Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

How Far Do We Go?

So far we've had boycotts of home games, polite requests to not purchase food and drink, programs or merchandise and mass gatherings in the car park Having attended last nights protest I'm wondering if the silence within the ivory towers is due to them not being sure what to do next or just total contempt for us and all that we stand for. Assuming it's the latter, and I'm sure it is, what is our likely response? I stayed until just after 6 last night so didn't see how things ended but it seemed as though they were quite happy to stay inside to finish their champagne and canapés. After a while the crowd thinned out quite quickly and I would hate this to be seen by them as a half hearted campaign. I know this isn't 1985 again and it's a different problem, but at some point do we up the ante and if so, how far do we go?

Comments

• Options
    I'd rule out Murder.
  • Options
    It's good advice and must try to remember that when at The Valley. Unfortunately, he is someone who thinks he's always right and very opinionated who isn't worth the time of day.

I must not show my ire, but instead keep supporting the team, not the regime.

Thanks for the advice, I've got to keep my cool with things, just sometimes people like this idiot really makes things difficult.
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    I've attended all of the protests so far and fully support everything that is being done to regain our club and force them out. I think it's been excellent and again shows what amazing fans we are as a collective when we need to be.

Fortunately, I have a good relationship with those around me, I sit with my girlfriend and speak to people in the same row and in front. It's just this one man and a few next to him that speak to Jim Davidson who think they are the Gods gift, yet he only picks on me every week and it's just getting on my nerves.

Appreciate the responses, and as my girlfriend has told me before, I have to try to ignore and not react. Like many of us, I have a short fuse when it comes to Charlton, we are a passionate bunch. Which is why we need to force them out, sell up and get rid.
  • Options
    Sage there's plenty of those who supposedly are Charlton fans. Usually got bellies as big as their gobs. Unfortunately their brains are usually way too small and so can't or won't see the bigger picture. If he tries anything nasty he'll be the one out on his arse. Keep the lid on it.
  • Options
    C_A_F_C said:

I'd rule out Murder.

Now let's not be too hasty !!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Target Murray.
  • Options
    kentred2 said:

Target Murray.

Murray mince ?

• Options

kentred2 said:

Target Murray.

Murray mince ?

Indeed!
  • Options
    Sage said:

It's good advice and must try to remember that when at The Valley. Unfortunately, he is someone who thinks he's always right and very opinionated who isn't worth the time of day.

Thanks for the advice, I've got to keep my cool with things, just sometimes people like this idiot really makes things difficult.

Sit in the Covered End, you'll all be singing from the same hymn sheet.
  • Options
    Who is this Tony mahone,

Where has he cone from and what does he look like
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    They have reacted though by trying to fight fire with fire, a very poor customer service response! Not only "KM moving seats, the bigger more expensive barriers, pulling the blinds down, banning Louis Mendez, having to respond to MPs and seeing constant negative press, not appointing the Serb" as HI says, but also throwing out three protesters and removing their season tickets, removing access to Charlton Life on CAFC wifi, which is very sad. It must also irk Pinnochio to know that we have found out about the proposed Jimmy Seed stand plans well ahead of when she thought we might. The free coaches to Rotherham (obviously a Murray retro-idea) has failed to placate (and I don't know, but may end up being a damp squib?), and nor has appointing Riga. She was living a dream just over a year ago, but it has turned into a complete nightmeire! We have to keep the pressure on. Reduce income, keep up the sticker campaign, protest every game, stay in the media spotlight.
  • Options
    In the north upper L block you were getting lots of looks if you didn't stand up :) guy I go with just wants to sit and watch the match, and doesn't care about any of this bollocks as he puts it. And got quite a lot of looks.

This divide will grow, especially when/if we start winning and more people start thinking ah maybe they are OK after all.

• Options
    C4FC4L1f3 said:

This divide will grow, especially when/if we start winning and more people start thinking ah maybe they are OK after all.

That's a good point. This is bound to happen at some stage and when it does it will be a real test.
    Luckily KM is helping by opening up as big a divide as she can.
  • Options
    Uboat said:

C4FC4L1f3 said:

That's a good point. This is bound to happen at some stage and when it does it will be a real test.
    Luckily KM is helping by opening up as big a divide as she can.
    Won't be much of a divide when we go down.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

It just goes on. To use a cliche it is a marathon not a sprint.

It is irritating KM and Tony Cahones, it is costing them money and it is making them change albeit in small ways. KM moving seats, the bigger more expensive barriers, pulling the blinds down, banning Louis Mendez, having to respond to MPs and seeing constant negative press, not appointing the Serb, etc etc

I believe that they are still in denial, think we can't go down and the protests will stop if we win a few games. In the meantime they hide in their bunker and make grand plans which are often quickly exposed to ridicule.

I think they have and continue to underestimate the fan base. The 2% remark was one example of this now deliciously thrown back at her at every game.

