Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The 'stand up if you want them out' chant

Could do with a bit of choreography and a final flourish because imho it falls a bit flat at the end and fans don't know whether to sit down straight away or what and then it goes a bit quiet...how about doing a quick chorus of the okey kokey at the end of the chant with a 'knees bend, arms stretch, rah rah rah' and a 360 turnaround and everybody sits down straight away ? And repeat the chant every 10 mins rather than a random 3 times as against Blackburn...something that the media could use and/or would go viral...

Comments

• Options
    Are you trying to bring cheerleaders in by the back door?

Seriously though, it may want something. I agree with the poster on another thread though who said that it should go on much longer. Not just for a few rounds, keep it going for ages.
  • Options
    how about finishing the song with just a long chant of OUT, OUT, OUT while waving our black and white scarfs around
  • Options
    Stig said:

Are you trying to bring cheerleaders in by the back door?

Seriously though, it may want something. I agree with the poster on another thread though who said that it should go on much longer. Not just for a few rounds, keep it going for ages.

When just about everyone is on their feet we should be using the opportunity to do a little extra...if we can come up with something watchable or amusing that the media can use and which could go viral then it will be self advertising (and give us all a bit of a giggle each time, and lord knows we could do with one on a match day at the moment)
  • Options

I agree we need something more. maybe we could try to express our feelings towards the board through the medium of modern dance.

More likely to be mass dad-dancing than modern dance judging by the fans we've got...
  • Options
    Oh dear.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    How about we go the whole hog and do a jump to the left
    And then a step to the right
    With your hands on your hips
    You bring your knees in tight
    But it's the pelvic thrust that really drives you insane.
  • Options
    Matttees said:

One for the oldies
    We all turn and point at KM and sing

Knees up mother Meire
    Knees up mother Meire
    under the table you must go
    Ei ei ei eio
    If I catch you bending I'll saw your leg right off
    Knees up knees up don't get the breeze up
    Knees up mother Meire

Oh my what a rotten tart
    What a rotten tart, what a rotten tart
    Oh my what a rotten tart
    And what a rotten owner toooo

We'd all have to jump and down to that one, you could trigger multiple coronies around the ground with the unaccustomed exercise...
  • Options
    tajaddick said:

I don't know if anyone has mentioned this elsewhere, but when this was sung on Saturday there where people standing up in the directors area.

Also at the Forest game. I couldn't believe my eyes.
  • Options
    Crusty54 said:

protests should not happen during the game

Before the game, at half time and after the game would make the point that there is no question about backing the team. Discipline is usually the key to successful political campaigns.
  • Options
    I agree with this. It was fine at 10 minutes in because the game was new, we stood up at 80 minutes becasuse we wanted to but it stopped the momentum building behind the team for around 5 minutes I reckon and I would prefer not to have to choose.

Let's support the team during the game?
  • Options
    Halix said:

Synchronised mooning in the general direction of Belgium.

Maybe dont do that in the second half so someones cheeks dont feel the impact of a wayward JBG shot
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    I was in the North Lower on Saturday toward the back and there was this rather rotund bald 60 year oldish geezer in a Charlton fleece going mental at people when ever SUIYWTO was sung, I thought he was going to have a hearty, it was great entertainment. We should sing it more.........
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

The second round of that song on Saturday was the loudest I've heard The Valley for a long long time.

Just after the banner was removed from upper north I believe
  • Options

Remember some of us having trouble even getting up

Too much information.
  • Options

The second round of that song on Saturday was the loudest I've heard The Valley for a long long time.

Just after the banner was removed from upper north I believe
    It was indeed! people were really angry in K and L block when this happened!!!

• Options
    edited January 2016

I think someone mentioned that this was directly after the banner was removed; in which case I dare say, like myself, many people were pretty shocked at how low the club was stooping and how out of hand things were getting.

I personally think that in circumstances like that it's right and proper to sing SUIYWTO - because that's when you realise that this is more important than the single game you're watching. Also, to those who claim we shouldn't sing it during the match, I think we should because it's bound to make the highlights at some point and it's also visually impressive - perhaps more so than the protests.

When else are we going to get people a few rows away from Katrien voicing their concern? The fact it's spread to the Directors Box is a massive thumbs up, and something we should continue. It must be awfully embarrassing for her..

Besides, Jacko seemed happy with the support on twitter after the match.
  • Options
    LuckyReds said:

I think someone mentioned that this was directly after the banner was removed; in which case I dare say, like myself, many people were pretty shocked at how low the club was stooping and how out of hand things were getting.

I personally think that in circumstances like that it's right and proper to sing SUIYWTO - because that's when you realise that this is more important than the single game you're watching. Also, to those who claim we shouldn't sing it during the match, I think we should because it's bound to make the highlights at some point and it's also visually impressive - perhaps more so than the protests.

When else are we going to get people a few rows away from Katrien voicing their concern? The fact it's spread to the Directors Box is a massive thumbs up, and something we should continue. It must be awfully embarrassing for her..

Besides, Jacko seemed happy with the support on twitter after the match.
    I think your last point is of importance.

If it's good enough for Jacko, I think he said "You couldn't have done more", then it's good enough for me.

The visual impact of all of those in the ground, with black and white reigning supreme, and The Valley woken from it's dormancy is really quite special.
  • Options
    Completely agree with all those saying "not during the game". If you really want to "support the team - not the regime" then the noise should all be before the kick-off, half time and after the match. During the game it must be a distraction to the players. There was a point in the Blackburn game when we were attacking and won a free kick in their half and the Stand up chant started - when we should have been making noise to support the team. Yes I want them out - but I would also like to see us still in the Championship next year (whoever owns us) and not in L1. I notice at half time there still seems to be a bit of a rush to the bars ... maybe that's more important to some.