Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Thoughts on Jose Riga

2»

Comments

• Options
    edited January 2016

Unfortunately one of RD mates who does what he's told.

If he did what he was told the first time around, he would have been kept on after the 3 month contract expired.

Came back in a stronger position with a 18 month contract.
    so have already said he came back for Charlton and the fans.
    (only Riga knows if he meant it)

Duchatelet has lost a lot by the Volte-face after offering the job to the Serb first before Jose, only to bow down to the pressure from the London end. (Katrien and Murray ?) After being laughed at and Ridiculed around Europe in the hours that followed Roland offering the job to the Serbian.

• Options
    Had the wool pulled over my eyes for far too long with this lot.
    I defended them and defended them in the beginning, either I have no trust left in anything to do with this current era or Ive really just stopped giving a toss.

I hope something chages as my 4 year old will be ripe for a season ticket next year, as were my other 2 at his age who have now grown up.
  • Options
    He's impressive, a consummate professional, very dignified and he comes across as a nice guy. The jury's out on his skills as a manager - aside from keeping us up, which was too short a spell in charge to judge - as he has hardly succeeded elsewhere. I suspect his claims to not be in thrall to the owners and returning to the club are little more than slick PR and I don't buy that; he's an employee who wants a job and will do what is needed to keep it, and I suspect that included these claims as it suited him and the club to get the fans more behind him.

Is he good enough? To get us out of this mess, I hope so but the next month will tell all. But he is too closely allied to the regime for me to be won over by him. Yet.
  • Options
    A year and half too late. Clearly he is better than the previous two managers and i was won over by him, against all the odds, last time. But i wouldn't have chosen him this time around. I should imagine that RD picked him because he is cheap and manageable.
    Certainly, he has got plenty of time to keep us up ( i'm on at 9/2 to stay up so i live in hope) but i'm worried that the team spirit isn't as good as two years ago and ultimately that might be our downfall.
    The next two matches are key. Riga's honeymoon period will be short lived if we muck them up.
  • Options

I don't dislike the guy at all, I have felt more engaged with what he has said in PMI's and Press Conferences than any of Carols put together. He basically admitted he didnt like Du-shat-alert and he keeps saying he is his own guy. The guy has never been relegated and I personally think he knew he was coming into a shit storm from the fans and he is trying to manage them accordingly.

That's interesting, have you go a quote for that? I seem to have missed it.
  • Options

Unfortunately one of RD mates who does what he's told.

No he is not.
  • Options
    If he keeps us up this time it will be a much bigger achievement as last time he had a number of games in hand when taking over from CP due to the Cup run . We had a much better shape on Saturday and looked like a team .
  • Options
    So here's how I see it.

Riga seems to understand the concept of tactics - but when it gets to the point we see this as a plus you know we've had a bad run of managers.

Riga commands at least some respect. See above.

Essentially Riga is better than Mr Fry. But then again Fry was basically the managerial equivalent of the boy at the back of the class that repeatedly gets the pen lid stuck up his nose.

He's got my support, and he kept us up last time, but he hardly represents a change of tack from the triumvirate of imbeciles.
  • Options
    It's a no from me - too closely associated, despite his reassurances, with the freak show goings on over the past few years - he hangs around the Duchatalet regime like a bad smell - i am not convinced that he isn't as firmly in bed with Roly & Meire as the rest of them.

I will say that he is good at projecting himself, i just wonder if he looked & sounded like our recently departed nerd or the previous bug eyed loon - we'd be so easily charmed by him.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Oakster said:

It's a no from me - too closely associated, despite his reassurances, with the freak show goings on over the past few years - he hangs around the Duchatalet regime like a bad smell - i am not convinced that he isn't as firmly in bed with Roly & Meire as the rest of them.

I will say that he is good at projecting himself, i just wonder if he looked & sounded like our recently departed nerd or the previous bug eyed loon - we'd be so easily charmed by him.

What were your thoughts on his pitch side antics at the last game?
  • Options
    PL54 said:

Oakster said:

What were your thoughts on his pitch side antics at the last game?
    Pray describe the "pitchside antics" you seemingly witnessed, PL54 .

• Options
    I'm for giving him a chance. The next 3 or 4 games will tell. Many people talk about the need for a manager with proven championship experience. The only ones hanging around waiting for a job are there because they failed in their last one.