Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Addicks v's Blackburn Match thread 23/01/16 (and off pitch activities)

edited January 2016 in General Charlton
Good afternoon folks and welcome to today's match thread. Apart from the match I also hope to be able to bring you any off pitch activity as well, and hence I v'e asked for the thread to be kept open the same way as it was against Forest on 2/1/16. We had 936 comments and nearly 76,000 views on that thread. I guess this one could be as busy.

Sources are saying that a 20 man squad has been named, with Vez Te and Williams out and Ba, Bergdich, Reza and Watt included. However as normal I'll bring you the teams as soon as I have them.

Finally, I'm hoping the CAFC Player commentary works today, last week we had to rely on the crap commentary from Hull. This is also my chance to thank @LouisMend as he will no longer be working for the club on commentary, but will be working for BBC London and The SLP...... good luck Louis and thanks for your commentary's over the seasons.
Today it should be Terry Smith and A.N. other. if of course its working.

Whatever happens on the pitch, and I want us to win, lets make sure that after the game RD knows how we really feel about his 'pathetic regime'.....but as for the game......COYR's

Comments

• Options
    Much appreciated as always red, coyr make it a happy valley
  • Options
    Thanks Red, in Auckland so updates after the game much apprrciated. Coyr
  • Options
    From Tom Barclay of The Sun on twitter talking about the 'no purchase of merchandise' flyer-:

Charlton fans not happy with the running of their club. Just been handed this flyer heading into the ground
  • Options
    from twitter-:
    Black and white all over the place in SE7.
  • Options
    from twitter Newshopper
    Expect Charlton new-boy Jorge Teixeira and Tony Watt to start today. Lookman injured.
  • Options
    Thanks for keeping us who can't get there today informed Mr R.
    Hope you're feeling a lot better.
  • Options

Thanks for keeping us who can't get there today informed Mr R.
    Hope you're feeling a lot better.

Yes alot better thanks @Miserableoldgit
  • Options
    Thanks RedM, had man flu since Thursday and still feel shit, relying on you (and the team & Jose!) of course to make me feel a whole lot better come 5o/c !!

COYR.......
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    So TW is back and starting....looks as though my sources were correct.
  • Options
    edited January 2016
  • Options
    CHARLTON SUBS | Pope, Johnson, Poyet, Ba, Harriott, Ghoochannejhad, Makienok
  • Options
    Bergdich.. interesting.
  • Options
    Bergdich!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    Watt and Vetokele starting gives me flashbacks to when we used to be good.
  • Options
    Bergdich???????
  • Options
    4-4-2 then. Feel sorry for Bergdich. No football at all, struggled with English football and now dumped back in, out of position. He'll get crucified today. What a totally and utterly pointless signing Johnson will prove to be.
  • Options

Bergdich.. interesting.

Well Riga did get the best form out of Harriott before!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 2016
    I think that what is interesting is that NONE of the championship players brought in early are in starting line up.
  • Options
    Other than Bergdich and Fox i like the side, would have preferred harriot starting but i guess he will be the impact sub when needed.

That left side is weak though, dont expect much coming from there =(
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    Bergdich? Where the hell did they find him hiding?

Don't like the look of that team. New centre back pairing plus Cousuns and Jacko in a 4 man midfield, which we've seen so many times in the last 3 seasons isn't really good enough.

Good to see Watt involved but my gut feeling now I've seen the team is we will lose. Sorry.
  • Options

Bergdich!!!!!!!!!

Never let it be said that Belgians don't do irony, or, indeed, insanity.

Or it could be that we are Roland's surrealist art installation, working title "A Steaming Pile of..."
  • Options
    More black and white than red and white at the Valley....

Club shop - flash sale - empty after 2pmimage
  • Options
    uie2 said:

Bergdich.. interesting.

Well Riga did get the best form out of Harriott before!!
    For 1.5 games , as I have said before
  • Options
    ROVERS: Steele, Henley, Duffy, Hanley (c), Spurr, Taylor, Akpan, Evans, Conway, Rhodes, Graham.
    Subs: Raya (GK), Kilgallon, Ward, Lawrence, Lenihan, Bennett, Jackson
  • Options
    Highlights how utterly ridiculous the signing of Johnson was.
  • Options
    IN JOSE WE (I) TRUST!! :wink:
  • Options
    Teixeira wearing number 50 apparantly