Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

I Have the Banner that was confiscated from the North Upper Yesterday.

I went down to see what was going on after the stewards had taken the banner away.

I Took it back from the steward and then brought it back into the north upper and held it up.

If the person who owns the flag wants it back then PM me.

Comments

• Options
    they are on facebook I read on here. Anyone know their facebook details?
  • Options
    Well done that man
  • Options

Thanks, i'll ask about and get it on snapcnat.
  • Options
    Were you the guy towards the North-East stand?
  • Options

They are on the same Facebook group that Sue Parkes frequents.
  • Options
    Think the ladies name Gwen.
  • Options

It was something like Gwen Gower.
  • Options
    edited January 2016

Gwen Gowers. Her son is Josh Gowers

• Options

PM'ed you.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Left a message on her Facebook page.
    Thanks @Badger
  • Options

Let's make sure that this actual banner is at the front of the next demo

Take it to Rotherham. See if they have a problem with it.
  • Options
    Uboat said:

seth plum said:

Surely will end up in the museum if the Valley isn't torn down first.

It should become a holy relic. On induction into the CL clique, initiates are required to speak a sacred oath whilst clasping the banner. This could be known as 'the ceremony of touching cloth'.
    Better not wash it then.
  • Options
    Badger said:

I went down to see what was going on after the stewards had taken the banner away.

I Took it back from the steward and then brought it back into the north upper and held it up.

If the person who owns the flag wants it back then PM me.

Saw the guy get kicked out, then saw a similar banner go up and thought it was another protest and would go on all game!
  • Options
    What does the banner actually say?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Gwen Gowers. Her son is Josh Gowers

The Sons of Gwen Gowers? Sorry.
  • Options
    Owen Glen Gower ???
  • Options
    Ridiculous behaviour by the stewards, but the blame lies with whoever controls them, and we all know her name !
  • Options
    edited January 2016

I'd love Gwen and Josh to take legal action for assault and theft (of a season ticket) against the club. Regardless of the outcome it would ramp up the pressure. Can friends relay this?

It's quite unlikely theft would apply. The T&Cs indicate that season tickets remain the property of the club, so they would argue they were merely taking back what was always their property. (Whether the courts would agree is another matter as it's something you've paid for.) In any event if it was returned in due course, there would have been no intention to deprive permanently, so the Theft Act would be otiose.
    However, if the season ticket holder finds he cannot continue to use his ticket for the remainder of the season and it was paid for on credit, whether by credit card or the club's scheme, then claiming off the credit company for the unused portion of the ticket would be a plan as the club would have failed to provide the services contracted in full and would not be able to claim they had acted reasonably in the circumstances.
    (The debit card charge back scheme might also work.)
  • Options
    Just a thought and might put the club on the back foot, there was a defence lawyer offering his help, why not ask him to go with Josh when he has to see the club, just to ensure everything is undertaken in a fair and legal way, I'm sure he could find a few faults with the procedures especially if they try to get a bit stropy?
  • Options

Just a thought and might put the club on the back foot, there was a defence lawyer offering his help, why not ask him to go with Josh when he has to see the club, just to ensure everything is undertaken in a fair and legal way, I'm sure he could find a few faults with the procedures especially if they try to get a bit stropy?

That could backfire very badly for the young man.

The people who have chat with people aren't the problem and they aren't the enemy. If people are sensible with them then the club is sensible back things can get smoothed over easily and quickly. They aren't going to "get stroppy" as they don't need to. It's a private club and they can stop people coming in if they want to. The PR disaster of banning someone for this will be well known in any case but I repeat the people who have a chat aren't the enemy here.

Going in with a lawyer and having an "attitude" might not help him in avoiding a ban but it is up to him.
  • Options

That could backfire very badly for the young man.

The people who have chat with people aren't the problem and they aren't the enemy. If people are sensible with them then the club is sensible back things can get smoothed over easily and quickly. They aren't going to "get stroppy" as they don't need to. It's a private club and they can stop people coming in if they want to. The PR disaster of banning someone for this will be well known in any case but I repeat the people who have a chat aren't the enemy here.

Going in with a lawyer and having an "attitude" might not help him in avoiding a ban but it is up to him.
    But on the other hand going in with a lawyer stops a young man from being bullied by puppets being ordered by other puppets (who in turn is a puppet herself). Does a CEO (who is a lawyer herself) have reason to order a fan to be ejected on the basis of holding a flag that was in no way offensive or such? I don't think so. They can ask him to remove it and perhaps confiscate the flag but they can't eject the fan of which it was obvious they went in to do.

I'd not be bothered about having a ban from Charlton right now, in fact I'd take one.. Me and my flag next home match will welcome them to try and ban me for holding a flag.
  • Options
    Puppet-ception!