Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Thoughts on Jose Riga

Regardless of how good or bad a manager he is I have a great deal of respect for him as a person. He doesn't hide from difficult situations, is honest with the press and conducts himself with dignity.
How he has kept his sanity after the fiasco here and at Blackpool is beyond me.

Comments

• Options
    Agree with the above, comes over as a decent bloke, whether he can keep us up is another matter....but I do feel alot more confident with him at the helm then KF.
  • Options
    Agree with all comments above. A lovely guy, and one who talks sense and knows what he is doing and wants. Whether he can get all the players he wants is another matter but made an excellent start with Tex I think.
  • Options
    One thing that has sprung to mind is that Jorge is the first signing Riga has been able to make since joining Charlton (Dont remember any late loans coming in during his first spell), so he's got a good eye for a player
  • Options
    Has he brought that funny looking kid with him again?
  • Options
    Is Fraeye's Dutch assistant still here . Decourt ?
  • Options
    Always liked Riga, was shocked when his contract wasn't renewed before as the players seemed to want to play for him! For obvious reasons i hope he does well but with dutwatalet at the helm, his future will always be unstable!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    In all honesty, taking into account his recent past, I find it quite strange that he wanted to come back in and work for Duchatelet and Meire. Irrespective of 'needing' the money or a job, any past experiences (including all that's gone on) should, in reality, make him not want to touch anything associated with Duchatelet and Meire with a barge pole!!!
  • Options
    I think the word that springs to mind is trust. I trust Riga has the best interests of the club and the fans at heart, I trust the team on the pitch is his team and when I hear him speak I trust that what he says is genuine.
  • Options
    Did a good job last time but it has to be said under a lot less trying circumstances but at least he appears to be honest and ready to engage with everyone unlike Fraeye who hid when things were going pear shaped. We will see but we desperately need some creative force in midfield to get us going.
  • Options
    He has played Watt and said we need signings. This does seem to feel like he has a bit more autonomy than the previous idiot.
  • Options
    Riga I like, I think you could see on Saturday the benefit the team had with a week of training with him and dont necessary think he is a yes man.

The issue I have is/was he the best person available for the job for the right footballing reasons? I suspect not.
  • Options
    At the very least he has stopped the rot! I am/feel just a little uncomfortable about his 'love' 'how much he loves Charlton' whether it is getting a bit lost in translation I don't know. Of course there is nothing wrong with him saying this, maybe it is just me? He does without doubt 'seem' like a PROPER MANAGER though, he is articulate and looks the part!!

I must say that I now DO believe we have a good chance of getting out of this shitty position, which a couple of weeks ago I thought we were well and truly fooked. If only he can galvanize our squad and maybe bring in one or two that look as effective as our own JT and get a couple of wins WE CAN/WILL push our way up the league.
  • Options
    I think this guy has that unassuming way about him which is impressive and I do think he can motivate and be objective and yes he is the right person this time. I just hope I am not proved wrong
  • Options
    Always had a ;lot of time for Riga, trouble is he can only work with what he's got. Lot more spirit on Saturday but hand on heart can anyone honestly say we deserved to win? Sadly there is not enough championship quality in the squad; something that has to be addressed pretty quickly or we will fall further behind - yes, I know, I'm stating the bleedin' obvious!
  • Options
    not read the thread but he's only be here for a week or so and he's already realised that Johnson, Williams and Vaz Te are shit and that Watt should be playing so at least he has a clue as to what he should be doing.
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    far too early to say - Fraeye turned round 5 consecutive defeats & the MK Dons debacle with back to back wins....
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I don't dislike the guy at all, I have felt more engaged with what he has said in PMI's and Press Conferences than any of Carols put together. He basically admitted he didnt like Du-shat-alert and he keeps saying he is his own guy. The guy has never been relegated and I personally think he knew he was coming into a shit storm from the fans and he is trying to manage them accordingly.
  • Options
    Unfortunately one of RD mates who does what he's told.
  • Options
    I like Riga. Hopefully he gets us out of this mess. He'll be a Charlton legend then (almost).
  • Options
    The fella will be hailed a hero ( and then probably dismissed) if he gets us out of this Miere.
  • Options
    If its true that he was at Bromley then hats off to the chap. I would've liked to have met him.
  • Options

The fella will be hailed a hero ( and then probably dismissed) if he gets us out of this Mierde.

Seem to have made a spelling mistake in my GCSE French there.