Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Away Support

2»

Comments

• Options

You always sell out very quickly for your cup finals at the Den. One of the reasons those games are some of our biggest. You bring more than palace, filling jam, and even West Ham on occasions.

West ham would sell your ground out if they were allowed the allocation.
    Yeah, course, because you're an expert on Millwall/West Ham aren't you? One year they was about 100 short of selling out of their away allocation. Hard to believe I know but as one of their well known fans said when interviewed, Millwall away for West Ham really is just for the hardcore. Same as for us when we go over there. Only game I wouldnt take my kids to.
    Not having that. West Ham's away support is up there with the best. They just sold out 3000 at anfield in the cup in 3 days. Their hardcore is probably more than your average home attendance.

You think they wouldn't sell as many as you would give them? Nonsense.
    20th November 2004 they was given the top tier only at our place, which holds 2300. They bought 1994. Here's the figures...

http://www.millwall-history.org.uk/Millwall-Stats04-05.htm

I was there. You could see at least a couple of hundred empty seats in the upper tier.

Leeds only had the upper tier that season too and they bought more than west ham.

So they didn't sell out in 2011?

Go on a west ham forum and ask them if they would sell out. I don't need to speak for them.
    Who's talking about 2011? I said one year they didn't sell out, you said that was nonsense so I put up a link to prove it.
    Of course most of the time they would sell out, but there has been the odd occasion when they haven't.

I tell you what is nonsense, saying they'd sell out our whole ground if given the opportunity. That's nonsense.

An exaggeration perhaps but not nonsense. To say only West Ham hardcore go Millwall is effing hilarious.
    I didn't say it, I was quoting one of their well known fans who said it, a certain Cass Pennant. If I could be arsed I'd dig the interview out, but I can't.
    It's a funny old rivalry. There's obviously a lot of history and hatred there but the gates between the two aren't the biggest. You look at our biggest crowds and our games v West Ham barely feature. We get more v the likes of palace, gillingham and you lot. Although granted you lot and gillingham usually get given the bottom tier which always sells out so that adds a lump on to the gate. plus Millwall/ West Ham games aren't the type of games you take your family to, and I know plenty of West Ham who feel the same. As I said before, West Ham is the only game I wouldn't take my kids to, along with maybe Leeds away.
  • Options
    I hope it will increase the support, but I can't see it happening if the team is playing so poorly.
  • Options
    @MillwallFan, you're obviously wrong due the font of all Millwall knowledge having spoken.

@stonewallpenalty is the leading authority when it comes to everything Millwall related.

By way of a comparison, and just to put you firmly in your place, it'd be like you telling a Charlton fan something about their club that they know more about than you, only for you to decide that you're right regardless of the facts.

Yeah, that's how effing silly you look. Ridiculoso!!! :wink:
  • Options
    edited January 2016

@MillwallFan, you're obviously wrong due the font of all Millwall knowledge having spoken.

@stonewallpenalty is the leading authority when it comes to everything Millwall related.

By way of a comparison, and just to put you firmly in your place, it'd be like you telling a Charlton fan something about their club that they know more about than you, only for you to decide that you're right regardless of the facts.

Here we go, another millwall waffle merchant.

You don't have to be a millwall expert to realise he is talking utter rubbish.

And if you open your eyes and read i am more talking about west ham fans than your lot. I know an off duty copper who took his 67 year old mother to millwall in 2011 for gods sake. Proper hardcore.

See ya.
  • Options

And if you open your eyes and read i am more talking about west ham fans than your lot. I know an off duty copper who took his 67 year old mother to millwall in 2011 for gods sake. Proper hardcore.

See ya.
    Willy Waffle himself getting all mardy because he's been pulled up for talking rubbish about a subject he obviously knows little to nothing about.

Your mate and his mum prove the rule then, right? One copper and a wrinkly attending a game disproves what MF is saying?

Of course you'll get exceptions to the rule but, generally speaking, MF is right in what he says. I know you don't like it and, wrongly, disagree with him. That's your right to do so. However, it doesn't mean that you're not talking Belgium's finest, covered in great big dollops of brown ice cream.

Smell ya' later.
  • Options

You always sell out very quickly for your cup finals at the Den. One of the reasons those games are some of our biggest. You bring more than palace, gillingham, and even West Ham on occasions.

That's cos we know we can take the piss down there.
  • Options

See ya.
    Willy Waffle himself getting all mardy because he's been pulled up for talking rubbish about a subject he obviously knows little to nothing about.

Your mate and his mum prove the rule then, right? One copper and a wrinkly attending a game disproves what MF is saying?

Of course you'll get exceptions to the rule but, generally speaking, MF is right in what he says. I know you don't like it and, wrongly, disagree with him. That's your right to do so. However, it doesn't mean that you're not talking Belgium's finest, covered in great big dollops of brown ice cream.

