by the chaos on the pitch.

Would anyone want to buy the club in its current state and how on earth could we attract any decent players?

I'm starting to doubt the sanity of RD as he seems happy to throw money away whilst having the club run by a series of 'cheap' incompetent managers and a playing squad that is not competitive.

Is he ever going to go and when he does what chaos awaits?

This is a bad dream that shows no sign of ending.

Comments

• Options
    Weird, isn't it? If I recall correctly, he paid about £20m to buy the club - I wonder what our market value is now, and what it will be in League 1 next season, a league lower and a few thousand supporters worse off than when he bought us.

Will he want to cut his losses before he loses any more money, or carry on his masterplan in the misguided belief that success will eventually follow?
  • Options
    With them selling, no other option, no way back.
  • Options
    Read the Guardian article. Meire states that there are other offers being made to buy the club.

http://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/70670/media-coverage#latest
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    "This is a bad dream that shows no sign of ending."
    23th August 2015. Sunday morning.

Mrs Benty to hoof: "Wakey wakey hoof, did you have to go out on the lash just because CAFC beat Hull with a 98th minute winner and your in the top 3 of the Championship; and who is this Katrien Woman, and a guy called Roland, who you were talking about in your sleep ? you were swearing like a trooper ! "

• Options
    edited January 2016
    Badly. I heard when we are in League One Duchatelet has already eyed up Dario Gradi (who will get a bonus for every youngster sold) to run the Academy so that Youth Talent can be spotted and sold on quickly. As KM would say " A unique football experience"
  • Options

Suddenly

Nothing will change bar or league status for many months then almost out of the blue he will be gone, leaving us and the new owners to clean up the mess he's left.

IMHO

Reckon you may be right there
  • Options
    How did Charlton go bankrupt?

Gradually, then suddenly (via Hemingway).
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    We will go down

We will have to " balance the books"

We will attempt to be competitive

We the " customers " still won't get the vision

We will go down

• Options

We will go down

We will go down

And we will drink our way through it?
  • Options

Suddenly

Nothing will change bar or league status for many months then almost out of the blue he will be gone, leaving us and the new owners to clean up the mess he's left.

IMHO

So, he's communicated his exit strategy then?

That's one to tick off the list.

• Options
    1905 said:

We will go down

We will go down

And we will drink our way through it?
    The 'aways' have been getting better the worse we get.

Just drink more to numb the pain.
  • Options
    He'll go at some point, but who knows what level we will be at by then. L2? Who wants to join a top academy in the Conference?
    He walked away from his political experiment, he'll walk away from his football experiment. The sooner the better.
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    IA said:

The standoff will end when the Trust finally buy a tank.

Oi, oi, @Fumbluff has already shot gunned that. And @GetOutOfMyClub is gonna ride on top with a rocket launcher :wink:
  • Options
    Well if we block the exits to the West Stand tomorrow, particularly the Players entrance/exit, where they all sneaked out last time. I'd say about midnight :smile:
  • Options

Suddenly

IMHO

This is a decent prediction I think.

Sadly I cannot see us possibly staying up this year, so I just hope they go quickly enough that they don't drag us down any further before they do.
  • Options

Suddenly

IMHO

Like thieves in the night.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    See there's now 100% more people thinking the trust should buy a tank.....from petis pois Rodney, petit pois
  • Options
    Boris has a soare water cannon he's not allowed to use.
  • Options
    MrLargo said:

Weird, isn't it? If I recall correctly, he paid about £20m to buy the club - I wonder what our market value is now, and what it will be in League 1 next season, a league lower and a few thousand supporters worse off than when he bought us.

Will he want to cut his losses before he loses any more money, or carry on his masterplan in the misguided belief that success will eventually follow?

Yet apparently wants £50m according to Richard Murray. Deluded.

I think @Henry Irving is right though. He'll leave just as he arrived. Suddenly.

I do genuinely worry we are hurtling towards non-league with Duchatelet as owner.
  • Options
    He has said he wants out of football by the time he is 75. Currently 69.
  • Options

He has said he wants out of football by the time he is 75. Currently 69.

We could be in the rymans league by then
  • Options

MrLargo said:

I think @Henry Irving is right though. He'll leave just as he arrived. Suddenly.

I do genuinely worry we are hurtling towards non-league with Duchatelet as owner.
    £50 million is what came out of Murray's trap to me before the Forest game, so straight from the horse's mouth.
  • Options
    "Stand off" is a term from the Westerns, and in a good Western the good guy (nearly always) wins. This particular story will end when the fans (Clint Eastwood) are standing victorious over a dead or departing Duchatelet (Lee van Cleef). There man be many twists and turns along the way, but in the end we will be here to pick up the pieces and get on with life once the despots are driven out.
  • Options
    edited January 2016

MrLargo said:

£50 million is what came out of Murray's trap to me before the Forest game, so straight from the horse's mouth.
    £50 Million...He's off his head!!
    Buy the time this bunch of Hoofwanking Bunglecunts leave he'll be lucky to get a fiver!