To mix my sporting metaphors we are like a boxer without a knockout punch. So we have to keep jabbing away, scoring points and wearing them down until they throw the towel in. It could well go the full 15 rounds.

Hope your right Henry BUT if results do pick up imo the protesters will start to drift away.
    All about results for most and the protest on saturday was a success helped by a 5 nil and 6 nil defeat.
  • Options
    Keep the faith sage, we will defeat the rebel scum.
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    We will win and they will be defeated. And the day we do is going to be one that we fondly look back on as part of our history. One that shows, again, Charlton fans stuck together and showed the rest of the footballing world that if people want to challenge us, change us, and ruin us, they will not succeed.
  • Options
    I think we are going to get relegated, that will hit tv revenues and player (including academy) values, given we have a number of players now on longer term contracts, wages will not reduce by an equivalent amount.

I think boycotts of the food/drink and merchandise will bite harder once people (including me) prepare for it and are used to changing their match day routine.

I think many many season tickets will either not be renewed or will be renewed so late that panic must set in.

Concerted letters of concern to the major sponsors from fans would help as well.

It adds up to a real cliff edge of revenues and a clear signal the 'plan' such as it is has failed at Charlton. With the protests, even worse for the owner and crew.

Quite when this realisation dawns on them I'm not sure. It should have hit before giving Fraeye an extended run. With all the negative UK and even Belgian press, it can't have escaped their notice surely?

I think Duchatekel has missed a clear selling window and he has to hope he gets another one before he has to write off at least £30m of debt.
  • Options
    (Footnote writing off £30m of debt may save him tax but have no idea at what rate given the structure, 20-40% probably)
  • Options
    Sage said:

I genuinely think she just doesn't care as she knows that Roland most definitely doesn't either. They can add all the extra security and police because that will make her feel untouchable.

When someone from the West Upper dropped loads of the leaflets down into the directors box, she was at the back sitting with Murrary, and all she done was look, laugh and nudge Murrary as if to say look at these pathetic customers.

I don't know what's next, but we need to up it and big. Because they really don't seem to care, even more so with the amount of bad media coverage they're getting.

On a side note, I know what's next for me. The fat prick behind me is going to get smashed in the faced next home game. Constantly sticking up for this regime and the witch. Every time I stand up like thousands of others during the game, he thinks cause I'm the youngest of where I sit, he can pick on me. Calling everyone first class prats, we are the reason we are in this mess, we aren't proper fans, morons and whatever else. Yet when I give it back he is always so shocked.

I have had too much to deal with over the last couple of months, and he makes my blood boil, I'll end up getting kicked out for assault, but boy will it feel good to let loose on what I think of that idiot sitting behind me in the Lower West.

Sorry for the rant but emotions run high when it comes to this club, and we need to stick together to get our club back, we need to up the ante and force them out.

Sage, next time turn round to him and shout;

'WHEN YOUR IQ REACHES 50........SELL !!!'

better than a ban.
  • Options
    Sage said:

We've all got people around us like that Sage yes its infuriating when they sneer etc when you stand up to the chant. The most irratating bit is that they disagree with our protest but don't have any other ideas for the change they agree needs to be made. But hey you know what, when we have got this regime out and they are benefiting from our achievements I shall have the greatest pleasure of boasting about the fans who stuck to protesting giving everyone their charlton back.
  • Options
    seth plum said:

Sage said:

I genuinely think she just doesn't care as she knows that Roland most definitely doesn't either. They can add all the extra security and police because that will make her feel untouchable.

When someone from the West Upper dropped loads of the leaflets down into the directors box, she was at the back sitting with Murrary, and all she done was look, laugh and nudge Murrary as if to say look at these pathetic customers.

I don't know what's next, but we need to up it and big. Because they really don't seem to care, even more so with the amount of bad media coverage they're getting.

On a side note, I know what's next for me. The fat prick behind me is going to get smashed in the faced next home game. Constantly sticking up for this regime and the witch. Every time I stand up like thousands of others during the game, he thinks cause I'm the youngest of where I sit, he can pick on me. Calling everyone first class prats, we are the reason we are in this mess, we aren't proper fans, morons and whatever else. Yet when I give it back he is always so shocked.

I have had too much to deal with over the last couple of months, and he makes my blood boil, I'll end up getting kicked out for assault, but boy will it feel good to let loose on what I think of that idiot sitting behind me in the Lower West.

Sorry for the rant but emotions run high when it comes to this club, and we need to stick together to get our club back, we need to up the ante and force them out.

better than a ban.
    Speaking as a fat bastard, I worry that you are setting the bar too high...

How about "When your IQ matches your weight...."
  • Options
    seth plum said:

Sage said:

better than a ban.
    I don't think he'll even understand that, considering he said that Ahearne-Grant was coming on at the end of the match on Saturday when 1) it was clearly Ba waiting to come on 2) Ahearne-Grant wasn't even in the squad as he is out on loan and 3) Ba is black, KAG is mixed raced

He is just a complete idiot, I cannot explain...