Smell ya' later.
    The Belgium thing is uncalled for.
  • Options
    i agree with disgustedofdulwich

If Roland still has the club next year i would love to see no one buy a season ticket at the Valley. Then if everyone made that extra effort to get to the away games we will supporting the players without giving Roland & Co a penny. It could also be fun for us customers!!
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    Rob said:

This is an interesting thread. I believe the OP had a very valid and actually a forward thinking, different viewpoint on what is going on at the moment. At least regarding the potential to increase the away support which, in general, is pretty abysmal. And, he has basically been shot down up to now. I question if this would have happened if one of the 'established' CL favorite posters had made this suggestion. That is the attitude of followers rather than leaders. It's my observation and I find it interesting.

I wouldn't have a clue how to get this going but it made sense to me. Build on the discontent momentum and all that. I don't believe the OP deserved to be ridiculed as he was by some. That's the approach of bullies and should be left in the playground.

Some good points made yes and I was agreeing with a lot being written but when you throw in phrases like us having a rep for being "middle class anoraks" and a "small London club with passive support" just hours after a couple of thousand or so of us stood out there protesting for an hour and the passion and commitment that's been demonstrated over past few months then you're gonna get people's backs up and overshadow valid points.

Nothing to do with being a regular poster or bullying.
  • Options

See ya.

Smell ya' later.
    The Belgium thing is uncalled for.
    I know. Apologies. Just trying to lighten the mood :smile:
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

You always sell out very quickly for your cup finals at the Den. One of the reasons those games are some of our biggest. You bring more than palace, filling jam, and even West Ham on occasions.

Yeah, course, because you're an expert on Millwall/West Ham aren't you? One year they was about 100 short of selling out of their away allocation. Hard to believe I know but as one of their well known fans said when interviewed, Millwall away for West Ham really is just for the hardcore. Same as for us when we go over there. Only game I wouldnt take my kids to.
    Not having that. West Ham's away support is up there with the best. They just sold out 3000 at anfield in the cup in 3 days. Their hardcore is probably more than your average home attendance.

20th November 2004 they was given the top tier only at our place, which holds 2300. They bought 1994. Here's the figures...

I was there. You could see at least a couple of hundred empty seats in the upper tier.

Leeds only had the upper tier that season too and they bought more than west ham.

Go on a west ham forum and ask them if they would sell out. I don't need to speak for them.
    Who's talking about 2011? I said one year they didn't sell out, you said that was nonsense so I put up a link to prove it.
    Of course most of the time they would sell out, but there has been the odd occasion when they haven't.

I tell you what is nonsense, saying they'd sell out our whole ground if given the opportunity. That's nonsense.

How many spanners at Chesterfield yesterday?

Not too shabby MF,

I spoke to half a dozen Millwall guys at the U21 match last week (1-1)
    we had good banter and acted like grown ups ? even me !

The consensus was Neil Harris (who is one of their own) is being allowed to learn the managers trade without the pressure of the championship.
    Even the fans are more chilled and travel away now with a real chance of getting points.

MF and you other Millwall lads who come on CL for some good banter,
    Must want to play CAFC next season, whatever League we are both in ?

Guaranteed 4 points for you lucky Spanners.
    (deflected goals, penalties, Red cards, offside goals, our star player being injured week before game, ETC.

My Therapist told me to MOVE ON. (That GoodBad Friday Result will haunt me for the rest of my life)

• Options

How many spanners at Chesterfield yesterday?

Not too shabby MF,

I spoke to half a dozen Millwall guys at the U21 match last week (1-1)
    we had good banter and acted like grown ups ? even me !

The consensus was Neil Harris (who is one of their own) is being allowed to learn the managers trade without the pressure of the championship.
    Even the fans are more chilled and travel away now with a real chance of getting points.

MF and you other Millwall lads who come on CL for some good banter,
    Must want to play CAFC next season, whatever League we are both in ?

Guaranteed 4 points for you lucky Spanners.
    (deflected goals, penalties, Red cards, offside goals, our star player being injured week before game, ETC.

My Therapist told me to MOVE ON. (That GoodBad Friday Result will haunt me for the rest of my life)

Lol. Yeah, our away support hasn't been too bad this season. 1500 to Shrewsbury, 1250 to Peterborough, 1700 to Southend for the cup game and then 1500 a couple of weeks later for the league game, both evening games. Around the 500 mark for both burton and fleetwood both midweek games. We even took 300 to Plymouth for a Tuesday night game in the early rounds of the JPT cup. Anything over 50 has to be classed as a good turn out there! So yeah, everyone's more chilled and enjoying it again. It really had been shit the last 3 season prior to this one. When I said on here last season that relegation really wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing for us I got laughed at, but how things are panning out has proved my point. We'll be back in the championship one day and when we do we'll be stronger for it. And yes, league one is a good place for NH to cut his teeth as a manager.
    and yes, hope we are playing you lot next season. Gillingham are our closest 'rivals' in this league, but it never really feels like a derby when we play them.