Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Did the protest go a bit quiet?

2»

Comments

• Options

You having to self moderate now ? At least Henry found it funny, but he would.
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    It needed a few more big mouths at the front starting songs.

Unfortunately as I was with my son, who was on crutches, we got stuck a bit further back.

NB I also didn't bring my list of songs this time. I'll be back up front next match.
  • Options

25May98 said:

The loud hailer was excellent. It informed the crowd about certain issues (Jimmy Seed flats) which many would not be aware of if they are not involved with social media and forums.

I think same old same old and repetition works. Keep it loud right until the end. We need to really annoy those inside the bunker. The smoke bombs were good too. Gave it a bit more menace without there actually being any menace UNTIL SOMEONE THREW ONE. (NOT GOOD).

The word is definitely getting out there. I've lost count of the number of non footballing people who have asked me about it.

Let's keep it going.

The loud hailer was good. However, I don't understand some of the abuse shouted direct to Airman during some of his comments. It was only 1 or 2 blokes close to where I was standing but I couldn't fathom that out at all !
    There was one bloke about 10 yards to the left of Airman who clearly despised him and was shouting out about him being bitter because he had been sacked. Couldn't hear the rest of his rant.
    PL54 ?
    Try to keep up
  • Options
    During the protest, my lad (who was mascot btw) saw Katrien (The Sprout Witch) peeking above the blinds in a dark room to the left of the main entrance.

Funny how she's not filming us any longer and laughing. She is feeling the heat now.
  • Options
    fattmatt said:

During the protest, my lad (who was mascot btw) saw Katrien (The Sprout Witch) peeking above the blinds in a dark room to the left of the main entrance.

Funny how she's not filming us any longer and laughing. She is feeling the heat now.

• Options

It did lose its impetus slightly but that is a sign of repetition hence the other approaches that CARD is coming up with. It may not be a regular post match event. I'd quite like there to be talk of it again and see the club set up the barriers and bring in extra police and security only for it not to happen and we focus on different tactics for that game.

The fight will be long and it will be messy. There needs to be well considered and effective actions such as the stickers on Saturday. We need to stay half a step ahead and that will mean having a range of ideas that can be used as and when.

Agree this. The 12pm initiative is good. A protest maybe every 3-4 home games on average. They will need to have the extra police in "in case". Sometimes DON'T boycott the food stands. As someone said the margins are relatively tight but by not knowing what demand will be that day they still have to order stuff in... Effective them more... Switching it up regularly keeps them guessing and keeps them preparing for the worst and the best scenarios, and paying for both
  • Options
    Did anyone see Katrien running outside the ground before the game? Bizarre.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Running? No I saw her around halfway up the West stand from the covered end walking at reasonable speed (too fast to talk to when walking the other way) surrounded by security at around 2.30....
  • Options

Was speaking to Kevin Rye ex of Supporters Direct tonight about the car park protest going flat. His advice, which I think a lot of you have more or less worked out, is:

- keep things short.

- try to have some fun around it, such as having a kind of party in the car park, rather than just turning up there

- use humour and ridicule

Like I said, I think many above have worked that out already, but perhaps good to have it confirmed by such a seasoned footie campaigner.

So, does this mean themed protests, with prizes for the best protest banner/costume?
  • Options

Was speaking to Kevin Rye ex of Supporters Direct tonight about the car park protest going flat. His advice, which I think a lot of you have more or less worked out, is:

- keep things short.

- try to have some fun around it, such as having a kind of party in the car park, rather than just turning up there

Like I said, I think many above have worked that out already, but perhaps good to have it confirmed by such a seasoned footie campaigner.

So, does this mean themed protests, with prizes for the best protest banner/costume?
    It's traditional for (some) supporters to go in fancy dress to the last away game of the season. I know it's a few months off yet, but can I suggest that anyone going to Leeds dresses up as a clown in honour of our ownership.
  • Options
    Stig said:

- keep things short.

It's traditional for (some) supporters to go in fancy dress to the last away game of the season. I know it's a few months off yet, but can I suggest that anyone going to Leeds dresses up as a clown in honour of our ownership.
    And theirs :wink:
  • Options
    Stig said:

- keep things short.

Or dresses like rats for Roland.
    Pinocchio for Katrien.
  • Options
    We need to get thousands and thousands of balloons made up with a message on them. Then inflate them inside the ground and throw them all round the stadium bouncing them everywhere.
  • Options
    dizzee said:

We need to get thousands and thousands of balloons made up with a message on them. Then inflate them inside the ground and throw them all round the stadium bouncing them everywhere.

From both ends of the Lower West towards the centre.. ;)
  • Options
    LuckyReds said:

dizzee said:

From both ends of the Lower West towards the centre.. ;)
    Some naughty person might fill one or two with water, and that would be bold...
  • Options
    Comedy gold if a water ballon burst on the wicked witch though - you know water melts them in Oz
  • Sponsored links: